Rams Grab Kicker Matt Gay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Good thing his miss didnt cost them the game

Wow, you're the only person saying that. I guess you've got a thing for dudes in glasses. I know San Fran fans lean that way
tenor.gif

Corbin

Let’s see, in his last game:
4 of 6 kickoffs for touchbacks
3 for 3 on extra points
Remains perfect from 30-39 by hitting
Misses 53 harder, pulled left in to the wind
So it’s time to get rid of him?
What a joke
Body language? That’s like the the nonsense people give Goff when they say he’s not an intense leader
Meanwhile, Zuerlein is shanking XP’s and Liram was so impressive in TC that he can’t even land a practice squad gig somewhere.

Lol, really.
Since they moved XP back, he's at 90%, has missed 10 out of 102
He's decent at 30-39 89%
Marginal at 50+ 63%
Deplorable at touchback % 39%

But hey, he's got great body language and stuff
Hypothetically, Sloman could throw a game winning TD pass, make a game winning tackle or even throw a Yepremian INT returned for a TD
In reality, he's made 5 of his last 6 FG since his rough start, missing (barely) only a 53 yarder in to wind. I'm with you, I'm not sure why there is so much disdain for this guy. The Rams drafted him and felt he was best suited for the team, so he should have our support. Instead there seems to be almost hope that he fails so the "I told you so's" can come flying.
Weird...
But Blakenship doesnt have the leg for kickoffs? They prefer Sanchez and his 45.8 conversion rate?
Sanchez kicks off, not Blankenship. Only converted 45.8% of kickoffs for touchbacks. Only 11 of 24. Blankenship is 0 for 1
Sloman on the other hand gets criticized for "only" getting touchbacks on 63.6% (14 for 22)
No, I meant to quote you. You're banging the drum for Blankenship but if the team doesnt have him doing kickoffs its not an indication that hes got sufficient leg strength. And if you've followed the thread, Sloman has been bashed for his KO conversion rate
You mean opinions are opinions
Missing a 53 yarder in to the wind, (and not by much) is only criticized by Monday Morning Quarterbacks. And if your kicker doesnt have the leg strength to kick off in a dome, it surely doesnt breed confidence in what he will do with a long kick.
Sloman had back to back really good games and the only ones who would be doubting him right now are those who were pissed the Rams kept him over "their guy"
Do what? Sloman is the Rams kicker. And he’s been really good the last 2 games.
i couldn’t care less what Blankenship is doing
Did you see his 53 in to the wind in Buffalo? He had plenty of leg
Against the Giants, 3 of 4 kickoffs for touchbacks, other kick returned from the 5 yard line.
Against Washington, 4 of 6 kickoffs for touchback, the other 2 were returned from the goal line.
What exactly are you talking about?
Boy, you Niners fans sure get butt hurt when your team loses back to back games
I mean trolling over a kicker?
Jeesh
Right, he's not Legatron.
Sloman costs half as much, has missed the same amount of XP as Z and is better at kicking off for touchback
So he gets excuses but Sloman doesnt? Interesting.
Of course Z also kicked in a dome and the XP in 2012 was from the 2 yard line, but hey lets not include facts here...
Z was only 4 of 6 30-39, Sloman is already 5 for 5
Z despite his strong leg, (and kicking in a dome) only converted 37 of 67 kickoffs for a touchback (55.2%) Where Sloman is 18 of 28 (64.3%)
Zuerlein had some shaky rookie moments, and was worth keeping around. So far, the same can be said about Sloman.
Except it is an unequivocal fact that he wasnt the better option, Sloman is. Proof of which is that he is kicking on Sundays and Liram cant even get a practice squad gig
Kicking in Canada is meaningless, it's not NFL
I see your responses, and you excuse Z for x,y and z and dont care about things Sloman does better. Meaning, its is no way an honest comparison.
Zuerlein was shaky as a rookie, XP are irrelevant since nobody missed XP at that distance. And @OldSchool can speak for himself but I dont see where anyone is saying Sloman was "so much better", just that we gave Zuerlein a chance, give this kid a chance.
Zuerlein as a rookie made 15 of 17 kicks from 20-49 yards (88%). So far Sloman is 20 of 23 (87%)
Its fair to call it comparable
I'm with you.
No point any more. To be honest, if they cut Sloman tomorrow I wouldnt care. He's having what you would expect out of a rookie.
I would have liked Zuerlein back, but it was time to move on, and his results this year show that.
End of the day, I'll go with what McVay believes. Not only did he pick the kid, he didnt even put either of the other guys on the practice squad. That's a pretty solid commitment
1606094347349.png

