Rams Starting OLB Justin Hollins out 10 weeks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Injuries are the only thing that makes Obo like Lewis. Rams'es best hope is a healthy Lewis.
That kid is a MONSTER. 'bout time the Rams'es OLB's looked good gettn off the bus.
But ya I think Snead sneaks an up-and-coming OLB off some other team's roster, for depth only.
Just say no to Aldon.
That’s not how Les Snead & The Rams work unless they have to_Obo is a player The Rams like,but the problem is getting him healthy & on the field.He is going to be rushed a bit because of the Hollins injury.
Mcvay is sneaky on how he words things.The LA reporters are building a cool relationship with The Rams franchise.Garrett is a big question mark still imo.Mcvay has not shown him much love as of now.So your point is well taken that it is a possibility,but then your predicting that OBO & Lewis are going to be injured?
Mcvay basically said about Terrel Lewis is only get a certain amount of playing time.The number is around 30,because he said he wanted to keep him at this weeks Reps.He liked what he brought & is excited to see what he can do.
I also think The Rams could go a little bigger on the edges & move Floyd around.He has been banged up as well though & Lawler broke his hand.
It sucks for Garrett he will have a harder time getting on the field & can’t be counted on unless he changed his mind about Covid.I’m just going by what I’m seeing & Mcvay had a scare but showed leadership if your not feeling well you need to step away for a minute.
The rules are strict in LA, & The Rams will have a short week going to Seattle for a Thursday game.If it is to happen the timing would be right after that game depending on the health & play filling in for Hollins.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We all love Lewis, when he plays.
He actually is more healthy than he is not.The Rams played him early last season & shut him down to make sure he was good to go in 2021.
Teams passed on him because of injury reports.Reggie does an amazing job.I think T. Lewis gets a bad Rapp. There is a player that has gotten a free pass comparably for 2 different players.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He actually is more healthy than he is not.The Rams played him early last season & shut him down to make sure he was good to go in 2021.
Teams passed on him because of injury reports.Reggie does an amazing job.I think T. Lewis gets a bad Rapp. There is a player that has gotten a free pass comparably for 2 different players.
Hope you're right, against Tampa Lewis made a difference so if we see more of Lewis, great! With Obo Okoronkwo coming off IR, then depth should not be an issue, hopefully.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Texans Practice Squad - Derek Rivers - was with Rams last year I think

Redskins Practice Squad - William Bradley King - 7th rounder had strong Senior Bowl

fearsomefour

Legend
If we're being smart we should call Oliver Vernon and Aldon Smith. At a minimum we can incorporate them into 3rd down rush packages immediately.

Obo and Lewis cannot be relied upon to stay healthy. They just cant. OLB was already a weak position group before Hollins went down.
The bad part is the starting duo of Floyd and Hollins was greatly improved by Hollins stepping up this year.
Not a bad idea to add a vet but I just don’t see Snead doing it.
Hopefully the Rams won’t need to.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If we're being smart we should call Oliver Vernon and Aldon Smith. At a minimum we can incorporate them into 3rd down rush packages immediately.

Obo and Lewis cannot be relied upon to stay healthy. They just cant. OLB was already a weak position group before Hollins went down.
I don't know about that.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm ok with giving Lewis a try at the starting position just don't know if his knees can handle it. Might have to be a steady rotation of him, Obo, and Garrett. Hopefully Hollins is a fast healer because we'll need him come playoffs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hope you're right, against Tampa Lewis made a difference so if we see more of Lewis, great! With Obo Okoronkwo coming off IR, then depth should not be an issue, hopefully.
What happens with Garrett? I really liked his play at the end of the preseason.He was doing against more 2nd & 3rd string players than starters.
Lawler got cut,but was a part of the depth the first 2 games.
I’m not going to pretend to know,but do look forward to how The Rams defensive fronts look with the next players up.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Fuck Aldon Smith up the ass with a spike-studded lunchbox. He's an embarrassment to Mizzou.

Um, you forgot to put "covered with Tabasco sauce" at the end of the sentence that started with "Fuck Aldon Smith" ... c'mon, proper English, please.

:laugh2:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If Lawler (early last week, McVay thought he had a chance to play against the Bucs) is ready; and ...
if Okoronkwo (eligible to come-off IR) is also ready, ...
then add-in Lewis and Garrett ... that's four OLBs/Edge-rushers for the spot opposite Floyd and the 10-12 plays Floyd is rested.

That's plenty of players and options. Question is whether any one of the four (or combination) will be productive.

Do not see a pick up unless Lawler and/or Okoronkwo are unable to play; or the group is unproductive in the next couple games.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If Lawler (early last week, McVay thought he had a chance to play against the Bucs) is ready; and ...
if Okoronkwo (eligible to come-off IR) is also ready, ...
then add-in Lewis and Garrett ... that's four OLBs/Edge-rushers for the spot opposite Floyd and the 10-12 plays Floyd is rested.

