Rams sign Kamren Curl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Smart player not afraid to lower the shoulder. Love the signing.

Snead and McVay obviously emphasizing more grit and toughness across the roster.

With SF, Detroit, Philly - being physically tough is a requirement to be top dog in the NFC.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Multiple guys who can play similar spots, Lake, Curl... I think we're gonna see an uptick in late coverage rotation and disguises.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Commodes fans seem to like him and think he was underpaid.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2024/3/15...l-signs-2-year-deal-with-the-los-angeles-rams

Last edited:

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Was rated #4 out of 99 safeties for least missed tackles
Depends on source. PFR has him pretty low, PFF higher and SIS kind of in between ... different eyes see different total of missed tackles...

the age of information, I guess ... who do you trust the most?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Was rated #4 out of 99 safeties for least missed tackles
Sounds like tackling in space was a priority there doesn't it. Excellent.

Guessing it will be as well for whoever they take at corner or safety in the draft.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Will be interesting if Rams make changes to how the play safeties ... Washington did it differently. I'd expect him to take Fuller's place ... but exactly how remains to be seen.

When the were in 3rd and long Curl played middle linebacker ... two years ago he was the "Star"

very versatile football player --- S, LB, slot ... fits the physical profile for Rams and played a role kind of what John Johnson III was in 2020,

WestCoastRam

Legend
Will be interesting if Rams make changes to how the play safeties ... Washington did it differently. I'd expect him to take Fuller's place ... but exactly how remains to be seen.

When the were in 3rd and long Curl played middle linebacker ... two years ago he was the "Star"

very versatile football player --- S, LB, slot ... fits the physical profile for Rams and played a role kind of what John Johnson III was in 2020,
Jim, if everything remains the same as it is now. Who do you think takes the other starting spot at safety? Does Lake move back or stay in the Star role. Will everyone be somewhat interchangeable?

TexasRam

Legend
At the end of the day you need players that can tackle Dumbo and McCaffrey.

In fact every addition should pass the test of “Can they help us beat the Niners?”.

This dude shows burst and tackling ability.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Love this signing.

Couple of things now evident from this FA period for me;

1) the decision of not going for a big splash (i.e. Burns or Danielle Hunter) allows you to fill out the roster with multiple "mid tier" guys at reasonable price points. Would you want x1 Hunter or x1 Curl/Jackson/Williams/Parkinson?

2) they've targeted ascending players and they've targeted grit. Clear strategy here

3) covering off the needs of iOL, S, CB somewhat and TE gives them even more flexibility at 19. Dare I say enough flexibility to go up and get someone if they want to?

Tldr - love this shit.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I wonder why you sign a young talent like him with only a 2 year deal?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I wonder why you sign a young talent like him with only a 2 year deal?
I'm guessing the short duration and the low AAV go hand-in-hand.

Rams insisted on signing him at a low cap number.

Curl insisted on a short deal because he knows his value will explode after playing for a contending team.

Playing on a shit Commodes team reduced Curl's leverage. Hence, the two sides compromised on a short 2 year deal at a bargain price. Rams get a solid vet safety for two Super Bowl runs, then Curl can look to get a huge payday in 2026.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Wow this is awesome. I expected him to get more but the safety market is really down. Im hoping he could be an elite safety for the Rams for the next 6-8 years.