Rams sign Leonard Floyd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Sounds like Gurley post June 1st $5.5m w/ be the draft budget money

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Man if they can enter this season w/ Ramsey locked into a long term deal that would be amazing

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
But wait.. isn't this just another step in the conspiracy by the Rams to negate the deals by failing them on the physicals??
It is, but it's the sneakiest one of all. It's where the Rams don't fail then on physicals at all, which PROVES that they wanted to originally. Then when the players are not producing well and the guaranteed money is up, they'll cut them. That's how you'll know the Rams were going to cut them...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If you are correct, how do you rate the available Running Backs and which one would you like to see the Rams draft?

Johnathon Taylor would be a dream of my thoughts way back.

this kid from Ohio St.

Dillion from BC no matter what within the 3rd rd. Short yardage old school football. Ground and pound short yardage & close the games.
Fisher loved that & I still like having
those tough yards through depth & formations. Remember when Washington did it to The Rams. Trent Williams & a rookie RB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I cannot stand that site. Their spin on everything is pretty sickening to me but linking the article was easier than linking the over the cap page and writing out my own explination.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not crazy about the dead money next year at 3.3 million, but the Rams had to get the guy signed.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What would be the purpose of dead money for cap purposes? I thought it was like a "buy now and pay later" thing.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah but that's 3.3 million the Rams won't be able to spend next year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but that's 3.3 million the Rams won't be able to spend next year.
Small fries, it happens every year tbh. And they should be fine next year but the decision to get rid of Cooks and Gurley affected this years cap so signing Floyd required things like this. Whitworth could be the same but for 2022.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I've watched a few of his games on NFL game pass and I'm at a lost as to how Floyd got so much money from the Rams. There just couldn't have been another team willing to pay him even close to what he received, IMO.

Memphis Ram

Legend

I can go with them trying to trade him, but from what I read they were simply looking to move on from him. And they did that quickly with the huge deal they gave to Robert Quinn.

Either way, I question the Rams giving him that much money even if it's just for one year. I have my doubts that anyone was offering him anything close. Panic buying at it's worse, IMO.