Rams Future??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rams look to be picking inside or near the top ten of the second round. According to the trade calculator trading down to upper 50's and upper 80's is very close in value. I wouldn't mind seeing a trade down like that. 3 day 2 picks would fit with Snead's drafting strategy. Upper 50, mid 70 and upper 80's might get us some decent players.
I think this is very likely.
And.. with the way things look now.. I'd make two of those three oline and would be keeping 10 next season.. no matter what. I think Akers, Williams and a 4th round back will be serviceable.. maybe there's a bargain FA who could help at RB.
The corner situation is horrible. No idea how it got this bad, this fast.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Big Whit…we miss you.
I know this is beating a dead horse, but our future is dependent on signing, trading for, or drafting some difference makers on the o-line. Is there any free agents we can target/afford? I know our line suffered injuries but it's not like we have any really good players on the line. JAGS at best I feel. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not an expert. But we lose in the trenches ridiculously often

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Bottom line. How long before we are a contender again? We need a QB. In order to get that franchise QB it requires being awful for a few years in order to get that guy.

It could happen sooner than later. We are pretty much guaranteed to have a top 10 pick next year. The 2024 draft class should have three blue chip QBs assuming none come out early.

TexasRam

Legend
Rams look to be picking inside or near the top ten of the second round. According to the trade calculator trading down to upper 50's and upper 80's is very close in value. I wouldn't mind seeing a trade down like that. 3 day 2 picks would fit with Snead's drafting strategy. Upper 50, mid 70 and upper 80's might get us some decent players.
Cool, they can pick another Taylor Rapp or Tutu Atwell.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams need a lot more than just decent players to rebuild this roster. None of his 2022 draft selections have made any sizeable contributions to this roster other than possibly 6th rd pick Drion Kendrick filling in for 3 injured CB's.

Not sure Snead has much magic left & doing an overview of what work Snead/Mcvay have done I would not give him a passing grade on those 2nd thru 4th rd selections. It's been slim pickings since the Kupp 3rd rd selection. But the Ernest Jones pick appears solid this season. Other than that other 8 selections have done very little but sit. Most of the 2020 draft has spent most of their time injured on the IR or just out unhealthy

Highly doubtful Ram will resign any of the first 4 Snead picks of the 2019 draft class. IMO none will be starters on any other NFL team once they depart in March of next yr.

McVay might be hindering Snead more than I really know. McVay's lust for toys in the 2nd rd like RB Akers & WR Atwell has my concern turned up on high. His lack of interest in the last 4 drafts to get good solid OL'ers in here finally caught up with him and kicked his ass this season. It closed this team's "Championship Run Window " shut on this team's future real quick.

We’ll The Atwell pick hurt,because there was a need up front 2022.How The Rams front office didn’t see that was the problem.Center was a need after Austin Blythe left.
Bonifay’d we can go back & forth on this whole thing.I was NEVER EVER a poster who thinks(thought)Brian Allen could play guard. I also never thought Shelton Coleman was more than a solid G/C reserve.
Sean Mcvay showed how much The Rams needed a RG when The Rams drafted Bruss. To count on a 4th round Rookie is not a recipe for success in The NFL.
—Your TAKE on Bobby Evans shows how bad The Rams depth was with Bobby Evans making the roster.
IMO when it is all said & done The Rams should be better upfront for going through this tough season.That is if Noteboom & A’Jackson are healthy ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Cool, they can pick another Taylor Rapp or Tutu Atwell.

Yeah - just like when Les Snead traded up for both Tavon Austin & J Joyner.
The SAD thing was both those players were resigned & Joyner franchised.Crazy though that playing Joyner at FS made that much of a difference. Playing Austin at RB showed how bad Tavon’s WR skills were.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think this is very likely.
And.. with the way things look now.. I'd make two of those three oline and would be keeping 10 next season.. no matter what. I think Akers, Williams and a 4th round back will be serviceable.. maybe there's a bargain FA who could help at RB.
The corner situation is horrible. No idea how it got this bad, this fast.
Agree on the trade down scenario and I would say all 3 picks could be linemen either DL or OL. Need to beef up the trenches bigtime.

