Rams Offensive Line 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What will the high ankle sprain ongoing with Anchrum do to your proposed 8 OL'ers? You sure look short on OG's to me.:thinking::(
If that's a high sprain yeah it'll have effect. I didn't recall hearing that is that new info?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If that's a high sprain yeah it'll have effect. I didn't recall hearing that is that new info?
Just a very quick remark by McVay reviewing injuries just after the game Saturday.... no further info just that Anchrum came out not to return after his ankle was rolled up on......I waiting for any new information on this Merlin that's all I know. But that normally means some kind of a "high ankle type injury" just how bad ..... it's unknown.

That might indicate a change as to who starts @ RT in the last preseason game. Jackson, Brewer, Evans or Pircher. I think River was thinking the over 6-6 Brewer would be the logical choice.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What will the high ankle sprain ongoing with Anchrum do to your proposed 8 OL'ers?
You sure look way short on OG's to me.:thinking::( full of a bunch of exterior OL'ers. Who going to start @ OG when your starters go down?

You have no backups to start inside here. Oh, I guess you have included Evans as your answer & that's worked really well in the past? I am fishing for a good response ..:);)
The answer to me is a simple yes on Evans. I guess no matter what it is the next guy up.Well first off I really didn’t watch the 2 games close enough to tell you the truth.
Mcvay has that answer which is always the right answer on how The Rams are going to address this.
Les Snead could always bring someone else in ? Austin Corbett seemed to work out okay.David Edwards has done alright & seems to be a player I think will stay healthy.
—Yes last season said he felt good with Evans at Guard. He is only getting better weather you want to think so or not.Hus Manhood has been called out & how he is responding?
Brewer went from RG to RT which I need to respond to with another post about the Dumb Azz announcing of Ram games. Shelton? He has been on the 53 roster how long ?
— Got to say Bonifay’d your(we’re?) right about Brian Allen then.He could be moved to guard then ? I have to LMAO though if you can’t see the Old Kromer Cross Training still going on.I think you follow the O’Lineman to see how they preform.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just a very quick remark by McVay reviewing injuries just after the game Saturday.... no further info just that Anchrum came out not to return after his ankle was rolled up on......I waiting for any new information on this Merlin that's all I know. But that normally means some kind of a "high ankle type injury" just how bad ..... it's unknown.

That might indicate a change as to who starts @ RT in the last preseason game. Jackson, Brewer, Evans or Pircher. I think River was thinking the over 6-6 Brewer would be the logical choice.
Brewer was the player who filled in for Brewer.So yes logic says.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
"Brewer filled in for Brewer"? Logic?

So Ramism at its best.

Dog Head Turn GIF

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
so my take here was actually the question we needed answered.

1. Rams in 2022 is such a HUGE concern from contract & players stand point .

2. Brian Allen won the starting Center position which eases my mind.Better than 2019.FA though.

3.Austin Corbett is a FA, He also is The Rams best RG. He can also play center if needed in game. Great training camp for him.

4. Noteboom- to me just a Great Ram.He knows his role & is going to be The Rams future LT. Still believe he can play guard,but not worth the Risk. He is a starting NFL LT.

5. David Edwards is just there. Always good when nobody is calling an O-Lineman’s name. Classic-

6. Big Rob Havenstien- enough said.

7. Whitworth — like Slater. The old Dinosaur. Just a HOF LT being able to play at a high level.

Bobby Evans,Anchrum,& Noteboom as the 8.
I'm hearing rumors that Bobby Evans (Ram's career) is Not For Long.

btfd16

Rookie
I've seen him do super poorly but I wonder if they really would cut him this season. I would imagine they'll see who is cut around the league. Crazy how far he's gone since even a couple weeks ago.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm really starting to wonder what this group looks like in a couple of weeks. The interior depth is not clear.
Right now, who would be the first backup at guard? I assumed it would be Evans.. but he's not looking good. I assumed Anchrum could play inside, but we haven't really see him do it. Does that mean it would be Noteboom? He can survive in there, but offers very little in the run game.
I really wonder if they might bring in a true inside backup from the outside and wonder what that would mean in the numbers game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well I guess where ever you heard that your sources were wrong.