That's plenty of players and options. Question is whether any one of the four (or combination) will be productive.

Do not see a pick up unless Lawler and/or Okoronkwo are unable to play; or the group is unproductive in the next couple games.
This is how I see it too. DC Morris has only one healthy OLB'er in Rookie Chris Garrett.

When your OLB unit looks like a MASH unit it should set off alarms .....

Floyd-Damage ankle since preseason still having issues.
Okoronkwo- Damaged shoulder stinger since preseason on IR decision to be made to activate this week.
Lawler- assigned to PS/Broken hand resulting in surgery remains on PS.
Lewis- Cronic knee pain & swelling for several years now just now seeing snaps with the defense.
Hollins-Torn Pec/Surgery/ placed on IR. Was DC Morris's best-performing OLB'er!

Somethings I should remember:

*DC Morris history is far more 43 D than 34D. Rams DL is rounding into full health about now with A'Shawn Robinson showing signs of being a major run-stuffer to shut down any team running game after the Buc's game. DC has 4 very good solid DL'ers & a huge boatload of reserves with Jonah Williams, Bobby Brown, Mike Hoecht, Marquise Copeland, Earnest Brown. So yes the Edge Rushers are hurting bad but the DL can move in to carry some of this load. I expect to see more than 3 DL'ers getting snaps for the next few weeks.

* Might see some of the OLB'ers who were with the Rams in TC/preseason get a call up to the PS .i.e. Max Roberts or John Daka.

* Rams remain healthy @ ILB'er ...Troy Reeder college history is from starting & playing OLB'er. Even Travin Howard has played OLB'er for TCU but he also played both safety positions for them too

*Snead having no cap funds to sign anything of worth could trade RT Bobby Evans for a seasoned 34D OLB'er with many of the teams hurting in their OL's & then activate OL'er Tremayne Anchrum to bolster the future OL plans!

To summarize all this DC should have some options to think about. OLB Og Okoronko returning to the MR53 would be the first move IMO. Add OLB John Daka to the PS too. greatly increase the 4 DL personnel with rookie Bobby Brown working with SJD/ Robinson/ Gaines & get Donald/ Williams & Garrett on the ends.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Um, you forgot to put "covered with Tabasco sauce" at the end of the sentence that started with "Fuck Aldon Smith" ... c'mon, proper English, please.

:laugh2:

Very well. Fuck Aldon Smith up the ass with a spike-studded lunchbox that's drenched in the sauce of a thousand Carolina reapers.

Is that grammatically-correct enough? ;)

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Texans Practice Squad - Derek Rivers - was with Rams last year I think

Redskins Practice Squad - William Bradley King - 7th rounder had strong Senior Bowl
Rivers was. He is a disappointing player.. *but* is also an NFL player familiar with the Rams staff and logistics who could provide some realistic rotational depth.

The Rams need reliable snaps on the edge with some experience, imo. Gotta be able to count on someone just a little more than the guys they have other than Floyd.

One other possibility is they move Brown off the PS and just have him as a big edge on first downs. Take some wear and tear off the smaller and more injury prone guys.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Very well. Fuck Aldon Smith up the ass with a spike-studded lunchbox that's drenched in the sauce of a thousand Carolina reapers.

Is that grammatically-correct enough? ;)

Much better. Your high school English teacher would be proud.

;)

Shuie3225

Starter
He's missed majority of his last 4 years of football. 4 of his last 5 he's missed significant time. Healthy more than he is not? What world do you live in man?

I like Lewis' talent a lot but I think it's foolish for us to think he will be healthy all year and contribute. We have seen ZERO evidence that he can actually do that, and tons of evidence of the exact opposite.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He's missed majority of his last 4 years of football. 4 of his last 5 he's missed significant time. Healthy more than he is not? What world do you live in man?

I like Lewis' talent a lot but I think it's foolish for us to think he will be healthy all year and contribute. We have seen ZERO evidence that he can actually do that, and tons of evidence of the exact opposite.

Still, you don't just dismiss a talent like Lewis, especially when you have depth. We can use Lewis until we can't, and then we have guys like Obo, Garrett & Lawler that can step in when necessary.

It's not all that different from the DeSean Jackson situation and having Atwell getting ready just in case.

I suppose there is two ways to go forward, ... use em till you lose em, or use them sparingly hoping they survive to the play-offs.

jmo.

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Jamie Collins would be the perfect signing imho. Would allow everyone to keep the same snap count until Hollins returns. Furthermore we could allow Hollins to slowly get healed

Last edited: