Rams Sign QB Devlin Hodges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not to some around here, it's a sign that McVay is moving on from him.
Signing Hodges is not what is driving that OS. It's all the other shit from McVay's press conferences to Silver's take. There's enough smoke there for it to be a conversation no matter how uncomfortable it might make you.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Signing Hodges is not what is driving that OS. It's all the other shit from McVay's press conferences to Silver's take. There's enough smoke there for it to be a conversation no matter how uncomfortable it might make you.
Doesn't make me uncomfortable it makes me laugh. People are welcome to talk all they want it's their right and this is a board to do that. Just as I can get as much amusement out of people speculating and coming up with some of the stupidest trade offers for starting QB's ever as I choose to.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doesn't make me uncomfortable it makes me laugh. People are welcome to talk all they want it's their right and this is a board to do that.
The way you complain about it leads me to believe otherwise my man. :beer2: :cool:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm sure that we are going to draft a third round QB and then replace Goff with him. :rolleyes:
Do you really think that players like AD and Ramsey are going to wait around and waste their careers waiting for a rookie QB to develop?

Especially a rookie that isn't a high pick?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure that we are going to draft a third round QB and then replace Goff with him. :rolleyes:
Do you really think that players like AD and Ramsey are going to wait around and waste their careers waiting for a rookie QB to develop?

Especially a rookie that isn't a high pick?
Absolutely not. I expect Goff to return with competition (someone like Minshew) and a draftee for development. Expectation will be that he will win the competition and you should also be strong as possible at backup just in case.

But at this point the Rams in this era have taught me to not rule out anything.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Doesn't make me uncomfortable it makes me laugh. People are welcome to talk all they want it's their right and this is a board to do that. Just as I can get as much amusement out of people speculating and coming up with some of the stupidest trade offers for starting QB's ever as I choose to.
Yep. And you also have the right not to call others Ideas stupid. Because if someone were
to call another's idea or post stupid, that would be a pretty shitty, disrespectful thing to
do. Don't cha think?
I guess one would probably be better inclined to look straight ahead , rather than down one's nose, as
not to bump their head and look foolish.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Absolutely not. I expect Goff to return with competition (someone like Minshew) and a draftee for development. Expectation will be that he will win the competition and you should also be strong as possible at backup just in case.

But at this point the Rams in this era have taught me to not rule out anything.

I get that but do you think that a QB like Minshew will be any better than Bortles? Or Wolford?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get that but do you think that a QB like Minshew will be any better than Bortles? Or Wolford?
Minshew is a better QB than Bortles and he's a better fit. Wolford doesn't factor in here because he's still an unproven guy since he's a dumbass who recklessly got hurt right away during his big chance.

Here's the difference though strategically in these QBs, IMO...

1. Minshew is a great cheap option to throw into competition with Goff if they keep him. Which I think will happen. With all the contract BS this just seems most likely.

2. But if they want a divorce then I think the Rams will look for higher upside for the investment. I think in that event they will pursue Darnold because he has good movement, has that upside, and they can go get him with futures picks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. And you also have the right not to call others Ideas stupid. Because if someone were
to call another's idea or post stupid, that would be a pretty shitty, disrespectful thing to
do. Don't cha think?
I guess one would probably be better inclined to look straight ahead , rather than down one's nose, as
Thinking that the signing of another undrafted qb is in some way a threat to Goff’s future, is utterly ridiculous
At best it means that they want a different qb for the practice squad. More than likely they just want another camp arm and aren’t spending any money to have Bortles around

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
He's a camp body... he'll compete with Perkins and Wolf but I doubt he makes the squad.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Thinking that the signing of another undrafted qb is in some way a threat to Goff’s future, is utterly ridiculous
At best it means that they want a different qb for the practice squad. More than likely they just want another camp arm and aren’t spending any money to have Bortles around
Has nothing to do with what's ridiculous or even football.
It's about being respectful. I never said anything about
it being a threat to Goff's future either.
There are people on this board who have opinions. Maybe they are
not as educated on the sport as others. That doesn't mean you go around
calling out their ideas as stupid or take this better than thou attitude about it.
I don't think you read what I was responding to

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has nothing to do with what's ridiculous or even football.
It's about being respectful. I never said anything about
it being a threat to Goff's future either.
There are people on this board who have opinions. Maybe they are
not as educated on the sport as others. That doesn't mean you go around
calling out their ideas as stupid or take this better than thou attitude about it.
I don't think you read what I was responding to
Well the post you quoted didn’t call anyone stupid, or any particular post stupid. So I think your reaction is disrespectful.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would not be surprised if Rams are not done acquiring QB talent.
If there is someone they really like in the draft, I can see them
making a 3rd or 4th round selection.
Maybe it wakes Goff up or maybe we find another QB, but either way
McVay is ready to move on with or without Goff and I couldn't agree more.

We should take a good, long look at Davis Mills out of Stanford. Hasn't started many games due to COVID (only 11 starts) and some early-career injuries, but he has a rifle for an arm, quick release, good ball placement (flashes of great), and ran a WCO system in college. While he's not a good runner, he has functional mobility (strong enough to break tackles in the pocket and athletic enough to keep you honest with his legs).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
do. Don't cha think?
I didn't call any person stupid sorry if you feel saying an idea is stupid is offensive. Some of the things people are suggesting happen to be truly mind boggling and that doesn't even begin to what you can read on the Rams sub on reddit.