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Early list of UFA Kickers... Their's a few I really like here: https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-free-agent-list/

PlayerPos.TeamNote
Zane GonzalezKARI
Cairo SantosKCHI
Eddy PineiroKCHIRFA
Randy BullockKCIN
Cody ParkeyKCLE
Matt PraterKDET
Michael BadgleyKLACRFA
Daniel CarlsonKLVRFA
Nick FolkKNE
Graham GanoKNYG
Ryan SuccopKTB
Stephen GostkowskiKTEN
Dustin HopkinsKWAS

Corbin

LOL I literally thought that was Jeff Fisher at first

Early list of UFA Kickers... Their's a few I really like here: https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-free-agent-list/

PlayerPos.TeamNote
Zane GonzalezKARI
Cairo SantosKCHI
Eddy PineiroKCHIRFA
Randy BullockKCIN
Cody ParkeyKCLE
Matt PraterKDET
Michael BadgleyKLACRFA
Daniel CarlsonKLVRFA
Nick FolkKNE
Graham GanoKNYG
Ryan SuccopKTB
Stephen GostkowskiKTEN
Dustin HopkinsKWAS
I likey some Gostkowski, unfortunately we are in some $ trouble this next offseason not knowing where the cap will be.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Let it go @Corbin . Neither Blankenship nor Sloman are on the team. I don't give a shit about them. Right now, I'm focused on who wins the kicking contest for the RAMS: Gay or MacGinnis.

Corbin

Let it go @Corbin . Neither Blankenship nor Sloman are on the team. I don't give a shit about them. Right now, I'm focused on who wins the kicking contest for the RAMS: Gay or MacGinnis.
Let it go and hold onto Gay?! Okay let’s do it! :shitlogo: GO RAMS!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
COLTS WIN!! COLTS WIN!! BLANKENSHIP SAVES THE DAY!!! 4/5 FG 2/2 XP KNOCK OFF NFC TOP SEED
View attachment 41172View attachment 41173View attachment 41174View attachment 41175View attachment 41176View attachment 41177View attachment 41178
View attachment 41179

Did you take and @dieterbrock the Jay Zygmunt scouting department classes?

asking for a friend.

Imagine if he didn't doink the 50 yarder because of his weak leg. Wouldn't have needed OT. You have a boner over a 39 yard FG? LOL. I'll give you that. As long as you attempt kicks of less than 45 yards, you can count on Blankenship to be fairly reliable. But that's replacement-level kicking. You're a funny man, Corbin. You absolutely love the Craig Dahl of Kickers. :ROFLMAO:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, that's because you're a Rams fan...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
COLTS WIN!! COLTS WIN!! BLANKENSHIP SAVES THE DAY!!! 4/5 FG 2/2 XP KNOCK OFF NFC TOP SEED
View attachment 41172View attachment 41173View attachment 41174View attachment 41175View attachment 41176View attachment 41177View attachment 41178
View attachment 41179

Did you take and @dieterbrock the Jay Zygmunt scouting department classes?

asking for a friend.
Please tell me your not serious here. Side note I also have a friend looking into colleges. How did this one treat you?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope I'm gay for Gay after the Bucs game lol.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Some people lack the ability to comprehend what others are saying. To him it seems that Blankenship having a weak leg and not being able to kick FG's reliably over about 42 yards and not also being able to kick off in the NFL means he's bad or as bad as Sloman was. It's ok we laugh at him and move on to the next subject hoping he'll eventually get up to speed with the rest of us. For the record most everybody he's insulting and spending half a day digging back through comments for absolutely no reason will tell you Blankenship is a very accurate kicker inside about 42 yards. He likely could be a good kicker for the Rams too until 2 or 3 years down the road when even Corbin is tired of having to have a gameday active roster spot for a 2nd kicker because we're not going to have Hekker kick off regularly and even more so he'll get tired of always punting in 30-40 yard range instead of trying long FG's.