Rams OTA's & minicamp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Never really cared for Wagner due to the stink of Seattle on him. But he's really growing on me. Real nice addition right there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm a bit surprised that some of us wonder is Benny Skow will make the team. The rookie delivered big time last season but he gets no love just because he dropped a couple of balls. And the one in the end zone was not an easy catch. He was twisting and turning to get his head and body around and lost track of the ball. Someone posted the replay the other day and it was obvious to me. But besides that... what about the receiver "development" in year 2. No one thinks Skow won't be better in year 2? IMO... this guy will be a big-play "possession-type" receiver.

I think he makes the team. For me, its a good discussion because we are tight at WR if all emerge healthy. It will be interesting.

If your taking about Harris ?

No. I was talking Skow. (y)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A few things from Jourdan at the Athletic…

———

“The Rams are preparing for a second year of their evolved offense under quarterback Matthew Stafford

:pointup:This is the 2nd time I’ve heard slight reference to something different with the offense this year.

Maybe I am reading into things… but the last article she seemed to go out of her way to point out she cannot comment on what she is seeing with scheme.

Again, may be nothing. Maybe the evolution she refers is last season, adding Stafford. I dunno.

———

“In positive injury news, safety Jordan Fuller (ankle) and receiver/tight end Jacob Harris (knee) were able to do speed and ladder work out on the sideline during practice, and Harris added long striding-jog drills to his rehabilitation routine. Both players are on track to return by training camp.”

:pointup:There again is reference to Harris as TE. I am unsure what to expect right now in his utilization.

I like him best at TE. We need a matchup problem at TE in the passing game. Harris can maybe do that.

———

“Kupp name-dropped second-year receiver Tutu Atwell and undrafted free agent receiver Lance McCutcheon as two players who really stood out during OTAs. “He’s shown some good stuff, really smart kid,” Kupp said of McCutcheon. Aside from working into the offense”

:pointup:Lance McCutcheon might be interesting to watch. Kupp adds to the intrigue.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Never really cared for Wagner due to the stink of Seattle on him. But he's really growing on me. Real nice addition right there.
I was so excited when we signed him! Hate the hags but damn he’s been good for them. Glad he will round of his HOF career with us!

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame

———

“The Rams are preparing for a second year of their evolved offense under quarterback Matthew Stafford

:pointup:This is the 2nd time I’ve heard slight reference to something different with the offense this year.

Maybe I am reading into things… but the last article she seemed to go out of her way to point out she cannot comment on what she is seeing with scheme.

Again, may be nothing. Maybe the evolution she refers is last season, adding Stafford. I dunno.

———

“In positive injury news, safety Jordan Fuller (ankle) and receiver/tight end Jacob Harris (knee) were able to do speed and ladder work out on the sideline during practice, and Harris added long striding-jog drills to his rehabilitation routine. Both players are on track to return by training camp.”

:pointup:There again is reference to Harris as TE. I am unsure what to expect right now in his utilization.

I like him best at TE. We need a matchup problem at TE in the passing game. Harris can maybe do that.

———

“Kupp name-dropped second-year receiver Tutu Atwell and undrafted free agent receiver Lance McCutcheon as two players who really stood out during OTAs. “He’s shown some good stuff, really smart kid,” Kupp said of McCutcheon. Aside from working into the offense”

:pointup:Lance McCutcheon might be interesting to watch. Kupp adds to the intrigue.

I can’t freaking wait to see year two of this Offense. Kupp last year was insane - I have never seen a player dominate in such a sublime way.

ARob adds a different dimension with size and presence. Stafford has got the monkey off his back - SB winner, the stink of Detroit is gone. Not favored by Vegas but my MVP pick. The man is finally playing with house money - 50 TDs and 5000 yards

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

———

———

———

Don't read into the Jourdan's scheme comment... she's mentioning it prominently in every article because she's tired of people asking her about scheme stuff or questioning why she doesn't mention it.

I expect more passing this year.. and I think having ARob in for a full offseason will help that happen. If Tutu is really a thing.. his speed in 4WR setups could create some interesting opportunities.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
My guess is they will be trying out a lot of guys for PR and don't want to wear out legs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow shocked by this, wonder what's going on?
IMO he's better than the two we have in camp already but I'm biased. Dixon we know is nothing special and perhaps Dickers was brought in because of his ability to kick and punt as we haven't brought in a 2nd kicker that I recall.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO he's better than the two we have in camp already but I'm biased. Dixon we know is nothing special and perhaps Dickers was brought in because of his ability to kick and punt as we haven't brought in a 2nd kicker that I recall.
I thought they looked at him previously and I liked his stats and the fact he's a lefty, well, maybe you're right, Dicker more of a backup kicker then a punter perhaps and now Diaz might have a shot. Be interesting to see what happens. They have two roster spots open, I would assume they need another long snapper for camp.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought they looked at him previously and I liked his stats and the fact he's a lefty, well, maybe you're right, Dicker more of a backup kicker then a punter perhaps and now Diaz might have a shot. Be interesting to see what happens. They have two roster spots open, I would assume they need another long snapper for camp.
They had him for a pre draft workout yes.

oldnotdead

Legend
Julian Diaz doesn't have a lot of punts in his career but I've liked what I've seen of him. I watched him play against SDSU and he was outstanding. He has a legit leg and can flip field position. He is also better than Dicker placing inside the 20. He's going to be legit competition in TC with a real chance of winning it.