Rams Select Braden Fiske, DL at #39 Overall.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah -- can you believe THAT team fleeced Snead? ;)
Just out of curiosity, serious question.
What trade would have made sense to you as a fair exchange?

Rams moved-up 13 spots (from 52-to-39).
They had picks at #83, #99, #154 and #155; and their 2025 draft picks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Best part of this pissing and moaning tirade is he high fived me clowning on him for his rant :D

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Best part of this pissing and moaning tirade is he high fived me clowning on him for his rant :D
I really am curious what @JYB thinks would have made sense.

Right before the Rams/Panthers trade, Atlanta moved-up in a deal with Arizona.

Atlanta moved-up 8 spots (43-to-35) and gave-up pick #79. Falcons also got-back a 6th rounder.

So the Rams' pick at #83 would NOT have been enough to move-up 13 spots (52-to-39).

JYB

Starter
Clearly we need a new GM our Super Bowl winner isn't good enough. Maybe we should hire somebody from the Panthers who have never won shit and are the worst team in the league :D Oh or maybe a couple fans can do a better job!
You win Straw Man post of the week.

Congrats!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Atlanta moved-up 8 spots (43-to-35) and gave-up pick #79. Falcons also got-back a 6th rounder.

So the Rams' pick at #83 would NOT have been enough to move-up 13 spots (52-to-39).
Honestly I'm beyond caring. We've added 4 very good players at 4 positions of need and they're all 4 good people that have the Dog mentality that the Rams have prized for years.

We added a RB who runs just like our current RB1 to take advantage of our new and improved OL and people don't like it.

We added a DT who can step in day 1 and start and people are worried about how others value future draft picks instead of how the team values this pick. It's been said that the Rams had him rated high enough that they would have taken him at the end of the first if they traded back.

We added a pass rusher Edge who was one of the top 3 players at that position depending on which pundit you like and he will also step in day 1 and be good.

We've in the space of a couple of months upgraded our secondary vastly with White, Williams and Kurl then we added a guy who was thought to be a 1st round pick earlier in the process at the tail end of the 3rd round.

All this and all people can do is piss and moan. I'm over it and ready to enjoy day 3. In fact about to leave in a few minutes to take my dad and brother to breakfast and spend the first couple hours of day 3 in a sports bar having breakfast and a pot of coffee enjoying better company than people who can't enjoy our Super Bowl winning McSnead build another champion. No time for cry babies today gonna live the best life on a beautiful morning!

Memphis Ram

Legend
@JYB
Upon further research, Jason OTC, is using a trade chart he created. Not sure NFL teams use his chart.

For each trade I am evaluating the trade using the Fitzgerald-Spielberger draft chart. The chart which Brad and I created is based on past results of NFL drafts. These values are not going to be indicative of typical trade markets in the NFL but they do provide you the expected returns on each trade when you wind up with the average outcome.

Last edited:

JYB

Starter
According to the Jimmy Johnson Trade Chart, the Rams gave up 220 points which is the equivalent of a high 3rd round choice (#72) to move up for Fiske.
Why do people feel the need to deny the obvious, which every single reporter and objective observer is pointing out, which is that the Rams overpaid?

If you want to argue that you're fine with Les overpaying, then say that. Instead of denying the undeniable.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You win Straw Man post of the week.

Congrats!
LOL You're a clown. You've spent all morning praising another GM and shitting on ours for continually not being able to make a successful trade. Go back to your crying there are people liking this team and the draft here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do people feel the need to deny the obvious, which every single reporter and objective observer is pointing out, which is that the Rams overpaid?

If you want to argue that you're fine with Les overpaying, then say that. Instead of denying the undeniable.
Who gives a flying fuck what reporters think instead of our front office? Other than you clearly. We had a major need for a DT and we beat the run on them and it cost us to move up. Price well paid and we're a much better team today on paper for it.

