Rams OTA's & minicamp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I keep seeing tweets and stuff that it’s 11 week is until football is back on Sunday’s, maybe 10 now.
10-11 weeks puts us in mid-August ... so Pre-season football but most of the exhibition games are on Friday and Saturday.

I think we are about 15 weeks from the first Sunday of the 2022 Regular Sdeason.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think they keep 6 with OBJ coming back later in the year.

1. Cooper Kupp
  2. Allen Robinson
  3. Van Jefferson
  4. Tutu Atwell
  5. Ben Skowronek
  6. Branden Powell
Five active on game day, if they are going to pass more on offense Atwell plays ahead of Skowronek regardless of special teams and Powell remains active returning punts & kickoffs.
That is how I see it too.

I will say though that OS makes a fair pount about number of returners. If for example Harris goes off in camp and preseason and the Rams have a few options for returns elsewhere on the roster Powell could be squeezed out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I see both Skow and Powell active on game days if only for their ST values.

So, this would mean that Atwell will be inactive even before the potential return of OBJ. It’s simply a numbers game. I’m thinking that Atwell will have to beat out Jefferson in order to be active on game day. THAT seems highly unlikely to me.

IF Rams can find another beastly returner then Powell is obviously vulnerable as ST seems his only opportunity to see the field on this roster.

Skow is a work in progress and his career could go in either direction. The kid is easy to root for and is the very definition of potential.

Rams are a very, very tough team for a young WR to try to crack the roster. No shame in being a #5 WR in this WR room.
It’s going to be interesting to see how they figure it out. Skowronek earned being the front runner. Tutu has to be very good to unseat him imo.

I hope if McVay wants to experiment with Atwell it is on the weeks that the Rams have their two easiest games.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s going to be interesting to see how they figure it out. Skowronek earned being the front runner. Tutu has to be very good to unseat him imo.

I hope if McVay wants to experiment with Atwell it is on the weeks that the Rams have their two easiest games.
It is kind of funny how nobody seems to think Skow might actually improve in this offense. If he makes a good jump year two he's gonna be a problem for some guys on that depth chart.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It is kind of funny how nobody seems to think Skow might actually improve in this offense. If he makes a good jump year two he's gonna be a problem for some guys on that depth chart.
Everybody just remembers the drop against San Francisco.
1654024473383.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agreed. He should be even better. The pass on the slant in the playoffs sounds like Stafford tried to sneak it in a tight window. He said to McVay that he waited until the last second. Some say Ben needed to keep running harder. On the long pass over his head, that could be a few things. Stafford misreading which side he turns to, Ben leaning right, or even a bit of a desperation throw to a decoy route that wasn’t expected by Ben.

Like I said Tutu has to be very good to surpass Ben.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We might need to sneak @bubbaramfan out on the field as a waterboy or something this year in camp to ensure good coverage of that WR room battle. Just need @VeteranRamFan to keep him from getting too pissed at the beer tent. :laugh4:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed. He should be even better. The pass on the slant in the playoffs sounds like Stafford tried to sneak it in a tight window. He said to McVay that he waited until the last second. Some say Ben needed to keep running harder. On the long pass over his head, that could be a few things. Stafford misreading which side he turns to, Ben leaning right, or even a bit of a desperation throw to a decoy route that wasn’t expected by Ben.

Like I said Tutu has to be very good to surpass Ben.
You can say what you want.They playn2 different WR spots.They both do different things &catch & track the ball different.

First off in training camp it was said right away that he was better than Harris & the slant & out were what Ben Sko was good at. Tutu was in Covid lock up & was amazing once he got lose.

The tracking of the ball was obviously bad on Ben Sko’s side of it. I remember being a USC guy & loving Taylor Mays coming out.He had supposedly had just broken The NFL combine 40 record & went to the DB’s drill.
Wow I saw him trying to track a football & was like this guys ball skill are HORRIBLE.Right then the 40 yard dash went out the window.
Ben Sko like you said might have been on Stafford or on Sko.Either way it did show a weakness & something he needs to get better at. He also missed passes he has to catch.
Cooper Kupp even misses some bunnies,but the way he tracks the ball is unbelievable at times.
Hopkins innthe Super Bowl showed good hands & the game was not to fast for him which was excellent to see.

IMO but Ben Sko & Blanton both will improve night & day come 2022. That game time experience was priceless.

Tutu Atwell will be that player Mcvay like in Cook,Watkins,Jackson that can open up the offense.In 2020 The Rams didn’t have that kind of a WR.

OBJ really helped open up the offense once Jackson left.That deep(home run)threat is something Mcvay will always want on his teams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We might need to sneak @bubbaramfan out on the field as a waterboy or something this year in camp to ensure good coverage of that WR room battle. Just need @VeteranRamFan to keep him from getting too pissed at the beer tent. :laugh4:

I’ve report fairly well.If you were 15 to 20 yards away watch Cooper Kupp last season,you’d know he was ahead of the DB’s. D.Williams was not himself & twist his ankle right in front of me.Reggie didn’t see it & then DD21 took over for him because a practice at some point RR31 broke a bone in his wrist.
I was also the first on Brian Allen starting at center.You could see Austin Corbett was not going to be the guy. If nothing else to get Bobby Evens from being the starting RG.

The guy I like that know one talks about is the other Williams D’Fence!!
He will play on the Right side.

Hollins is another guy that plays on that side we’re Von Miller came in to finish up the season.

Hoecht & Copeland both added to the front.Now Bobby Brown will be healthy. Hoecht has an excellent motor & a core special teams guy,especially for his size & speed. He also stays after practice helping the backup O’Lineman working on there footwork.

SJD had an excellent first half of the season & Troy Reeder beat out Kiser.That MLB thing last season was intense because Ernest Jones was going to make the team. The thing with Ernest Jones from what you might have seen in the SuperBowl is the best LBer on The Rams in pass coverage. His pick 6 also was another example during the season.
—Troy Hill 3 years ago showed he was going to be alright a CB. Posters kept saying he should be cut for salary cap. Troy Hill once again will be a big piece of The Rams defense.Then again David Long is in a contract year & those to will be hard for any rookie coming in to take there Starting Spots as Nickle & Dime guys with RAMsey.
RR31 looks like a good zone CB. He comes up on the ball a roams the field well. He has good vision watching the QB & knowing windows.

This year will be different,but I suspect a lot more Nickle & Dime packages with Jalen RAMsey being more of a LBer type & closer to the ball.Same with Taylor Rapp if he doesn’t get traded.

Something has got to give.Crazy talk that it would not surprise me if RAMsey gets traded ? Kupp & Donald both have to get paid.Jalen is going to want his & OBJ wants The Rams to show him the money.

We know Fuller will be healthy,& Nick Scott will KNOCK the Heck out of a Deebo coming across the middle.
Terrel Burgees is Raheem Morris guy right now in OTA’s

Who are The Rams LBers ? I guess the 3/4 it is & Floyd,Hollins, & Lewis need to be good in coverage?

I don’t know . Just throwing a lot of spaghetti at the wall.Something has to stick.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Everybody just remembers the drop against San Francisco.

That is just an example of why he was a 7th rd pick. When he was in training camp Mcvay already had him pegged for what he is good at,but then he got exposed.

I will say that play will only make Ben Sko better. Playing & learning from Cooper Kupp is priceless.He also became good friends with Harris & those to player are going to put the work in to get better. Ben Sko knows special teams is always going to be important for him./
Tracking the ball practicing special teams will help as well.Find man find ball. Punt coverage is not easy if your coming from inside at times ?
Ben Sko missed some big catches right in his hands as well as Blanton.Both players needed last season to really feel the pressure & game speed.Those are not things you can really teach,besides experience.
You look at how Mcvay gives players a chance.Last season during training camp Bryce Perkins was going to get cut.That guy from Pittsburgh was the #3 QB & Reps we’re hard to come by.
Wolford had an appendix removed & Perkiins looked excellent while Bobby Evans got really exposed at RG.,

We can all speculate.Dickers is wearing #16 & Wolford is getting paid. That extra spot in 2022 on the 53 might be hard to come by. AJ Jackson also has a season under his belt & The Rams might just go with

Noteboom
Aj Jackson
edwards
Allen
shelton
Anchrum
Big Rob
& Bruss
I’m calling 8 O’Lineman on the 53 only to start the season.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
We have quality problems guys, Ideally, it isn't only Skow that improves in the off-season.
VJ and Atwell are still young and hopefully developing too!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We have quality problems guys, Ideally, it isn't only Skow that improves in the off-season.
VJ and Atwell are still young and hopefully developing too!

I’ll make a prediction that Allen Robinson leads The Rams in at least TD’s,Yards or receptions.
Cooper Kupp seems to always put up good yardage each season & is so good at YAC.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Skow had soft hands at Norte Dame--- I predict he improves leaps and bounds.

Name
A Really Cool
A lot care because that was a bum ass pick compared to a All Pro player on a rookie contract. Let me know when Tavon Austin Jr gets more than 50 career yards receiving or Can actually field balls on special teams full time.
Well idgaf. All good tho. I'm not gonna keep talking about something that's been beat to death already. I hope he does good to prove all the assholes wrong. Not calling anyone an asshole, just saying.