Rams Select Braden Fiske, DL at #39 Overall.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I'll take most of my opinion on your posts to PM to save the board this back and forth. But let me say that it is not that it is some guy who studies tape bagging on the Rams. It is that a member of this forum keeps posting shit from people like that on this board.
Again, as I said people get offended over a guy who has a different opinion about Fiske? No one was ever harmed when reading a differing opinion. Knowledge is important.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Again, as I said people get offended over a guy who has a different opinion about Fiske? No one was ever harmed when reading a differing opinion. Knowledge is important.
Read the PM I sent you. If it was just this one character I wouldn't even bring it up. I might push back on it but so what. Bottom line is that I'm done debating this on this thread.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I think one of the things the Rams paid for was the chemistry between Fiske and Verse. I'm sure McVay has envisioned all the games they can run together to create pressure on the pocket. Fiske chases well. You need Tackles who can get to the sideline to stop all the quick screens outside and just be someone who never quits on a play. That can win you games, can be the difference. Fiske also attacks when you don't get a hat on him, he's not waiting, he's blowing into the backfield. He's going to be one of those guys fans love.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I think one of the things the Rams paid for was the chemistry between Fiske and Verse.

I think there is proof that is true. McSnead said it. And it will be interesting on how they are deployed.

That was one of reasons I posted those two pieces. Both guys said the same thing about where Fiske will play. And I thought both were wrong. They were no considering head start those two would have when Rams run stunts up front.

Both of those guys, IMO, mischaracterized Fiske as a 3-tech-type. While he might be able to do it, I do not think Rams drafted him to play where both of them project him

Sure, I could be wrong but I think they will place Fiske a little further out than where Donald played and it would work well with being next to Verse.

And in passing situations, they can place them next to each other in a couple different ways.

They could isolate Verse and have him cross - just imagine the new guys in this 3x1

1715129582257.png

WestCoastRam

Legend
FWIW, I love the Rams but I like to have a realistic view of what they are and what they do.

I appreciate @JimY53 posting everything, how Fiske could work and succeed and opinions on why he won't.

Why he might be worth the trade up and why he might not be.

Nothing wrong with trying to see things clearly.

Oh, and F*CK THE 9ERS AND SEACHICKENS!

Edit: AZ be creepin' though

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
It’s worth noting that Snead is on record as saying they were planning on trading back for more picks but stuck when Blake Corum was available.

Draft picks are capital but great players help you win games.

If Fiske plays as much as we expect and helps us win games starting this year then its great use of capital. It’s the same for Corum. I was surprised by us trading up - and by us taking a RB as early as the 3rd - but couldn’t be happier with the players themselves. Both are studs

Bear in mind that near all prospects have some knocks on their ability or game but the best transcend limitations. I’d bet both Fiske and Corum are those kind of players

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pAjmggn7qjs

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Both of those guys, IMO, mischaracterized Fiske as a 3-tech-type. While he might be able to do it, I do not think Rams drafted him to play where both of them project him

Sure, I could be wrong but I think they will place Fiske a little further out than where Donald played and it would work well with being next to Verse.

And in passing situations, they can place them next to each other in a couple different ways.

They could isolate Verse and have him cross - just imagine the new guys in this 3x1
I tend to agree with this. After watching some tape of the senior bowl (game and drills), I think they plan to use him creatively in the pass rush. He will need more lead in his pants to play inside IMO.

He kinda reminds me of a more compact Grant Wistrom, and if we get that level of performance from him, from wherever they play him, then the pick and what we gave up for it are more than worth it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I tend to agree with this. After watching some tape of the senior bowl (game and drills), I think they plan to use him creatively in the pass rush. He will need more lead in his pants to play inside IMO.

He kinda reminds me of a more compact Grant Wistrom, and if we get that level of performance from him, from wherever they play him, then the pick and what we gave up for it are more than worth it.
I remember Wistrom having a non-stop motor, but I wish he more sacks than he did. I remembering him hurrying the QB which was good, but I hope Fiske has a better career than Wistrom and never plays for the Seachickens!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well Wistrom gave us one epic year which happened to be a title season. So I will always appreciate him for that. We don't get 13 wins and the top seed without some of those explosive plays he delivered.

He was also a rangy athlete. Fiske is a different dude to my eye, thicker and short area burst. A lot more power and you feel it once he gets into a lineman's pads.

I think he is going to be a fine Ram. Tough and tenacious MFer who should fit our personalities in that DL room. This isn't the athletic upside type that Les seems to miss on. The dude plays like a badger.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I also don't put much stock in the short arms thing. An inch and a half makes that big a difference? My wife might think so but it has nothing to do with football.