Memphis Ram

Legend

I didn't like the compensation provided, but my point is that it wasn't as bad as you seem to be making it out to be. And if Fiske pans out it may turn out to be a steal.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't like the compensation provided, but my point is that it wasn't as bad as you seem to be making it out to be.
It isn't nearly as bad as he's making it out to be especially when you factor in the need and that 2 or 3 other DT's went before we would have picked at 52. Add to that he's using some chart that makes no sense to inflate his point artificially.

JYB

Starter

Very simple -- a more even trade. It's really not that complex.

Problem is, you're going to keep seeing this in the future, because teams know that Snead is willing to overpay, so they're always going to ask for more. And they'll get it.

Atlanta gave up #79 (a third) and GOT BACK a 6th.

We have up a second rounder (a future pick, so needs to be discounted) and also GAVE UP a fifth. Yeah, I'd have been far more happy with the Atlanta trade. Wouldn't you?

tempests

Hall of Fame
"Home run trade for the #Panthers."

Les is now known around the league as the guy you can fleece.

It's not front office personnel that make those kinds of comments. Jason OTC isn't in any front office. He's just an opinionated person second guessing what NFL teams do on the Internet.

There's no evidence that I've seen that the Rams are being bent over in these trades. Only that people who aren't privy to those negotiations criticize them.

JYB

Starter
I didn't like the compensation provided, but my point is that it wasn't as bad as you seem to be making it out to be. And if Fiske pans out it may turn out to be a steal.
Sigh. Frankly, I'm kinda tired of beating this very dead horse.

But to sum it up, I'm not complaining about the move up and I'm not complaining about the player.

I love *both*.

And, I'm certainly not advocating replacing Snead, unlike some childish straw men posters are trying to suggest.

But he's certainly not perfect, and I think he overpays in trade deals. *Always* gets the short end of the stick. And I don't think he needs to overpay, but I think it's bc that is now his rep around the league -- teams know they can take advantage of him, unfortunately.

JYB

Starter
It's not front office personnel that make those kinds of comments. Jason OTC isn't in any front office. He's just an opinionated person second guessing what NFL teams do on the Internet.

There's no evidence that I've seen that the Rams are being bent over in these trades. Only that people who aren't privy to those negotiations criticize them.
He's not the only one saying it. Seriously, can you find ANYBODY who doesn't think the Rams overpaid?

It doesn't HAVE to be that way. But it usually is, unfortunately.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sigh. Frankly, I'm kinda tired of beating this very dead horse.

But to sum it up, I'm not complaining about the move up and I'm not complaining about the player.

I love *both*.

And, I'm certainly not advocating replacing Snead, unlike some childish straw men posters are trying to suggest.

But he's certainly not perfect, and I think he overpays in trade deals. *Always* gets the short end of the stick. And I don't think he needs to overpay, but I think it's bc that is now his rep around the league -- teams know they can take advantage of him, unfortunately.
I get what you are saying, but I just question if you really understand how these things work.

JYB

Starter

Just a relatively even trade using any trade chart you want. That's all. I'm sure there are tons of different combinations that can get you there. But no matter which chart you use for this trade, you'll find that we overpaid by a lot.

JYB

Starter
I get what you are saying, but I just question if you really understand how these things work.
I understand how they work with Les. And unfortunately, he usually ends up on the short end of the stick. When was the last time Snead got the better of a trade?

tempests

Hall of Fame
He's not the only one saying it. Seriously, can you find ANYBODY who doesn't think the Rams overpaid?

It doesn't HAVE to be that way. But it usually is, unfortunately.
You made the claim that Les Snead has a reputation "around the league" as a person who can be taken advantage of.

I'd like to see evidence of this, from people who are actually "in the league".

JYB

Starter
It isn't nearly as bad as he's making it out to be especially when you factor in the need and that 2 or 3 other DT's went before we would have picked at 52. Add to that he's using some chart that makes no sense to inflate his point artificially.
Need and position have nothing to do with trade compensation. The Panthers didn't say, "we need your 2nd next year because there is only 1 DT left before your pick."

Pick any trade chart you want and show me the comparison. I'll wait.