Rams Select Braden Fiske, DL at #39 Overall.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
These 2 FSU products.... fit this image:

We don't want guys that play football.
We want football players!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
No Fiske is going to be a hell of a player, that I have no doubts.

But that doesn’t mean giving your ass away when you don’t have to.
It’s the “have to” that we don’t know.
Honestly.. I get your point on a straight pick value level.. but I’m open to the fact that it’s a guy they 100% believe in.. and 100% believed would be gone.

It increases the need for that pick to hit, though, imo,

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Freaking love this pick. First time in 40 years for me that the Rams drafted both guys I wanted in the 1st and 2nd. Can I get Branden Rice in the 3rd?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Definitely seeing a pattern here with Byron Young, Kobie Turner, Jared Verse, and Braden Fiske.

Young goes from Georgia Military College to Tennessee.

Turner goes from Richmond to Wake Forest.

Verse from Albany to FSU.

Fiske from Western Michigan to FSU.

All of these guys came from nowhere and had to FIGHT to claw their way up. And when they get on the bigger stage, they dominate.

methomas50

Rookie
Bob McGinn talks with scouts

5. BRADEN FISKE, Florida State (6-3 ½, 293, 4.76, 2): Played the 2023 season in Tallahassee after five years at Western Michigan. “I liked him way more this year than what I saw last year,” one scout said. “He took the money and improved his stock.” After a six-sack season for the Seminoles he was impressive at the Senior Bowl and aced the combine. “It always happens to a couple guys every year,” said a second scout. “He’s the one guy that won the process over in the spring. People fell in love with the workout. I think he’ll get overdrafted in the second (round). He’d be a great pick in the third.” His broad jump of 9-9 led the position. “He’s a determined, relentless athlete,” said a third scout. “His father’s a steelworker, his mom is blue collar. He’s f--king determined to win. Everybody talks about (FSU DE Jared) Verse but this guy has more of a motor than Verse. He challenges (Verse) every day at practice to be great. This kid is a winner.” Finished with 191 tackles (36 ½ for loss) and 19 ½ sacks. “I could watch the film all day long,” a fourth scout said. “You talk about passion. The negative is, hey, where’d he come from? He’s a transfer guy from the MAC so he’s a little bit late to the scene. I think this guy is destined for the first round.” His arms measured 31, the shortest at the position. Hands were 9 3/8. “We sit in meetings and say, ‘Length, length, length,’” said a fifth scout. “The guy’s got 31-inch arms. You know what you’re getting. Meat and potatoes guy. He ran fast. I’m not as high on him as maybe the league.” From Michigan City, Ind. “Now he’s a little older (will be 25 in January) and has an injury history so you’ve got to take that into account,” said a sixth scout. “But he fits bottom of the first. You could compare him to Kyle Williams because of his size and movement and angles and twisting the body and hand use. But this guy was more explosive than Kyle Williams. His weren’t manufactured workout numbers. You see the explosiveness on film.”

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Could have stood pat at pick 52 and gotten Mitchell . Here's hoping Mitchell is a bust and Fiske is a beast.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
All can happen and still getting a better deal I think

Fair enough but if you have to "overpay" to get a guy you want I'm all for it. People said we overpaid for Ramsey and Stafford too. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but totally fair POV for you.

jjab360

Legend
Short arms dont mean shit if the o lineman cant get a pad on ya :).For what is worth his arms at an inch and 5/8ths shorter than Aaron Donalds.
Greg Gaines was one of those shorter armed guys and he was very effective for us when he was here.

This guy is like a supercharged Greg Gaines.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So he has short arms, we could call him B-Rex?

trex GIF

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know we essentially gave up a second round pick. And a 5th this year. But when I look at the board by the time our original spot came around, I just don't see anyone the same caliber as Fiske. Seems like a bigger drop after the 45th pick. Fiske can be an immediate contributor. Not sure we could say the same about whoever we woulda picked at 52.

methomas50

Rookie
Definitely seeing a pattern here with Byron Young, Kobie Turner, Jared Verse, and Braden Fiske.

Young goes from Georgia Military College to Tennessee.

Turner goes from Richmond to Wake Forest.

Verse from Albany to FSU.

Fiske from Western Michigan to FSU.

All of these guys came from nowhere and had to FIGHT to claw their way up. And when they get on the bigger stage, they dominate.
I am also seeing a pattern of drafting players older than the norm by a little. My take is they want to take advantage of whatever 36 year old Stafford has left by drafting players that don't need as much development and try and get another Lombardi.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I know we essentially gave up a second round pick. And a 5th this year. But when I look at the board by the time our original spot came around, I just don't see anyone the same caliber as Fiske. Seems like a bigger drop after the 45th pick. Fiske can be an immediate contributor. Not sure we could say the same about whoever we woulda picked at 52.
That’s how I’m looking at it, for now.
They NEED a plug and play starter.. so, I’ll wait and see.