Rams Looking hard at DeVante Parker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Harrison was the smoothest athlete that I've ever seen at a live sporting event up close. And it's one of the reasons why you like to see players live. Film doesn't completely catch that. Never has.

Athos

Legend
I don't even know why you're arguing man. Sometimes I think you argue for the sake of it.

You just said it doesn't matter how a WR wins at the end of the day, just that he does.

Megatron is such a freak of nature athletically, that crisp routes don't matter. The smaller guys need that route and short area quickness to win because they aren't gifted like Calvin is physically.

And guys that are 6'5 and weigh almost 240 LBs aren't going to be running the routes guys like Harrison, Holt, and Bruce are running.

And it's a fucking toss-up preference between the types of WRs. I like those big strong guys who can go up and snare the ball from DBs because it tends to help less talented QBs out more.

I will say though that guys like Holt, Harrison, Bruce's skillsets may have them playing longer because Megatron takes a beating out there because of his size.

Though I'd even say that Megatron is the type of WR who's technically open, even when he really isn't. Which is why you have Stafford force-feeding Megatron the ball, even when he shouldn't.

You are right about Megatron not being in even the top 5 yet, but that's a matter of longevity right now. If he can play 14ish seasons like the rest of the top guys, he'll wind up there.

But seriously. What the fuck are we even arguing about?

Memphis Ram

Legend
C'mon @jrry32 think. You arguing as if I've slighted Holt and Harrison (two of my favorite NFL WRs btw) by rating them below Calvin Johnson whom you even call an elite future HOFer.

And now you are throwing stats out there as if they tell the whole story. BTW, I noticed in doing so, that you've totally disregarded the STUD receiving AND rushing threat(s) that defenses ALSO had to account for in Edgerrin James (Marshall Faulk/ Steven Jackson for Holt).

But, I'm done here. Both Holt and Harrison were stud WRs. But, they simply weren't a rare stud WR like Calvin Johnson. And neither is Amari Cooper who might not even turn out to be the best WR in this draft class. Thus, I wouldn't trade up for him. I'm done here. Turn out lights when you are finished.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't even know why you're arguing man. Sometimes I think you argue for the sake of it.

You just said it doesn't matter how a WR wins at the end of the day, just that he does.

Megatron is such a freak of nature athletically, that crisp routes don't matter. The smaller guys need that route and short area quickness to win because they aren't gifted like Calvin is physically.

And guys that are 6'5 and weigh almost 240 LBs aren't going to be running the routes guys like Harrison, Holt, and Bruce are running.

And it's a freaking toss-up preference between the types of WRs. I like those big strong guys who can go up and snare the ball from DBs because it tends to help less talented QBs out more.

I will say though that guys like Holt, Harrison, Bruce's skillsets may have them playing longer because Megatron takes a beating out there because of his size.

Though I'd even say that Megatron is the type of WR who's technically open, even when he really isn't. Which is why you have Stafford force-feeding Megatron the ball, even when he shouldn't.

You are right about Megatron not being in even the top 5 yet, but that's a matter of longevity right now. If he can play 14ish seasons like the rest of the top guys, he'll wind up there.

But seriously. What the freak are we even arguing about?

The argument is about whether or not a guy like Cooper is worth trading up for based on talent. Memphis's contention is that he doesn't have the right skill-set to present a big enough match-up problem for it to be worth it (i.e. he's not an once in a generation physical freak). I disagree.

As far as the big guys go, I don't necessarily agree with that either. Gotta consider that the great route runners get a lot of separation which gives the less talented QBs a lot more margin for error on throws and allows them to really lean on those guys on a number of different routes.

C'mon @jrry32 think. You arguing as if I've slighted Holt and Harrison (two of my favorite NFL WRs btw) by rating them below Calvin Johnson whom you even call an elite future HOFer.

And now you are throwing stats out there as if they tell the whole story. BTW, I noticed in doing so, that you've totally disregarded the STUD receiving AND rushing threat(s) that defenses ALSO had to account for in Edgerrin James (Marshall Faulk/ Steven Jackson for Holt).

But, I'm done here. Both Holt and Harrison were stud WRs. But, they simply weren't a rare stud WR like Calvin Johnson. And neither is Amari Cooper who might not even turn out to be the best WR in this draft class. Thus, I wouldn't trade up for him. I'm done here. Turn out lights when you are finished.

That's where we differ. Holt and Harrison were rare stud WRs like Calvin Johnson. Even if they didn't have the same athletic profile. Jerry Rice, the rarest stud of all at WR, didn't fit that athletic profile either. He was 6'2" and ran a 4.59 in the 40 IIRC.

But if you asked me whether I'd rather have Rice or Johnson, it's not a question. Yes, Calvin was difficult to cover but Rice could beat you in any way he wanted to.

People undervalue what Holt and Harrison were exceptional at...but it made them unbelievably productive and consistent in their primes.

Athos

Legend
The argument is about whether or not a guy like Cooper is worth trading up for based on talent. Memphis's contention is that he doesn't have the right skill-set to present a big enough match-up problem for it to be worth it (i.e. he's not an once in a generation physical freak). I disagree.

Ah. I completely missed a bunch then. I still have him on ignore. Yes, Cooper is worth trading up for imo. Of that there is no argument.