Rams Looking hard at DeVante Parker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It wasn't a broken toe. He broke a bone in his foot. And I felt like he was favoring it a tad in some of the games I watched.

My dad broke his heel, and my sister broke her toe. The toe heeled well but still hurts. My Dads heel swells, his whole ankle swells. Too much time walking on uneven surfaces can cause him to sit for the second half of the day. Heels are harder to heal than toes but a foot bone is somewhere in between. I would be concerned that it could affect his play over a much longer season, especially when adding playoff games.

Parker is much younger than my dad was and my sister was when they broke their bones, so maybe the affects of arthritis and such won't bother him, but I wouldn't bet on it. And he has to run on that foot. They best scrutinize that injury to the fullest if they want to pick him at 10.

Athos

Legend
Parker is much younger than my dad was and my sister was when they broke their bones, so maybe the affects of arthritis and such won't bother him, but I wouldn't bet on it. And he has to run on that foot. They best scrutinize that injury to the fullest if they want to pick him at 10.

Hell, Julio Jones ran the 40 with a broken foot. And it hasn't really been his foot that's had him injured in the NFL unless I just can't remember. It's been other nagging injuries lately.

Age does matter. With age, you just don't have the same repair abilities you get younger in life. That's why they say it's always better to break a bone early in life than late. The bones can actually get stronger. They also have to heal right.

paceram

Pro Bowler
DeVante Parker - WR - Player
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora believes Louisville WR DeVante Parker could be a top-10 pick.

Parker is considered by many to be the No. 3 receiver in this class behind Amari Cooper and Kevin White, but some NFL evaluators have Parker ahead of White and not far behind Cooper. "Parker is the kind of kid who could go to the right spot and put up 1,200 receiving yards as a rookie," one personnel man said. "He's that good." The Rams and Vikings pick Nos. 10 and 11, respectively, and are said to be looking hard at Parker. At 6'3/209, he's a first-round lock.

Source: CBS Sports
Apr 10 - 12:16 PM

I do like Parker and I think the Rams will have a hard time passing up Cooper or White if they somehow are available when the Rams pick but I really do think the Rams need to finally take care of their offensive line. So, unless they manage to sign two or three quality FA offensive linemen (Which, I am not real optimistic about right now) I think they need to draft the best offensive lineman (Scherff, Peat, Collins, etc) with their top pick and then pick another one in round 2 or 3 (Just My Personal Opinion!).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hell, Julio Jones ran the 40 with a broken foot. And it hasn't really been his foot that's had him injured in the NFL unless I just can't remember. It's been other nagging injuries lately.

Age does matter. With age, you just don't have the same repair abilities you get younger in life. That's why they say it's always better to break a bone early in life than late. The bones can actually get stronger. They also have to heal right.

But it also matters where the break was. The blood supply to the heel is very poor. So if the break was close to the heel it is much slower to heal and has a higher chance of arthritis. At least that is what the orthopedic doctor told my dad.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Not excited about Parker at 10. Cooper or White, ok but if not I'd go OL

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
On the depth of first-round talent: In a good year there might be 22-24 players who have true first-round grades. This year I've had execs tell me they can't get to 20 in some cases, and some teams struggle to find 16 kids who truly merit first-round grades. Could make the back end of the first round a real crapshoot, with so much beauty in the eye of the beholder, and dependent on the type of scheme a team runs …
Just my opinion, But I have a hard time believing this^! Just at a quick scan of my personal Board I have OVER 32! Could this just be pre Draft BS, to try and fake other teams out!

jjab360

Legend
Just my opinion, But I have a hard time believing this^! Just at a quick scan of my personal Board I have OVER 32! Could this just be pre Draft BS, to try and fake other teams out!
That wouldn't make much sense as a smokescreen, they probably just grade differently than you do..

