Rams Starting OLB Justin Hollins out 10 weeks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Good thing the Rams have depth in Oko and Lewis that have a history of staying healthy.....haha.
If we're being smart we should call Oliver Vernon and Aldon Smith. At a minimum we can incorporate them into 3rd down rush packages immediately.

Obo and Lewis cannot be relied upon to stay healthy. They just cant. OLB was already a weak position group before Hollins went down.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Vernon has nothing left if I recall his recent play and Aldon Smith has pending legal troubles resulting from an assault in Louisiana in April.

Lewis is balling out right now and don't sleep on Chris Garrett. He's gonna get home on those 3rd and longs as soon as he's given a chance now that he's back from the COVID list.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Vernon has nothing left if I recall his recent play
Vernon had 9 sacks and 1 FF last year in 14 games. So yea he has plenty left. Only 30 years old.

We should take a flier. Lewis is balling out? He played well last game but that doesn't erase the last 4 years of his football life. He cant stay healthy man. And Garrett is a 7th round rookie that shows some pass rush talent, but we need to supplement that position. We lose nothing by taking a flier on Vernon, it doesn't make sense not to try. He had an achilles injury 10 months ago so maybe is close to ready by now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So shitty to see a guy get hurt when he's hitting that window where things are coming together for him. At least this means we get him back for the playoffs though, I'll take that.

I am eager to see more of Garrett and it sure would be nice to eat some crow on Lewis, hope they're both ready to keep things rolling.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Spotrac shows the Rams with only $1.25mil in available CAP, so an outside free agent or trade at this time seems kind of unlikely unless we start restructuring some contracts.
Between Obo, Lewis & Garrett we shouldn't have too much trouble filling that hole opposite Floyd. We can also get Jonah Williams more snaps at 5T. jmo.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think obo comes back this week too. So you have lewis with obo and Garrett. Not a bad rotation. But they might add someone for depth. Don't be surprised if they make a minor move

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think obo comes back this week too. So you have lewis with obo and Garrett. Not a bad rotation. But they might add someone for depth. Don't be surprised if they make a minor move
I like Obo's game but the dude is too much like Lewis tbh. Just an injury waiting to happen. So I am hopeful but meh.

At this point I'm also hoping for a miracle with Garrett. He's got some skills never know. :laugh1:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If we're being smart we should call Oliver Vernon and Aldon Smith. At a minimum we can incorporate them into 3rd down rush packages immediately.

Obo and Lewis cannot be relied upon to stay healthy. They just cant. OLB was already a weak position group before Hollins went down.
What package of assault rifles would it take to get A. Smith to sign, asking for a friend:zany1::not:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vernon had 9 sacks and 1 FF last year in 14 games. So yea he has plenty left. Only 30 years old.

and sitting at home twiddling his thumbs.

you think 32 teams are gonna leave a player doing that if he can offer anything to their team? it's either that or he wants too much money for what he brings.

MachS

Hall of Fame
and sitting at home twiddling his thumbs.

you think 32 teams are gonna leave a player doing that if he can offer anything to their team? it's either that or he wants too much money for what he brings.

He's coming off an achilles tear last December I think. Worth kicking the tires on him if he can contribute at some point later this year. Maybe he wont play for a couple months but if we have him for late this season he'll be a difference maker. Bank on it..a contender will sign him.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The main problem with this injury is it now increases the workload and reliance on Obo and Lewis—a precarious situation indeed. How long before THEY get nicked up?

Chris Garret, cmon down! He impressed me throughout the preseason and I’m predicting a “Cinderella story, kid outta nowhere” kinda thing.

“It’s in the cup!”

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The main problem with this injury is it now increases the workload and reliance on Obo and Lewis—a precarious situation indeed. How long before THEY get nicked up?

Chris Garret, cmon down! He impressed me throughout the preseason and I’m predicting a “Cinderella story, kid outta nowhere” kinda thing.

“It’s in the cup!”
Wonder if he took the needle ? There will be one way to know when The Rams are playing in LA.
This Hollins injury is a tough blow,but the timing is good if it was going to happen.Garrett has talent but OBO is being called out.Lewis needs Reps. He will get around 30 plus snaps a game.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

“It’s in the cup!”
I'm hoping this problem turns an opportunity for Obo, Garret, and Lewis. Listed them in no particular order, we'll see who plays and who steps up. Let's see what they can do, they may surprise us.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm hoping this problem turns an opportunity for Obo, Garret, and Lewis. Listed them in no particular order, we'll see who plays and who steps up. Let's see what they can do, they may surprise us.
Gives Hollins enough time to be ready for a playoff run as well.He will be missed bog time.Was just starting to take off as a player.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I like Obo's game but the dude is too much like Lewis tbh. Just an injury waiting to happen. So I am hopeful but meh.

At this point I'm also hoping for a miracle with Garrett. He's got some skills never know. :laugh1:
Injuries are the only thing that makes Obo like Lewis. Rams'es best hope is a healthy Lewis.
That kid is a MONSTER. 'bout time the Rams'es OLB's looked good gettn off the bus.
But ya I think Snead sneaks an up-and-coming OLB off some other team's roster, for depth only.
Just say no to Aldon.