Rams Select Braden Fiske, DL at #39 Overall.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
It was 130 points difference. We basically gave them 300 at the minimum.

I love Fiske, but they need to get someone who knows how to work the phones instead of just saying okay and not counter negotiating.
Nah...it was a 90 point difference on the Jimmy Johnson trade chart which is the typical one used.

39 (510 points) for 52 (380 points) + 155 (30.4) + '25 2nd (190)

510 points for 600.4 points. A 15% premium.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am also seeing a pattern of drafting players older than the norm by a little. My take is they want to take advantage of whatever 36 year old Stafford has left by drafting players that don't need as much development and try and get another Lombardi.
It's the nature of this draft, a lot of the players taken this weekend will be older with the covid year added to eligibility. Don't worry about it we still get these guys for a good amount of time. Just my 2 pesos

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah...it was a 90 point difference on the Jimmy Johnson trade chart which is the typical one used.

39 (510 points) for 52 (380 points) + 155 (30.4) + '25 2nd (190)

510 points for 600.4 points. A 15% premium.
And the valuation for future picks is always subjective.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Word around the league was somewhere between 40 -50 players were on everyone's top 50 and it got really messy after that.
I like it, pretty low risk guys that should both start. Screw the chart

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It was 130 points difference. We basically gave them 300 at the minimum.

I love Fiske, but they need to get someone who knows how to work the phones instead of just saying okay and not counter negotiating.

The rams strategy since mcsnead have combined heads is the rams use draft picks like currency. And the rams have an overabundance of currency this year with the compensatory picks etc. So far the results have been Lombardi trophy worthy

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Fiske seems like the kind of DL guy the Steelers or Ravens pick and years later everyone says why the heck didn’t we pick him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wow, gave up a 5th snd next year’s second to move up for him. Guess I’ll have to see what he brings to be convinced

WOW - I thought you liked him & WHAT FIT he is going 2B!!!!

To each there own,but if you look at the BIG PICTURE ?? You’d probably see it different,but those doubters.

I’ll just say Greg Gaines x3

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I love this pick! He is one of the guys I really wanted. Love the intensity he plays with. Another high motor player.
The brotherhood chemistry he has with Fisk is nice to see too.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Next year's draft is a very weak class, in my opinion. Doesn't have the Covid players that this one had, and honestly don't see any real potentially generational prospects, Luther Burden III aside.

Your talking The Number 3 DT in The 2024 Draft who plays a long side Jared Verse.

Add him next to Kobie Turner & B. Young ? There a lot of speed
Up Front. Shula is going to have some nice rotations.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Dont kill my excitement man lol
I don’t dislike him. He has a high motor just like Verse. Plus both can be moved around. It makes me wonder if they will try to implement the crazy fronts like Wink Martindale likes to do.

I wouldn’t mind that.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Your talking The Number 3 DT in The 2024 Draft who plays a long side Jared Verse.

Add him next to Kobie Turner & B. Young ? There a lot of speed
Up Front. Shula is going to have some nice rotations.

I'm saying why I'm fine with the Fiske pick. Love the kid's motor, love the explosive first step. Honestly reminds me of Bryan Breese. I'm more than happy with the Fiske pick, hell, even the trade-up. They had to, considering the drop-off of the DT class after him, and they only gave up one premium pick to move spots. They still have both thirds this year and both next year.