Rams select Davis Allen (TE) with the 175th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah if this guy is a top teacher we're gonna feel it with this group. Which would be fantastic. And if so then McVay might need to throw that OC job at him to keep him around.

Of course if the offense has a good year then Mike LaFleur will be getting job looks per usual so that might sort itself.

WestCoastRam

Legend
That’s the first thing I thought of when McVay mentioned Caley in his presser. Both Higbee and Hopkins looked great from what I saw in Irvine and now Davis Allen shows out in his first game action. Could be just a coincidence but maybe we’ve got something with this new coach.

What's interesting is that he really didn't develop any TE's in NE but what was really interesting was how Nate Tice talked about McVay saying how bringing someone over from NE who knew what it meant to continually start over, make every season new, find a way to grind like it was the first season together was something he sought out.

jjab360

Legend
I love the way he just suctions in every ball that comes his direction, I think he could make a career out of that alone. If he can start to stay on his feet and muscle his way through some tackles however that's when it starts getting scary going up against the elite tight ends, they all have that trait in common.

WestCoastRam

Legend
From 11 Personnel:

Rams really already impressed with Allen already with the limited practice and preseason he has. Def #3 tight end and only because Hopkins had such a good camp.

Don't think it's a LONG shot that Long is not on the 53 come cut down (IR, cut and practice squad, etc...)