Shelton came in for Brian Allen.

Bobby Evans came in for David Edwards.
Noteboom was playing RT on a 6 man line. I deleted the recording so can’t go into more detail.

I liked the New Game Plan & Arizona is in Trouble. I watched that Green Bay Zona game. — Zona’s run D is crap.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I really wonder if they might bring in a true inside backup from the outside and wonder what that would mean in the numbers game.
IMO, Noteboom is the first one off he bench if not at Center. But Boom was playing RT with the 6 man front, so if Allen did not get hurt, I believe Shelton would have replaced Edwards with Boom playing the 6th OL. Was shocked they went with Evans to replace Edwards, my feeling is they went with Evans because he has experience playing that position, however, I don't care about experience, Evans could not answer the call at RG and struggled in preseason against backups.

Not sure why the Rams keep leaning on Evans, hoping the light comes on. Tremayne Anchrum seems to be the guy I would go to, but his experience in college & at this level has been on the right side only, so maybe that played into it as well. Moving forward I'm not comfortable with Evans at all and swallowed hard when he entered the game.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've seen him do super poorly but I wonder if they really would cut him this season. I would imagine they'll see who is cut around the league. Crazy how far he's gone since even a couple weeks ago.

Gone ? I’d say The Rams never were looking to bring in another Offensive Lineman.

I’d say The Rams offensive line is amazing in the sense of there roster.
They have an abundance of office lineman.

I guess it’s the old Squirrel mentality for winter.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well I guess where ever you heard that your sources were wrong.

Shelton came in for Brian Allen.

Bobby Evans came in for David Edwards.
Noteboom was playing RT on a 6 man line. I deleted the recording so can’t go into more detail.

I liked the New Game Plan & Arizona is in Trouble. I watched that Green Bay Zona game. — Zona’s run D is crap.
Yes I believe that was the perfect storm with Allen getting hurt & Noteboom in the game is why they went to Evans at LG because of his experience. Not a fan of Evans as IMO, he's lazy just an observation and although a 3rd round pick, has not developed into a reliable reserve, let alone someone you can count on to start.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO, Shelton is the first one off he bench, so if Allen did not get hurt, I believe Shelton would have replaced Edwards. Was shocked they went with Evans to replace Edwards, my feeling is they went with Evans because he has experience playing that position, however, I don't care about experience, Evans could not answer the call at RG and struggled in preseason against backups.

Not sure why the Rams keep leaning on Evans, hoping the light comes on. Tremayne Anchrum seems to be the guy I would go to, but his experience in college & at this level has been on the right side only, so maybe that played into it as well. Moving forward I'm not comfortable with Evans at all and swallowed hard when he entered the game.

The Rams first TD against Jags they went to the left side.Came close to holding which would have been horrible. The fact is your right about Shelton being the replacement for Allen,but not sure about Edwards.
Shelton played well enough that he might get the start against Arizona? I could see The Rams giving Brian Allen a week off ? Didn’t hear injury report,so bad on my part.
I also think Shelton would be the better player at LG. Then again thought Noteboom would have played LG.
I still think Noteboom should be the next O’Lineman up.I really like this 6 OLman set with Noteboom playing RT. I always liked when Kromer cross trained with J.Brown & Havienstien.
Just to add how good Havenstien has been playing for most of the season.His weakness is pass blocking,but add Noteboom next to him where he can still do his thing as RT. DUDE is a MAULER & Noteboom has some nastiness.
Saw Shelton pancake some guy. Bummed I eased that Jags & GB game.
Cheers Go Rams

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes I believe that was the perfect storm with Allen getting hurt & Noteboom in the game is why they went to Evans at LG because of his experience. Not a fan of Evans as IMO, he's lazy just an observation and although a 3rd round pick, has not developed into a reliable reserve, let alone someone you can count on to start.

