Rams New Offensive Coordinator - Liam Coen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It will be interesting to see some fresh new wrinkles. As long as we do not regress (again) on OL, I expect big things from Akers next season, and a jump in offensive production overall

It’s interesting to hear question marks emerge from KC on Bieniemy when I imagine they will be keen to resign him! Still, it appears the Rams are not interested which I do find surprising considering he I’d from the west coast tree

The mooted candidates all look like exciting hires so it will be interesting to see who wins out. It could still be Brown but it doesn’t appear so

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Appreciate not the right thread but has anyone heard anything about Henderson DL coach yet? I am hoping we resign him as I know how close to AD he is (and he has done a stellar job with SJD, Gaines and Robinson)

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Appreciate not the right thread but has anyone heard anything about Henderson DL coach yet? I am hoping we resign him as I know how close to AD he is (and he has done a stellar job with SJD, Gaines and Robinson)
Thought he was getting looked at for DC in College?

Also, I really like this Liam Coen hiring.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Guess we will hear from Snead & McVay @ some time today.....

So two teams took 6 of McVay's coaches.

Keep hearing 2021 season's assistant QB coach & before that, the assistant wide receiver coach Zac Robinson might drop the assistant in his title to QB coach or get the title of Passing game coordinator?

Greg Olson has a ton of experience as an Offensive Coordinator & Quarterback coach not sure where he ends up. Breer noted that Greg Olson will return to the staff as an offensive assistant.

Might Offensive Assistant Nick Jones be promoted to Tight Ends coach?

We know that Chris Beake is the Ram's new LB coach not sure about what's up with Chris Shula?? who was the Rams LB coach?

VACANT Coaching positions
Tight End
Secondary coach
Assitant Defensive Line
Offensive Assitant

The offensive Coordinator is now Liam Coen?

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So two teams took 6 of McVay's coaches.
I was going to ask you who the 6th coach was because I had counted five confirmed departures thus far in Evero, Dixon, Stukes, O'Connell and Phillips.

Did a quick check before hitting Send, and saw that Chris O'Hara appears to have joined O'Connell in MN.

Good catch!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was going to ask you who the 6th coach was because I had counted five confirmed departures thus far in Evero, Dixon, Stukes, O'Connell and Phillips.

Did a quick check before hitting Send, and saw that Chris O'Hara appears to have joined O'Connell in MN.

Good catch!
Currently, I am real foggy as to how all this will land.

On the question of Chris Shula ............it could be that McVay & Morris have decided to go back to having the LB'ing cadre being divided again.

Chris Shula goes back to coaching the Outside Linebackers & new defensive coach Beake coaches the Interior LB'ers unit. Shula has assisted with the defensive line when he was coaching with the Chargers in 2016.

Our OLB'ers do play a much heavier role in conjunction with the DL than many other teams.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We did the Euro Soccer deal with Coen. Sent him out for a year on loan to get some good experience and brought him back after a monster year.

fearsomefour

Legend
Here is the way I prefer to look at it. There is no owner in the NFL that is willing to give up wins on the basis of race…they want butts in the seats. If some are that narrow, then let them suffer with perennially bad coaching and let the Merit based organizations reap the benefits. I don’t want to slide down the slope of “this guy or that guy” would have been hired by now if only his color was correct. Greed drives people more than social justice…
"Greed is good."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again, its business as usual for McVay. He sees a new staff as a positive, not the negative which people seem to have. Lost 3 he couldnt block, and lost 3 that he could have. The offensive staff seems to be a pretty nice upgrade IMO

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Again, its business as usual for McVay. He sees a new staff as a positive, not the negative which people seem to have. Lost 3 he couldnt block, and lost 3 that he could have. The offensive staff seems to be a pretty nice upgrade IMO

Yeah, I’m kinda pumped about both the Coen hire and getting Greg Olsen back.

TBH, I think they might both be upgrades.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Shouldn't the headline read: "Rams hire future Detroit Lions Head Coach Liam Coen as Offensive Coordinator" (or something to that effect)? :)