Rams sign Leonard Floyd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
FIRST OFF -THIS NOT APRIL FOOLS so

THIS REPOST SUCKS!

I waited & think I went off on all The NEGATIVITY. Using sarcasm saying to get rid of everybody because of salary cap concerns.

The Rams answered all my concerns.
Robinson I thought was going to be a
Better Player up front.

Floyd will get The Rams a Comp Pick back so who knows what happens now?

I’ve been disappointed in
-Josh Reynolds the most.

The Rams signed Copper Kupp before 2020 season?

Did draft Aykers 2020 & looks like #1 draft pick value. —Drafting on potential & youth? Not 5th year option & is only 21. It takes more physically on young players.

Jefferson got that 1st season in as well.

Ebukham was a disappointment. Thought comp pick?

Everett a lot less,but a little of the same.Cap cost now? Excellent player but at what cost & might not get a real big contract than if he put up better numbers.Improved his blocking very much.

Troy Hill for all that wanted to just Cut him for salary cap reasons. I can tell you what you can do!! Will just say The Rams were lucky he put up those 18 points when he did.

Gurley- went on record & got blast.Wanted to trade to Miami for a little cap relief instead of straight release.

Oh Yeah about the QB issue? Wolford was the right call,especially in hindsight with Covid.

Noteboom to me was a big big surprise from his injury.Thought it was coach talk that he would be healthy starting the season.Now does he get benched? I say Corbett is odd man out.

Notebook is terrible at guard and when Whit was in there we ran the ball way better. Besides the Pat's game our run game has been non existent

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Notebook is terrible at guard and when Whit was in there we ran the ball way better. Besides the Pat's game our run game has been non existent

They had the 10th most rushing yards, and 11th in total rush TDs. That's without an elite RB or a running QB. 473 rush attempts (including QB scrambles) vs 590 pass attempts, A little more pass heavy, which is expected in 2020.

And I really don't like average/game stats, but if you break it down they were also 10th in rush yards/game.

So non-existent? Nah. Inefficient? At times, sure. Doesn't that happen to every team that doesn't have Derrick Henry? The team still had great production from the running game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Will see what happens? I personally believe the Doubters on Noteboom are wrong & if Whitworth comes back in 2021 Joe will be a starter at guard.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Will see what happens? I personally believe the Doubters on Noteboom are wrong & if Whitworth comes back in 2021 Joe will be a starter at guard.
Sorry .....Don't see Noteboom legitimately winning an OG post in Training Camp over David Edwards or even the trending downward performing Corbett.

I also question that he could beat out a 2nd season Ol'er like Anchrum or Brewer @ OG. Noteboom is nothing more than an average pass blocking pure one post LT at this point with below-average skills at run blocking.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This thread has gotten me the last couple of days when I log this site. I keep getting that quick instant of hope that we signed the dude thanks fuckers. :ROFLMAO:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This thread has gotten me the last couple of days when I log this site. I keep getting that quick instant of hope that we signed the dude thanks fuckers. :ROFLMAO:
I thought the same thing.....:( I do know this if I could only sign one Ram UFA in 2021 it would be OLB'er Leonard Floyd. Do I believe this is even possible? .......Sadly I do not. It's a crying :cry:shame!

Next seasons probable starting OLB'ers Og Okoronkwo nor Justin Hollins is close to Floyds's impact while on the field. OLB'ers Terrell Lewis & Justin Lawler have serious injury histories. Not sure where OLB'er Natrez Patrick is as a possible top reliever?

This OLB/ER position will need an injection of talent in 2021. I have no idea where that will come from.

oldnotdead

Legend
I personally have had no doubts about Floyd since he was signed. I predicted he would outplay Fowler and he has. There is no question he will be extended.

IMO if Whitworth returns this year, Noteboom will go back to being a swing OT. If Andrew returns for his last year next season, something I'm still not convinced will happen, then I would expect Noteboom to start at RT over Havenstein for one year before moving back to LT. Noteboom has played well at LT and is improving. You can't ask for more.