May even move back in rd 3 to get another 4th or early 5th. They need as many cracks at it as possible inside that top 125 or 150.

Could see a mini blow up by designating some vets with post June 1st cuts like Floyd & Wagner so they can free up as much space as possible next yr.

I know some say they can trade Floyd, but the only reason a guy like Quinn garnered a 4th was because the Bears ate his salary. The Rams can't do that and I don't see too many teams wanting to pick up Floyd's contract.

I hope they can bring back Gaines, but that's about it. Go add a solid vet RB and draft a RB in the 4th or 5th.

Maybe add a cheap vet edge and try to dig up a young guy who can play.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We’ll The Atwell pick hurt,because there was a need up front 2022.How The Rams front office didn’t see that was the problem.Center was a need after Austin Blythe left.
Bonifay’d we can go back & forth on this whole thing.I was NEVER EVER a poster who thinks(thought)Brian Allen could play guard. I also never thought Shelton Coleman was more than a solid G/C reserve.
Sean Mcvay showed how much The Rams needed a RG when The Rams drafted Bruss. To count on a 4th round Rookie is not a recipe for success in The NFL.
—Your TAKE on Bobby Evans shows how bad The Rams depth was with Bobby Evans making the roster.
IMO when it is all said & done The Rams should be better upfront for going through this tough season.That is if Noteboom & A’Jackson are healthy ?
Good day So Ram,

The OC going forwards from this point is one big question. Allen's only real positive season of play was 2021. This season has been bad for him from the start. He is in his 5th season after spending most all TC & PS nursing his damaged knee along with other ailments.

BA in 2022 has thus far only 242 snaps @ OC & was out again with his knee & thumb as of late. He only totaled only 612 snaps @ OC in his first 3 NFL seasons. Shelton started 2 gms for Allen last season for issues with Allen's elbow.

The Ram Org. would be wise not to consider Allen the starter in the future if they actually really do desire continuity in the OL. His best role now as a reserve. One element we do know now after 5 seasons he can not remain healthy as a starter.

Shelton's 1st season as a starter OC/OG has been disappointing for him & everyone else, but he could rebound due to he is NOT damaged goods as is Allen. I would keep Shelton @ starting OC & not make any changes for the rest of this bad season.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Agree on the trade down scenario and I would say all 3 picks could be linemen either DL or OL. Need to beef up the trenches bigtime.

May even move back in rd 3 to get another 4th or early 5th. They need as many cracks at it as possible inside that top 125 or 150.

Could see a mini blow up by designating some vets with post June 1st cuts like Floyd & Wagner so they can free up as much space as possible next yr.

I know some say they can trade Floyd, but the only reason a guy like Quinn garnered a 4th was because the Bears ate his salary. The Rams can't do that and I don't see too many teams wanting to pick up Floyd's contract.

I hope they can bring back Gaines, but that's about it. Go add a solid vet RB and draft a RB in the 4th or 5th.

Maybe add a cheap vet edge and try to dig up a young guy who can play.
If I'm reading right.. and I think I've misunderstood the "post June 1" cuts before.. cutting Floyd saves 15.5 million and Wagner 7.5? Costs 11 in dead money?
Definitely possible.

There's also the slight possibility lurking that this could all blow up this offseason.
Stafford is the first and biggest question right now.. he's been beat the fuck up this year... he's earned 300 million bucks ( I guess he'd have to give back 24-36 million if he retires) and has won a Super Bowl. It's absolutely not out of the question.

If he goes? They're fucked.
Does Donald come back to that?
Does McVay?
If those guys go.. don't you trade Ramsey for whatever you can recoup? Because.. I don't see him having fun in that situation.. and an unhappy Ramsey is a problem.

