Rams should pursue Mekhi Becton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Corbett was healthy. I really think you're downplaying how little Becton's played due to injury.
Nothing to do with my point my pov is Cleveland hates him and we saw something in him I am comparing that point with Becton not health status.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Nothing to do with my point my pov is Cleveland hates him and we saw something in him I am comparing that point with Becton not health status.
Hates a pretty strong term too. Perhaps you're using evocative language that isn't quite accurate to try to push your argument over the finish line?

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Clearly but my point is about injuries not talent. If you take a chance on OBJ I am sure you would on Becton who is almost 7 years younger.

Did I ever say that I would take a chance on OBJ this year? I'm glad you're excited by this idea but I think the value proposition is pretty poor compared to using the resources elsewhere.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Did I ever say that I would take a chance on OBJ this year? I'm glad you're excited by this idea but I think the value proposition is pretty poor compared to using the resources elsewhere.
Just to keep staying in this Dream Fantasy Land.

What would The Rams have to give up to get this LT?

Then who gets cut from The Rams? Then just to add The Rams probably already have the most depth Upfront under Sean Mcvay.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I’m confident in stating this coaching staff is in the market for a LT. Firstly it looks like they are committed to thoroughly evaluating the talent that’s currently on the roster. This gives Note one more chance to impress and an opportunity for AJax to take a huge step up and in. Anything short of stellar LT play this year will start the process of evaluating their options for LT next year.
Next year? I thought we were talking about this year. In that case I'm confident this staff is in the market for everything...QB, DT, WR, RB....

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not saying they will sign anyone, just saying I understand the logic behind why it'd make sense if we considered Becton. Could be something to watch as the season progresses or nothing at all.
If your thinking could be something,then your trust in Matthew Stafford & The Rams offense is in real
dOUBT?
If EVER The Rams offense is ready to roll its NOW!! Tell me your thoughts on The Rams 2 Rookie Offensive Lineman & there New O’Line coach?
—If you liked Creed Humpries then Steve Avila should be a player you like.
—I’m still a Joesph Noteboom Fan though!! Hard to make a general opinion on his HEALTH right NOW & even his future.
I do know his Character & The Trust The Rams gave in him though.Hard to think they are going to pass up on him & bring in another High Priced lineman with all The YOUNG TALENT this Rams O’Line has right NOW!!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
What's really baffling  is Noteboom's problem is availability. But a wise suggestion is obtain a guy who's been less available? By far!!! Where the logic in that?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chargers picked up Herbert's 5th year option back in April and will likely have him signed to a long term extension before the '23 season starts

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't know that Brown, the Jets other LT had shoulder surgery, he might not be ready for TC. There is no way in my opinion that the Jets would trade Becton.
He's 38, coming off rotator cuff surgery. He's "hesitant" about play RT, but that's where he'll be. Funny though, nobody calling him a malcontent. This thread is so silly, filled with so much fake news

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
He's 38, coming off rotator cuff surgery. He's "hesitant" about play RT, but that's where he'll be. Funny though, nobody calling him a malcontent. This thread is so silly, filled with so much fake news
I agree with you after reading more on the Jets. I just think there is 0% chance they trade or release Becton

dang

Legend
Next year? I thought we were talking about this year. In that case I'm confident this staff is in the market for everything...QB, DT, WR, RB....
I thought this forum had already recognized that 2023 was a year of flooding the Rams roster with young prospects. Allowing the Rams to assess who was worth keeping, who adds depth and who needs to be replaced - With 2024 being the target year for playoff level success. That means the assessment has started with possible changes throughout the year (picking up cuts, possibly trading before deadline, etc). But another major infusion of talent thru FA/Draft/Trade before the start of next season.

nighttrain

Legend
I thought this forum had already recognized that 2023 was a year of flooding the Rams roster with young prospects. Allowing the Rams to assess who was worth keeping, who adds depth and who needs to be replaced - With 2024 being the target year for playoff level success. That means the assessment has started with possible changes throughout the year (picking up cuts, possibly trading before deadline, etc). But another major infusion of talent thru FA/Draft/Trade before the start of next season.
Very true, but we fans can all hope, mayhaps lay luck smiles on us
train

WestCoastRam

Legend

So we'll use this season to see if Boom can finally stay healthy or if Jackson can take the LT spot and run with it? Seems like bringing someone in would impede that.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
My bad. I must have misunderstood. I thought the "go get Becton" was go get Becton NOW. Not 2024. Hell, of course with more cap space, very little dead money and a year to see who sticks, we'll see some free agent acquisitions NEXT YEAR.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My bad. I must have misunderstood. I thought the "go get Becton" was go get Becton NOW
Me too.
After 2023 is really unlikely, as he'll play LT and the Jets will have to franchise tag him
Or he gets hurt again and then he cant be touched with a 10 foot pole
I dont see anything in between

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Hates a pretty strong term too. Perhaps you're using evocative language that isn't quite accurate to try to push your argument over the finish line?
My words not theirs, but reference by beat writers in Cleveland saying borderline unplayable. Complete draft mistake etc. So to me that equals hate.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
What's really baffling  is Noteboom's problem is availability. But a wise suggestion is obtain a guy who's been less available? By far!!! Where the logic in that?
He was available last year until he got hurt and when he played he was not good giving up a sack a game on average and giving up over 3 pressures on average per game.

Yes injuries are a factor for sure.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
As a quick update to the thread. Duane Brown the current incombant LT has had shoulder surgery and may not be ready to start the season so by default Becton may win the job because his injury status is he will be ready to start the season.

Still I want to be clear BOTH Becton and Brown only want to play LT. Becton tried RT last year and based on his experience says he doesn't want to do it anymore

dang

Legend
So Becton won’t happen for any number of reasons but my point is unless Noteboom pulls a rabbit out of his ass and shows he is a reliable dominating LT in 2023 or AJax takes 3 steps forward and does the same - the Rams will be in the market for a LT for 2024. And I wouldn’t rule out a trade before the deadline in 2023 is out of the question as I don’t think any FA LTs will fill the bill.