Edwards is overrated at LG by people on this board. He still struggles playing with leverage because of his height. Next year could very well see LT Noteboom and RT Edwards. Corbett would return to LG with Evans probably taking over at RG. Anchrum is a Center not an OT. Sheldon is a much better center than Blythe. Austin still shows how much he struggles against strength and quickness.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sorry .....Don't see Noteboom legitimately winning an OG post in Training Camp over David Edwards or even the trending downward performing Corbett.

I also question that he could beat out a 2nd season Ol'er like Anchrum or Brewer @ OG. Noteboom is nothing more than an average pass blocking pure one post LT at this point with below-average skills at run blocking.

-Appreciate & respect your evaluation
very much. I tend to disagree,but don’t give yourself an out.We Will see how things playout,but to have Noteboom starting & playing well at this point or any other point is what I perceive.

The most likely thing to happen is Whitworth retires? You at some point I believe never thought he would still be playing at this high of a level.Though Insee him standing next to Jared Goff on the sideline & both are very much into the game & wanting to be out there.
I go back to training camp & never thinking Austin Blythe would be The Rams starting RG & helping to a SuperBowl.Noteboom was a rookie & was the backup LT.He had a hard time moving to the Right Side? He also was not good with the Snap Count.J.Demby was not going to cut it & Allen was to small(weak).
We all have our opinions I just tend to favor Joe Noteboom & think how he is playing now than at any time in his NFL career that he is a STARTING OLman.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Anchrum did get in a couple plays & that was I believe because Bobby Evans was on the Covid List.

Brewer is a guy I have hope for in the future.I know you really liked him last season & if he is doing the right thing taking care of his health & body this season it is a good thing.Gives The Rams another option year?

Coleman Shelton is another guy The Rams have had on there roster.I think Offensive Lineman take the most time to develop because of strength & becoming men. Being in the trenches to me is not a KIDS GAME!

Adding Floyd has shown what being in The NFL is about.He was touted as a BUST in CHI-Town.He comes to The Rams & is playing at a Very High Level.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I thought the same thing.....:( I do know this if I could only sign one Ram UFA in 2021 it would be OLB'er Leonard Floyd. Do I believe this is even possible? .......Sadly I do not. It's a crying :cry:shame!

Next seasons probable starting OLB'ers Og Okoronkwo nor Justin Hollins is close to Floyds's impact while on the field. OLB'ers Terrell Lewis & Justin Lawler have serious injury histories. Not sure where OLB'er Natrez Patrick is as a possible top reliever?

This OLB/ER position will need an injection of talent in 2021. I have no idea where that will come from.

Definitely hope the Rams can re-sign him to a multi- year contract! Hopefully, Snead can work some more of his magic this off-season!!!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I have enjoyed watching Floyd. Glad we signed him. But his performance just solidifies the fact Aaron Donald makes everyone around him better.

Dante Fowler....
39 games in Jacksonville; 14 sacks
24 games along side AD; 13.5 sacks
14 games in Atlanta; 3 sacks

Leonard Floyd.....
54 games in Chicago; 16.5 sacks (and 30 of them opposite Khalil Mack)
16 games along side AD; 10.5 sacks

I'm not sure I want to pony up a lot of jack for Floyd. But who knows?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
-Appreciate & respect your evaluation
very much. I tend to disagree,but don’t give yourself an out.We Will see how things playout,but to have Noteboom starting & playing well at this point or any other point is what I perceive.

The most likely thing to happen is Whitworth retires? You at some point I believe never thought he would still be playing at this high of a level.Though Insee him standing next to Jared Goff on the sideline & both are very much into the game & wanting to be out there.
I go back to training camp & never thinking Austin Blythe would be The Rams starting RG & helping to a SuperBowl.Noteboom was a rookie & was the backup LT.He had a hard time moving to the Right Side? He also was not good with the Snap Count.J.Demby was not going to cut it & Allen was to small(weak).
We all have our opinions I just tend to favor Joe Noteboom & think how he is playing now than at any time in his NFL career that he is a STARTING OLman.
This current Ram Ol is not a good performing OL. The Rams will not win a championship with this OL group.

