Rams making roster move?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
No waived QB's signed by the Rams....

The Unemployed

Landry Jones
Paxton Lynch
Connor Cook
EJ Manuel
Christian Hackenberg
EJ is the only one that interests me on that list and only because of starting experience.
Overall, I would pass, pun intended.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I Would try and get EJ Manuel. He couldn’t be worse than what we currently got with Mannion and Allen. I’d give it a shoot, he might strive under McVay.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Manuel and Lynch intrigue me, however, as I've said on other threads - McVay must think he has the best options at #2 currently.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think they are set until they have to make another corrsponding move in two weeks with Jamon Brown coming off suspension and I expect DT Tanzel Smart to be the casualty barring injury.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Making room for Aaron Donald.
Right now the Rams have a roster exemption for him.
He can play while on the exemption list, but you could be right if they decided to take him off. Now we wait and see. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Manuel and Lynch intrigue me, however, as I've said on other threads - McVay must think he has the best options at #2 currently.
I've never seen Scouts that were able to find defensive backs like the Rams have been doing for the last 5-6 years.
Especially the UDFAs.

A lot of great fill in players plugging holes short-term.

Picking up Robey-Coleman.
Picking up John Johnson and Lamarcus Joyner earlier than expected worked out very well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I've never seen Scouts that were able to find defensive backs like the Rams have been doing for the last 5-6 years.
Especially the UDFAs.

A lot of great fill in players plugging holes short-term.

Picking up Robey-Coleman.
Picking up John Johnson and Lamarcus Joyner earlier than expected worked out very well.
True but our four safeties now are not UDFA's. They are 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 6th rd draft selections. Rams are set right now but next off season will be interesting in the safety unit due to LJ's UFA status.Might be a interesting twist with one of the corners we have now. I would expect that the scouts you were speaking of will be busy this season because there will be needs in this DB unit next season.

Of the Rams DB's they will have five presently signed DB's entering Free Agency in March in 2019:

Sam Shields UFA
Blake Countess RFA
Kevin Peterson ERFA
Troy Hill UFA
Lamarcu Joyner UFA

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/los-angeles-rams/

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I guess I misunderstood the roster exemption. I thought AD could play anyway - that we basically had a 54 man roster for a week. Maybe that’s not the case.

View: https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1037449065234157568?s=21

I believe that only applied if AD was not ready and available to play at the time of the 53 man cut down date. I’m not sure if they can hold that 54th spot until opening day or what. I don’t think the Rams will actually use the exemption but I could also have this mixed up.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
True but our four safeties now are not UDFA's. They are 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 6th rd draft selections.
I realize that, that is why I wrote; "a lot of great short-term players filling in holes".

I'm particularly impressed with the Lamarcus Joyner and John Johnson III picks as far as the draft picks.

UDFAs and scrappy players that I was particularly impressed with include;
Troy Hill
Dominique Hatfield
Isaiah Johnson
Kevin Peterson

But it goes back even further with players like;
Cody Davis
Michael Jordan
Marcus Roberson

Late round picks like EJ Gaines.

Pretty impressive overall.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I believe that only applied if AD was not ready and available to play at the time of the 53 man cut down date. I’m not sure if they can hold that 54th spot until opening day or what. I don’t think the Rams will actually use the exemption but I could also have this mixed up.
I think the AD exemption lasted until Monday. May they just released I Johnson early to give him a better chance to make another team's 53.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Great Place for him.
Yeah they need to start finding a replacement for Cam Newton.

It sounds like I'm kidding but I think he's a on a bit of a short leash if he keeps showing this major propensity to choke during big games.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
It seems you have this as clearly figured out as I do.:confused:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So they cut him and didn’t remove ADs roster exemption then resigned Isaiah? Interesting

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
So they cut him and didn’t remove ADs roster exemption then resigned Isaiah? Interesting
what do you mean "Interesting?" I find it confusing. It can't be both confusing and interesting! By the way, what's interesting about it?:effemine: