Rams offseason analysis: Wide receivers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Look, I know what Tavis Austin brings to the table but I just don't think it's worth the money he's getting paid to do it. If he stays on the 2018 roster I won't get upset. If he's not with the team in 2018 it won't bother me either.
Kinda the same....I don't think you just tear apart the top offense....a few tweaks....and guys like that should be replaced first...before being discarded like stale fish.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
before being discarded like stale fish.

A stale fish with a few million dollars in the bank and a chance to latch on to another team and make even more.

Btw does anyone know why Tavon Austin wasn't used during the Falcons/Rams playoff game or was he and I missed it? Was he injured?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Re Watkins:

Even though it's a no brainer that you franchise Joyner, I am not ready to give up on Watkins. He's talented. He's got hands like vise grips (a la Boldin) and he was our most productive receiver in the red zone.

I'm not sure it was just one thing that lead to his lack of receptions, but one thing that I have not read is the role McV had in this.

If Watkins was snagging all of those quick slants in the end zone for TDs, why couldn't we have ran more slants throughout the game? The cowboys used to kill with that play to Irvin and Rice could've made it to the HOF on that route alone.

Other than his TD catches, a lot of Watkins' grabs came around the hash marks behind the LBs. That play could have been called more.

IOW, there were other routes available besides just the deep stuff.

Watkins, like all of the receivers, did a great job blocking last year.

There's talent there and I would like to see another season of him and Goff working things out.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

I counted at least ten receptions from Goff over the middle and slants for Watkins. I see good hands and a guy who knows how to get open.

What FA WR in this years FA market is better?
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBTFOVb_w4

Thanks for posting this. This is exactly what I was talking about. Those slants and in routes over the middle were there.
...and those hands. This guy is good.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That article was the first time I've heard kupp referred to as a boom or bust pick. Where the heck did this guy pull that description out from?

Kupp wad probably the safest pick in the draft.