Rams making roster move?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I expected a potential move after week 1 when veteran contracts aren’t guaranteed. Not sure what this timing means.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Still wouldn't mind them grabbing a bu QB, CB and OT in that order.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
No waived QB's signed by the Rams....

The Unemployed

Landry Jones
Paxton Lynch
Connor Cook
EJ Manuel
Christian Hackenberg

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
No waived QB's signed by the Rams....

The Unemployed

Landry Jones
Paxton Lynch
Connor Cook
EJ Manuel
Christian Hackenberg
Bring in Cook so he can give Wade the low down on what the Ray-Ders are going to try and run against the defense.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
He's been around for a while, I hope he is still eligible.

Don't think so.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/...ibility-pay-rules-changing-teams-what-to-know

Eligibility
Not all players are eligible for a practice squad, especially if they’ve been in the NFL for several years and/or played in a number of games. In 2016, the NFL adopted a modification to the practice squad rules that allows up to four players per practice squad to have two accrued seasons, making it easier for teams to have experienced players on their practice squad. In the previous agreement, only two players with two accrued seasons were allowed to be on a practice squad.

Other than those four players, eligibility is limited to players who have been on an active roster for fewer than six games, or were on a 46-man active gameday roster for fewer than nine games.

A player is allowed on the practice squad for up to two years, with one year counting as six weeks in a season. A third year on the practice squad is only allowed if the team keeps 53 players on their active roster at all times (which every team does).

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...tions-roster-depth-chart-waive-isaiah-johnson

A free agent who came beyond the 2015 NFL Draft, Johnson originally signed with the Detroit Lions before landing in St. Louis a year later. He has since bounced between the practice squad and active roster for the last three years. He played in four games and logged a single tackle in last year’s Week 17 game against the San Francisco 49ers that featured the Rams’ backups.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

hmmm, tough choice for the rams. johnson or donald.

Ram65

Legend
i thought I Johnson showed good improvement this preseason. He wasn't good last year.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
So this move means one of three things. One, the Rams are getting ready to bring Donald off the exempt status. Two, they're adding another play to take I. Johnson's place. Three, HellivIknow.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I bet he gets picked up within the next couple 3 weeks after somebody somewhere tweaks an ankle.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Not a fan of letting Johnson go..... I thought he had a future with us...showed it in the preseason last year.... had some solid tools..

I would have expected Justin Davis to be gone before him...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It would appear to me the Rams view the very young 22 yr olds safeties UDFA's Steven Parker & Ramon Richards to be something to build on. Isaiah Johnson is closing in on 27 yrs old. Joyner is already 27.Richards is close to IJ 's size whereas Parker is more of a deep/free safety type with a bit of Nickle corner in him.

Wade used a lot of safeties last season in his Nickle & Dime's but when you have four excellent veteran corners like we do presently there should be no reason to place lesser talents (safeties) in the field of play.