Rams select Davis Allen (TE) with the 175th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Interesting tight end/H-back with definite production. Definite redzone threat. Decent pick.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I entered this draft hoping for an elite TE prospect. Leaving the draft with a TE who has two last names.

Ah well fuck it. Welcome to the Rams you big athletic sumbish! :beer2::part::party2:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This looks like a solid pick. He reminds me of Johnny Mundt. Mostly a physical blocker with the ability to make an appointment occasional catch.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I entered this draft hoping for an elite TE prospect. Leaving the draft with a TE who has two last names.

Ah well fuck it. Welcome to the Rams you big athletic sumbish! :beer2::part::party2:
You could reverse them Allen Davis sounds right.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like this pick a lot. Proficient run blocker first.
I'd still grab Kuntz if he's there at Mr Irrelevant

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This looks like a solid pick. He reminds me of Johnny Mundt. Mostly a physical blocker with the ability to make an appointment occasional catch.
From what I have read, he's not a run-blocker but more of an H-Back, Red-Zone-target.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
From what I have read, he's not a run-blocker but more of an H-Back, Red-Zone-target.
I guess that makes sense. McVay loves the blockers he can line up all over the formation and periodically spring loose for a reception.

Psycho_X

Legend
Fits a need we really didn’t even have last season. So I like it. Great value there for dirty work.

oldnotdead

Legend
Well they have their blocking TE who can also catch.....i.e. Mundt with hands. Looks like a good role player which is what you get at this point in the draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like this draft but this may be one of my favorite picks. Would like to add the ND St TE too in UDFA if he isn't gone, haven't looked yet.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Like throwing into a pillow :D

That was McVay's comment today after the draft haha
At first glance this guy looks like the polar opposite of Jacob Harris.

Harris had off the charts measurables-- speed, leaping ability-- and hands of stone. Man I thought Harris' hands were bad. Looked like he was "fighting" the ball to reel it in, and often had a bobble or two. Looked like what he was-- a soccer player converting to football.

By contrast, when Allen catches the ball he looks so smooth and effortless. Nice body control too. But it sounds like his measurables are only ordinary.

IMO the ability to catch is a horribly undervalued metric with receivers. (Case in point: Tavon Austin).

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At first glance this guy looks like the polar opposite of Jacob Harris.

Harris had off the charts measurables-- speed, leaping ability-- and hands of stone. Man I thought Harris' hands were bad. Looked like he was "fighting" the ball to reel it in, and often had a bobble or two. Looked like what he was-- a soccer player converting to football.

By contrast, when Allen catches the ball he looks so smooth and effortless. Nice body control too. But it sounds like his measurables are only ordinary.

IMO the ability to catch is a horribly undervalued metric with receivers. (Case in point: Tavon Austin).

yeah, harris looked fantastic against air but when preseason started he looked like he would never catch a ball. ever.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Davis Allen may be the silkiest TE I’ve seen in a really long time. He’s so smooth, his speed and change of direction are very underrated

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You faint praisin bastid!