Rams Hire Raheem Morris as new DC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I imagine the Lions will be looking at Hill, and possibly going after Williams if he’s given a 2nd round tender.

A 2nd round tender is insane and the Rams deserve to lose Williams if they do that.

If Williams gets anything less than a first round tender, every team will be looking at him - and a few may even be tempted with a first round tender, depending on their cornerback situation.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
A 2nd round tender is insane and the Rams deserve to lose Williams if they do that.
No doubt. He did make some mistakes down the stretch but the guy has ball skills and he can stick without being too handsy. That's a very desired corner in today's NFL right there.

I do expect a first round tender. Just be glad you have him for another season while you make room for it lol.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
then you’d lose him in a heartbeat...

Two points: (1) we have the option to match the contract, and (2) losing Williams for a second isn't something that would devastate me.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I just think he’s far more valuable than a 2nd... unless the got a STUD C/OG targeted and even then...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two points: (1) we have the option to match the contract, and (2) losing Williams for a second isn't something that would devastate me.
Why wouldnt you go with the 1st round tender? Is saving 1.3 mill in salary worth losing him over? 4.6 mill vs 3.3 mill?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just think he’s far more valuable than a 2nd... unless the got a STUD C/OG targeted and even then...

Nets you a 2nd to send for Watson... Come on, Mac... you don’t really want Watson, do you?

I don’t want to lose Williams, either... so just jabbing you.:biggrin:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Watson’s my first choice. Goff’s my second. If we legit roll with Wolford... it’s gonna be a tough year...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watson’s my first choice. Goff’s my second. If we legit roll with Wolford... it’s gonna be a tough year...
As long as Goff is still on the team he won't be on the bench behind Wolford for long not that he should be anyways.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Anxious to see what his wrinkles are on the defense.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

1 year is a small sample size to assess Williams if he's a great #2 DB; playing opposite of Ramsey certainly has its perks. I wouldn't mind the 2nd rounder if the Rams bite on it since they know much better than we do.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
1 year is a small sample size to assess Williams if he's a great #2 DB; playing opposite of Ramsey certainly has its perks. I wouldn't mind the 2nd rounder if the Rams bite on it since they know much better than we do.
Would give us 2 second rounders to move up in the 1st if a guy we like falls too... But hypothetically I'd rather have 2 2nds than 1 1st.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

We may be forced to do that if for no other reasons than cap space.

I don't know as of what day the Rams have to be in cap compliance.

I dunno if it's as of the 1st day of the league year or the 1st day of the season?

I know the measure at first is to only count the top 51 contracts, but yeah... knowing that date would help.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don't know as of what day the Rams have to be in cap compliance.

I dunno if it's as of the 1st day of the league year or the 1st day of the season?

Without checking, I believe it's the first day of the 2021 League Year.

Something all Rams' fans should be watching for is the official announcement of the 2021 Salary Cap.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Without checking, I believe it's the first day of the 2021 League Year.

Something all Rams' fans should be watching for is the official announcement of the 2021 Salary Cap.

I'm worried that the owners put out $175M and the NFLPA only came back with $180M.

I really think that freezing the cap for 3 years to allow the owners to recoup losses while not unduly impacting the product the league puts out is in the best interest of all, but freaking MBAs and corporate types are so ingrained with tax avoidance that they aren't thinking about the bigger picture.

COVID has people reconsidering their pasttimes.

As Target found out a long time ago with their analytics dept, if you act on good data you can affect change before anyone else.

Well, while I don't think there's a "great reset" I do think that a lot of entertainment and pasttime choices are being re-evaluated and many of those choices could have an impact for a generation.

Having the NFL go through a season as we exit COVID (Lord willing!) of teams having to dismantle their franchises is a great way to enable especially casual fans to explore other options.

Why do that when we could avoid that by simply using slightly different accounting procedures? That's really all it is. It's all accounting choices.

Also, the opportunity cost of not employing a freeze is that under the CBA, the players get a percentage of revenues, so once the new TV deals kick in, the cap will jump and there will be a temporary inflationary period that can be just as disruptive if not moreso than a cap reduction.

Skip if you know the Target analytics story. So, in their search for how to get people to shop at their grocery depts in their Super Stores, they realized that people generally only change grocery stores after a move, after a baby's born and after a divorce...but by the time they get that info, it's already happened. So they explored how to find out earlier and used their loyalty card purchasing data to see if they could figure it out.

They discerned 40 products that women buy in the first trimester of pregnancy and set a search algorithm to find anyone who purchased any 3 of those 40 products at one time. If they met the search criteria they would send both a regular Target mailer as well as a grocery mailer with pregnancy/newborn coupons. Well, turns out they were exceptional choices because a Tennessee father stormed into his neighborhood Target asking loudly why his 16 year old daughter was getting stuff for pregnancy from Target. The manager apologized profusely and the father swore to take it up with Corporate. A week later the father came in and apologized to the store manager because his daughter confessed to in fact being pregnant.

Analytics is powerful stuff...