Rams should pursue Mekhi Becton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
My words not theirs, but reference by beat writers in Cleveland saying borderline unplayable. Complete draft mistake etc. So to me that equals hate.

That still seems pretty aggressive, but hey, I don't know how Cleveland rolls. Do you have a link to these barbarians?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I've mentioned it before while back od take Becton in a heartbeat. Yes both he and Boom hurt always but he looks to be on way better shape wants LT money and when both were healthy watching them play it's night and day in my opinion.

nighttrain

Legend
I've mentioned it before while back od take Becton in a heartbeat. Yes both he and Boom hurt always but he looks to be on way better shape wants LT money and when both were healthy watching them play it's night and day in my opinion.
if he can pass a intensive physical, maybe, but it would be wise to see how Alaric Jackson plays, team player, and already on the roster
train

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He was available last year until he got hurt and when he played he was not good giving up a sack a game on average and giving up over 3 pressures on average per game.

Yes injuries are a factor for sure.
Becton or Noteboom?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
if he can pass a intensive physical, maybe, but it would be wise to see how Alaric Jackson plays, team player, and already on the roster
train

Sure I'm all for it but from our experience we know you can never have to many o-linemen and with boom and Jackson's being interchangeable at guard as well. I get it though but I like having extra hogs

nighttrain

Legend
Sure I'm all for it but from our experience we know you can never have to many o-linemen and with boom and Jackson's being interchangeable at guard as well. I get it though but I like having extra hogs
except for one issue. Becton has stated he wont play anywhere but Left Tackle, what if Jackson outplays him? Just me maybe, but I really dont like that attitude.
train

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
except for one issue. Becton has stated he wont play anywhere but Left Tackle, what if Jackson outplays him? Just me maybe, but I really dont like that attitude.
train
Yea no I know that while I love AJ I believe Becton has the higher upside but AJ can play guard as can Boom so still would be nice to have that continuity to slide one on should the oft injured Becton get hurt ....for cheap I'm all for it.

nighttrain

Legend
Yea no I know that while I love AJ I believe Becton has the higher upside but AJ can play guard as can Boom so still would be nice to have that continuity to slide one on should the oft injured Becton get hurt ....for cheap I'm all for it.
First round pick will not be cheap.
train

PARAM

Hall of Fame
train
What are the percentages that happens? Must be extremely high. Ram fans have seen Alaric Jackson play 3 games in 2 years at LT and some are 100% sure he's the LT of our future. That kind of endorsement is very convincing.

nighttrain

Legend
What are the percentages that happens? Must be extremely high. Ram fans have seen Alaric Jackson play 3 games in 2 years at LT and some are 100% sure he's the LT of our future. That kind of endorsement is very convincing.
what?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Who's 100% sure? That's nuts. Word is Rams staff really like him. So maybe there's a 40% chance he's our LT of the future given the sample size of play we have and other variables.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
First round pick will not be cheap.
train
I get all that but as I said depends on the price and then on performance if he were to shine then that's a problem worth having with next year's cap space.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Thanks for sharing, doesn't seem that hyperbolic to say this writer hated him. Glad he worked out, shame we paid a 5th for him though.

Sounds like he was worth a conditional pick in another year at best!
Worst draft pick 8n 20 years there are tons of other articles about Corbett

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Exactly I love how so many say Jackson is the answer. Hilarious - he could but at this juncture no one knows. If you want to risk Stafford's health vs a more sure thing for the blindside

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Exactly I love how so many say Jackson is the answer. Hilarious - he could but at this juncture no one knows. If you want to risk Stafford's health vs a more sure thing for the blindside
A sure thing like Becton right? When you have Noteboom and AJ already on the roster? Bring in a "more sure thing" who's played 1 game in 2 years......which makes Noteboom seem like an iron man!!

Who's 100% sure? That's nuts. Word is Rams staff really like him. So maybe there's a 40% chance he's our LT of the future given the sample size of play we have and other variables.
I agree. It's nuts. 3 games at LT in 2 years. Sure "we've heard" some of the staff like AJ. But is that:

'We like him as our starting LT'?
'We like him as an option should Noteboom not recover'?
'We like him as a backup LT'?

It's a fairly long trip from their lips to our ears. And not directly.

FWIW, I don't care who the LT is as long as he's good and can protect 9's blindside. And as the staff behaved in 2021 with the C position, I think they think he's already in the building.

nighttrain

Legend
I get all that but as I said depends on the price and then on performance if he were to shine then that's a problem worth having with next year's cap space.
i was talking about what we'd have to give for him. Not so much about money
train