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That wouldn't make much sense as a smokescreen, they probably just grade differently than you do..
I'm not sure. If one team can get another team questioning the validity of their board, who knows what's possible!!

iced

I like Parker a lot - and would be just fine with him at #10...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Think its entirely possible CGI. White and Cooper are consensus top 10, and Parkers so good someone might not want to miss out on him either (that might be us!). Personally, if White and Cooper are gone I'd take the Scherff (or Peat? - I'm not sold on him. Something to do with his body shape doesn't add up to me) but I wouldn't be too upset if they took this guy.

iced

Makes you wonder if it's possible 3 WR go top 9.

doubt it - lot of the teams 5-9 are pretty good at WR and have bigger needs elsewhere, particularly on the d-line

and Mariota could go there...wouldn't rule out chicago there either

T-Hawks

UDFA
Devante Parker is the best WR in this draft class. He has proven it year after year that he can produce. He has great height, speed, and athleticism. He can do it all, and he has a giant wingspan, and can make contested catches. I don't want to touch Kevin White. He is a one year wonder. Amari Cooper can run nice routes and is crisp, but he has never shown me to be that physical. He has never had to make tough catches. I like what I have seen from Parker and he has even produced this year playing with a bad quaterback.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Devante Parker is the best WR in this draft class. He has proven it year after year that he can produce. He has great height, speed, and athleticism. He can do it all, and he has a giant wingspan, and can make contested catches. I don't want to touch Kevin White. He is a one year wonder. Amari Cooper can run nice routes and is crisp, but he has never shown me to be that physical. He has never had to make tough catches. I like what I have seen from Parker and he has even produced this year playing with a bad quaterback.

Torry and Isaac were never that physical either. And yes, Cooper has had to make tough catches.

As for White? There's plenty of wideouts that aren't one-year wonders that have busted badly in the first round and second rounds. I'd rather take a guy whose comparison is Larry Fitz (White) than a guy whose ceiling is Jordy Nelson (Parker).

Again, I wouldn't be upset with Parker if Cooper, White, and Peat aren't there...but only after a trade down. He's not top ten worthy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ke-the-screw-in-his-surgically-repaired-foot/

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
while this group isn't as top heavy as last year's record receiver crop, it has plenty of intriguing possibilities and several instances in which beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I'd put the top 5 of 2015 against the top 5 wr's in 2014...The prevalence of 7 on 7 passing leagues has the average wr of today ready to compete at a much higher level than 10 years ago...White, DGB, Parker are studs...freaks...matchup nightmares..I could care less about learning routes...the guy at Tampa and the dude at Carolina just get open, and if not open just say throw me the damn ball...don't over complicate this fact....you still have to compete for most balls while in the air, White, Parker, Cooper, Strong, DGB, Agohlor, Perriman, Coates...it's about 5 I've left off, that can go for over 1000 yards if placed in the right system....

V3

Hall of Fame
Everything I've read/heard is that this draft is pretty weak. Last year had the most underclassmen declare ever so it would make sense that this year would be a little weak. Even the Rams have said one of the reasons they were willing to give up the draft picks for Barron was due to the relative weakness of this draft class.

Memphis Ram

Legend

It's the same just about every year. We hear that there are anywhere from 16-25 or so players rated a 1st rounders by NFL teams and that the next 20-40 players are basically interchangeable. And I agree via my imaginary draft board. Your personal draft board is simply very generous.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
If he's really all that & a bag of chips, I'd rather take him & the Duke OG in the 2nd, than take an OG in the 1st & DGB in the 2nd.
If all 3 WR's are taken by #10 (i.e. if the vikes move up to #8 or #9 or something) I'll be pretty bummed. Scherff might be a good consolation prize, if he's even still there at #10.
I'll tell you what, though, I'm incredibly intrigued by this draft. I love the thought of talent falling in our laps, or the mystery of whether Snead might move up to get White or Cooper. I love this a whole lot better than picking #1 / #2 & worrying whether they're going to turn into a bust.

The presence of DeVante Parker practically guarantees that Snead will not even THINK about trading up for either Cooper or White, JonRam99.

Frankly, I hope and pray that he doesn't trade up for anybody else, either.

Let the draft come to us, dammit! Even a trade down might be advantageous.

Memphis Ram

Legend
devante-parker-louisville-kentucky-1.gif