He held up last year at LG when The Rams needed Evans the most.Then again he had a good feel at RT in 2019 which I still think back to Wade day’s & Rapp & RAMsey let a 3-18 against the Niners get completed by both being up by the line of scrimmage. Les Snead believes The Rams had a chance still to win it all.
I know I still liked that Rams team. Fowler & Clay Matthews we’re a couple guys I liked as Edge (OLB) edge rushers.

This week against Arizona should be Fun coach D

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
IMO, Noteboom is the first one off he bench if not at Center. But Boom was playing RT with the 6 man front, so if Allen did not get hurt, I believe Shelton would have replaced Edwards with Boom playing the 6th OL. Was shocked they went with Evans to replace Edwards, my feeling is they went with Evans because he has experience playing that position, however, I don't care about experience, Evans could not answer the call at RG and struggled in preseason against backups.

I think experience and fit are the biggest drivers with Evans being the first interior (non-center) backup are the main factors. I'm intrigued by Anchrum, but his pre-season was just okay, nothing special.
It will be very interesting to see what happens this offseason.. to they pay Corbett? Or will Evans/Anchrum/Jackson or Brewer be the new starting RG? Maybe a Rookie?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think experience and fit are the biggest drivers with Evans being the first interior (non-center) backup are the main factors. I'm intrigued by Anchrum, but his pre-season was just okay, nothing special.
It will be very interesting to see what happens this offseason.. to they pay Corbett? Or will Evans/Anchrum/Jackson or Brewer be the new starting RG? Maybe a Rookie?

Yeah - it’s always interesting.Who knows Whitworth might comeback?
This week he just turned 40. I know that number was a goal & age he wanted to play to. I remember all the doubters of him not even making through his first contract. So YES Monday Night will be very special & The Rams are going to want to WIN this one for him & make a statement.

I can’t really look forward to much because this is The Heart of The Season. Winter & Christmas.2021 is a whole new year for the future of The NFL. 17 game season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well like I thought Brian(your favorite) Allen is out against Arizona Monday Night.
I saw Coleman Shelton just pancake some guy on the Jags. This 6 Man Front IMO was designed to be rolled out to BEAT Arizona!! I saw Minnesota Vikings run it Thursday Nite.
Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on it.
To add last year against GB in the Playoff game Cam Akers ran 7 wildcat plays with Jared Goff at WR.
That Cooper Kupp almost TD pass was cool to Can Jefferson.
Bringing this up just as examples of Mcvay & coaching staff always working hard & be it prepared.I know a lot of folks want to keep on Morris & the D’ -
—I’ll also add B. Hopkins will line up outside as a WR/TE that Jacob Harris was visioned on.Koski is out & had his 2 games from the P/S. This will only add to the strength of the running game.
Is HENDO out for Covid ? That leaves only Sony & Mehki Sergeant at RB.Sergeant actually got a carry last Sunday.
My point is I put Sony on my fantasy team & he is going to go for over 100 yards 2 games in a row.The Rams offensive line is going(is) to be a Power Run team.HENDO will get his rest & Cam Akers will be getting back healthy.
The Rams have a lot of depth up front & will be ready to keep this train going till February.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We can call this thread whatever we want.

I still call it is Sean Mcvay The Best Coach ever ???

This was asked 3 years ago & his legacy continues. His career has already been great. DV is going into the HOF. Yet Mcvay is still only 37.

Sean Mcvay weather only wants to go back to the WEST OFFENSE & Bill Walsh’s coach Tree. If you rattle it enough a Little Sean Mcvay might even fall out as a SEED. That is where his DNA starter with his Grandfather.

As we who believe in SEED(weed) & DNA. Sean Mcvay no matter how you want to Roll it up has an amazing coaching tree.

His coaching & mentoring of MEN & Woman a off the Charts.

Go Rams!! Hope Coach Sean Mcvay adds his first SuperBowl to his resume & to his LEGACY!!

I thank him & only good wishes. He is The GREATEST RAMS coach IMO of all time. I think he has many seasons left to hopefully be The Beat Coach if ALLTIME. I think his coaching tree just keeps producing annually & the growth is unbelievable. Zach Taylor is just another example today.