Rams sign Bobby Wagner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I remember arguing with a few of the compulsive posters here, on the old defunct St. Louis board, why Wagner was a brilliant prospect (that everyone before the benefit of hindsight pegged as a 3rd rounder). I argued that we should run to the podium to draft him in the 2nd. It turned out he was even better than I thought! Him and Jones together? Look out, “Timber”

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Welcome to the Rams Mr. Wagner. Looking forward to you and Jones cleaning up back there. :trophy:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I knew it all along.
Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
At this point the Seahawks hate for the Rams must be at the level we hate the whiners. :laugh4:

Guessing @Loyal gets banned over there now.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Dear Twitter Photoshoppers:

Number 54 is already taken.

Sincerely,

Leonard Floyd

P.S. So's his college number (9). Sincerely, Matthew Stafford

No. 4, maybe? 44? 59?
Numbers for new players are always intriguing to me.

Since he had 9 in college, and 54 might've added to 9 by his probable reasoning, he may go 45, Obo's old number.

Or like you said 59. He'd also look cool in a 44.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I have to chuckle at the myopic he is only a 2 down backer takes. When you affect a game the way he can it makes 3rd downs a whole new ball game with the way we can get at the QB. If it is short-yardage he isn't leaving the field. I will take those 3rd and longs all day

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Of all the AFC playoff teams the one that I feared the most for a matchup problem for the Rams was the Titans. I didn’t like the run defense against King Henry. I felt that was the Rams biggest weakness, especially after dropping 7 in a row to the Niners.

I’d still would have preferred an edge/corner combo but this move should help shore up the run defense.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I wonder if on passing downs, they will move him more to the OLB position, and have him just rush the QB? I know he's not as big as some DE's, but he could sure run around an OT.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I hope he realizes like Miller did that this is AD's defense.
I give all the credit to AD on how he handles these personalities.

No player in the NFL is unaware of AD and who is the leader of that squad. People want to play with AD.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Wagner will be handed the green dot. He'll be a captain along with Donald and Ramsey. I'm sure the owners talked to him re: Donald's leadership, etc. and Wags knows this and is a team player. He'll bring some more meanness to the D for sure.

Donald did great as a vocal leader, he may hand the reigns over to Bobby for that unless his input is also needed.

Of course he's not the player he was 10 years ago, big duh. But then many of us heard Von wasn't the same either, which was also a big duh, but then his half-season and playoffs speak for themselves.

He'll be an every down. Rams will sub in Howard at times. He'll get his vet rest days in practice. It's all good!!!! :helmet: