Rams OTA's & minicamp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
McVay has said multiple times already that Harris is a TE.
Good. Where did the WR speculation come from?

Harris was always labeled a TE on The Rams website and Pro Football Reference.

I think he can carve a role at TE.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It also comes down to what the opponents consider him to be. You can put out a "12" set with him in it but DCs may just treat that as an 11 set and play him accordingly. For him to dictate a reaction from DCs where they package for 12 he will need to make a difference blocking. But year two in the system and all that hopefully he can do that.

One problem he had is he's really light for his size, I didn't like how smaller DBs can throw him down. But he's definitely a freak. I really hope he can show up this year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

From people here we fans have all kinds of fun ideas on the roster on scheme on fullbacks.....

:D

Sorry couldn't resist.

It's fan driven and purely speculative.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay did call him a WR after the season. Seemed that tune changed though after the Rams stocked the WR room by adding Robinson. I mean they still have Odell possibly coming in. Harris would almost surely be an odd man out there so at least by grouping him in the TEs he has a chance.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I'm buying on Tutu at this point. I don't think this is just fluff like you see with the shitters trying to talk up Lance.
He's surrounded by too much elite talent and elite coaching to not get better. A lot of positive reports coming out about Tutu's off-season. Yes he's small and yes he got injured last year, but I have a hard time believing McVay wont utilize his skill set. 4.27 speed who runs good routes and has nice hands will have some sort of role IMO.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/03/rams-jacob-harris-sean-mcvay-wide-receiver-change/
While the addition of Koski gives Los Angeles only five wide receivers on their depth chart, Sean McVay shared that Jacob Harris should be considered a wide receiver and not a tight end.

“Jacob Harris is a receiver. He’s listed as a tight end. We’ll see if we can get that changed on the flip card, but he’s really playing receiver for us,” McVay said Wednesday.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. I'm so frustrated with that dude. I would have moved him. I don't trust him at all he's just collecting game checks IMO.

just collecting game checks? he was the most impactful rb on the field for the rams in the superbowl.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Saved me from having to go search for that. Thank you. I was having a moment reading these posts (although I do try very hard to resist these, admittedly very irritating, urges) .

duty_calls.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
just collecting game checks? he was the most impactful rb on the field for the rams in the superbowl.

Yeah I don't think he's a guy who is fully engaged. Just my opinion, maybe unfair to him but it's how I read it.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I tend to believe the reports on Tutu are more than fluff. He's gained what looks like 10 lbs of muscle over last season. It shows commitment and will help him. I'm going to be interested in how he looks in camp and preseason. He absolutely can't afford to get hurt this year. If he does he could fall right off the chart.

If Tutu continues to impress and OBJ is signed as anticipated, does that push Harris back to TE?
I don’t think Tutu gained much if any weight. He’s listed at 165 again this year.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
McVay has said multiple times already that Harris is a TE.
To me, the TE post is the only position that which he has a chance to be playing on an NFL roster in 2 - 3 years. Of course, I know nothing but Harris as an effective WR would shock me

Name
A Really Cool
Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

For a valid opinion yes. Somebody who actually spends time in the details and daily transactions unlike someone that is a fly by night, comes in stating “ you’re being negative” without stating any substance or counter arguments.

That’s some lame bullshit. At least like most decent posters like @jrry32 even if we don’t agree, at least he supports his false claims. :laugh2:

Ive been a Ram fan for 6 months, 3 weeks, 22 days , 11 hours, 26 minutes, 32 seconds.Ye

Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

For a valid opinion yes. Somebody who actually spends time in the details and daily transactions unlike someone that is a fly by night, comes in stating “ you’re being negative” without stating any substance or counter arguments.

That’s some lame bullshit. At least like most decent posters like @jrry32 even if we don’t agree, at least he supports his false claims. :laugh2:

Ive been a Ram fan for 6 months, 3 weeks, 22 days , 11 hours, 26 minutes, 32 seconds.
Because I'm not a stat whore like everyone else, I'm not a fan? Ok old man.

Name
A Really Cool
Never really cared for Wagner due to the stink of Seattle on him. But he's really growing on me. Real nice addition right there.
He's always been good. Idc if he played for Seattle. I recognize greatness and he's been nothing but that.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He's always been good. Idc if he played for Seattle. I recognize greatness and he's been nothing but that.
I know he’s an upgrade.. but.. boy.. can’t remember him making a difference against the Rams in recent years.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm buying on Tutu at this point. I don't think this is just fluff like you see with the shitters trying to talk up Lance.
I should be from Missouri. "I keep thinking, show me."
As much as I still dislike the pick I will always root for our players to succeed. If he's putting this much work into his craft then absolutely bring on Tutu the Beast! He has speed the rest of the WR corp doesn't possess. He's just got to make it translate onto the field and produce in game.
He's also got to put himself on the field. I never liked the pick, but not just due to his size. Where does he play? The Rams had Woods, Kupp, Jefferson. Now they have even more with Skowronek, Robinson and possibly Beckham. For Tutu to make an impact aside from an occasional Jet Sweep, he's going to have to be as good or better than the bottom two. All that and he is a second round pick. It seems unlikely that he ever produces as well as expected for that high a pick. The Rams had little to no use of DeSean Jackson last year. Is Tutu better than he was?, and that was before Odell and Ben hit the field.
I don't think he's going to be a big impact in the pass game, for the record. But we should feel him on the schemed up plays like the screens, jet sweeps, back side wheel routes, etc. He should be able to line up correctly which means getting on the field and just build on things from there.

What I'd really like to hear, though, is that he's showing progress on punt returns. I want that speed flipping the field for us just don't want to have a heart attack each time he catches it like Tavon did to us.

Oh and btw if he is showing extremely well in the pass game then that puts heat on Jefferson which is a good thing. Competition will drive improvement.
Bringing him in on certain plays takes another player off the field. Plus it would signal the defense. How many routes will he be able to run at his size?
Same.. I just don't think he's a realistic return guy.. as a WR.. he can avoid most of the big collisions he's likely to take as a return guy.
Good returners have instincts for the position. If he has any he certainly didn't show it.
It also comes down to what the opponents consider him to be. You can put out a "12" set with him in it but DCs may just treat that as an 11 set and play him accordingly. For him to dictate a reaction from DCs where they package for 12 he will need to make a difference blocking. But year two in the system and all that hopefully he can do that.

One problem he had is he's really light for his size, I didn't like how smaller DBs can throw him down. But he's definitely a freak. I really hope he can show up this year.
Harris seems like another toy that isn't likely to blossom in the NFL. Hes so raw. What's the odds that he can develop his game before year four?
From people here we fans have all kinds of fun ideas on the roster on scheme on fullbacks.....

:D

Sorry couldn't resist.

It's fan driven and purely speculative.
What is? That Harris was a receiver on the Rams roster? That was reported last season. Nobody made that up. My guess is that playing tight end is the only hope he has of sticking. Like Tutu he has five good players ahead of him. How much impact do sixth and seventh receivers make? He has a better shot as a third or fourth tight end.

Then which positions are undermanned to keep a sixth wide receiver and a third or fourth tight end as game day actives?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is? That Harris was a receiver on the Rams roster? That was reported last season. Nobody made that up.
Interesting since the Rams roster has always listed him as a TE when he was drafted they called him a TE and when McVay described him all last year he was a TE. He made one comment that Harris did a some "receiver stuff" for us and that's it. The rest of the time since being drafted the Rams have classified him as a TE. When Mundt went down Harris was listed as a guy that could see time in that role. I get it McVay called him a TE a time maybe two. But the Rams and McVay have always listed him as a TE.

1654843382886.png

Name
A Really Cool
I know he’s an upgrade.. but.. boy.. can’t remember him making a difference against the Rams in recent years.
I do find the combination of Bobby Wagner and Ernest Jones very intriguing though. Imagine possibilities. Gone are the days of Troy Reeder. I'm so damn psyched for the season already.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don’t think Tutu gained much if any weight. He’s listed at 165 again this year.

I don't believe those numbers are ever accurate.
I could totally be wrong.

Are nfl teams under any obligation to provide acurate and up-to-date data about players weight or height or age..etc..?