I was very positive on Noteboom as our future LT too.....now I have different thoughts after seeing his 10 game 2020 performances.

On LT Andrew Whitworth, he only finished 8 gms @ his age so his 2020 season was far from being a success.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Leonard Floyd gets contract incentive with Los Angeles Rams
ByJAYLON THOMPSON

Leonard Floyd gets contract incentive with Los Angeles Rams (247sports.com)

Leonard Floyd joined the Los Angeles Rams looking to rejuvenate his NFL career after a disappointing run with the Chicago Bears. The Bears released Floyd this offseason after selecting him ninth in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Floyd landed with the Rams on a one-year deal worth $10 million in March. The move was beneficial to both sides as the Rams made the playoffs this season. Floyd also turned in his best season with 55 tackles, 19 quarterback hits and a career-high 10.5 sacks.

According to ESPN insider Adam Schefter, the strong season came with additional benefits. Due to Floyd eclipsing 10 sacks, he was given a $1.25 million contract incentive. His good work will continue as the Rams face the Seattle Seahawks in the NFL Wild Card Round on Saturday.

“Basically, I've been taking all of my incentives one incentive at a time, and today I finished off my last one,” Floyd said after Sunday’s game.

Earlier this season, Floyd mentioned that he looked forward to reuniting with Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley. The duo worked together as Staley was the Bears outside linebackers coach from 2017-2018.

This season, the chemistry remained strong. Staley played a big role in helping Floyd prepare for the season and it showed across 16 games.

“He's a guy who's very intelligent,” Floyd said this offseason. “He works hard, he really studies the game and I know we're going to be prepared for every game, because he'll have us ready.”

Floyd set career milestones in his first season with the Rams. He was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week in Week 10 for his performance against the Seahawks. He had three sacks and five quarterback hits in the regular-season matchup.

While some evaluators questioned giving $10 million to Floyd in the offseason, he has quieted those doubts with his on-field play. Rams head coach Sean McVay hopes to re-sign Floyd in free agency after he put together a solid campaign.

Staley agrees. He said that Floyd is playing at an elite level and is really thriving in the defense that also features Aaron Donald among others.

“This guy is a Pro-Bowl-caliber player in every way,” Staley told local reporters via the Orange County Register. “He’s having as complete a season as any edge player in the NFL. That’s every edge player.”

The Rams will look to knock off the Seahawks and advance in the NFL playoffs. Both teams are familiar with each other as this will be the third matchup this season. Floyd will be tasked with corralling Russell Wilson in a tough road environment.

McVay believes his team will be ready for the challenge. Floyd will be ready as well as he thanked his teammates for having faith in him along the way.

“Just a shout out to my teammates and the coaching staff for believing in me and helping me along the way,” Floyd said.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Floyd has been awesome. Yeah, AD helps... but he fits this D perfectly.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I have enjoyed watching Floyd. Glad we signed him. But his performance just solidifies the fact Aaron Donald makes everyone around him better.

Dante Fowler....
39 games in Jacksonville; 14 sacks
24 games along side AD; 13.5 sacks
14 games in Atlanta; 3 sacks

Leonard Floyd.....
54 games in Chicago; 16.5 sacks (and 30 of them opposite Khalil Mack)
16 games along side AD; 10.5 sacks

I'm not sure I want to pony up a lot of jack for Floyd. But who knows?
I hope we keep Floyd. He’s by far our best run defender and a big reason we are a top 5 run defense.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin

I respectfully disagree. Noteboom is a terrible guard. Only way he starts next year is if Whitworth retires, I think. I think Boom played better at Tackle than I expected. I like our Guard situation.