Rams sign Bobby Wagner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dear Twitter Photoshoppers:

Number 54 is already taken.

Sincerely,

Leonard Floyd

P.S. So's his college number (9). Sincerely, Matthew Stafford

No. 4, maybe? 44? 59?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Too much money and term IMO based on Wagner's age and what I saw from him when we played Seattle. But as I said in another thread, if the Rams think Wagner is worth it, I will defer to them fully. This head office almost never misses on its UFA and trade acquisitions. It is pretty surreal. Von and OBJ were questionable pick-ups at the time too. They both worked out amazingly well. There is no way the Rams win the Super Bowl without those two IMO.

In the short term, Wagner is doubtlessly a big upgrade at a position of weakness on the defense, regardless of what you think of the contract.

If the Rams get another quality CB, I actually like the defence better this year than last. It will be much more well rounded. Its pass rush even pre-Miller was very good. But if we can eliminate the LB and CB holes... look out. We would all want our pass rush going from "good" or "great" to "other worldly" like Miller made it. But with the A-list pass rushers gone, it seems the Rams have understandably chosen to pivot.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna take another ring to get that Seahawk stank off him …. Like I legit mean it that’s literally how much I hate those lime green puke bastards

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we can officially say goodbye to Taylor Rapp ...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Happy Dance GIF by U.S. Soccer Federation

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yup Rapp could be a decent trade chip for a salary dump edge or corner. I know some of us don't value him but he is a good player just hast to be deployed correctly.

Perhaps the Vikings can use a safety and a pick for hunter lol? (Can't let hunter go sorry)

Maybe the dolphins Rapp and a pick for Howard???

Rapp for Bradbury???

Redo coop and AD and if they can pull a corner and a Clowney or some other edge they target this off-season would be amazing.

Bring back Obj next please!!!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope he can play Edge.
You do get that 46 of the 103 regular season sacks from the past two seasons were produced by two players (Donald, Floyd) who are still on the team, right?

Wagner will help improve the run defense, which will set up more 2nd/3rd and long situations, which will...

Oh, never mind.

If you can't get happy about signing a future HOF coming off a Pro Bowl season (regardless of position), I don't know what to tell you.