I guess I'm saying this offseason could go anywhere from perfect and putting them back in contention... to the end of the McVay era.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If I'm reading right.. and I think I've misunderstood the "post June 1" cuts before.. cutting Floyd saves 15.5 million and Wagner 7.5? Costs 11 in dead money?
Definitely possible.

There's also the slight possibility lurking that this could all blow up this offseason.
Stafford is the first and biggest question right now.. he's been beat the fuck up this year... he's earned 300 million bucks ( I guess he'd have to give back 24-36 million if he retires) and has won a Super Bowl. It's absolutely not out of the question.

If he goes? They're fucked.
Does Donald come back to that?
Does McVay?
If those guys go.. don't you trade Ramsey for whatever you can recoup? Because.. I don't see him having fun in that situation.. and an unhappy Ramsey is a problem.

I guess I'm saying this offseason could go anywhere from perfect and putting them back in contention... to the end of the McVay era.
Yeah, if Stafford goes, they all go, except hopefully McVay sticks around. If so I wouldn't be surprised if they turn it around pretty fast. Any decent vet QB who is on the market would jump at the opportunity to play here and they would have some fire power in acquired picks to move up in 24' for a QB.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Bottom line. How long before we are a contender again? We need a QB. In order to get that franchise QB it requires being awful for a few years in order to get that guy.

It could happen sooner than later. We are pretty much guaranteed to have a top 10 pick next year. The 2024 draft class should have three blue chip QBs assuming none come out early.

That link shows Young and Stroud, who are almost assuredly going into the draft this year. Who I drool over is Caleb Williams. That guy is a stud IMO. Would look great in horns and wouldn't need to move far.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good day So Ram,

The OC going forwards from this point is one big question. Allen's only real positive season of play was 2021. This season has been bad for him from the start. He is in his 5th season after spending most all TC & PS nursing his damaged knee along with other ailments.

BA in 2022 has thus far only 242 snaps @ OC & was out again with his knee & thumb as of late. He only totaled only 612 snaps @ OC in his first 3 NFL seasons. Shelton started 2 gms for Allen last season for issues with Allen's elbow.

The Ram Org. would be wise not to consider Allen the starter in the future if they actually really do desire continuity in the OL. His best role now as a reserve. One element we do know now after 5 seasons he can not remain healthy as a starter.

Shelton's 1st season as a starter OC/OG has been disappointing for him & everyone else, but he could rebound due to he is NOT damaged goods as is Allen. I would keep Shelton @ starting OC & not make any changes for the rest of this bad season.

Agree - Shelton & Allen should play Center only & backup guard only on game day as a reserve.
The Rams signed Allen,Noteboom & Shelton. The Sad part was not drafting a O’Lineman to replace any of them as well as Whitworth & Corbett who were the best Rams lineman? Just say Austin Corbett because he got signed away for a nice pay day.
—What happens in the future? Good guess?

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

i agree with what you are saying about allen but noteboom is probably worse as far as injuries.

oldnotdead

Legend
Why trade down and get a developmental player? This team needs an edge, hell maybe a QB. They should be able to get a pretty good edge in the upper half of the first round. The same can be said for an OG.

The projected starters for the OL aren't a bad group. No team in the NFL could have survived the number of key player injuries the Rams have suffered. IMO I say once again they need to look at their conditioning staff. A few injuries each season is normal. But this number in only one half of a season is a huge red flag of a problem.

Snead and maybe even Kroenke need to step in and tell McVay his buddy Raheem must go. Anyone who thinks this good enough defensive scheme is good enough needs to consider how Raheem is squandering AD last two years. Morris is a laughing stock in the NFL and I seriously doubt he gets even a sniff for a HC job. His issues in Atlanta already poisoned his well which is why no one but no one called him this past offseason even after the Rams won the Super Bowl. If it was going to happen it would have happened before his season. There are reasons he's not in contention. One call to Atlanta is all it takes.

If the Rams retain Morris they will squander another year. There is absolutely no reason that this defense is underperforming. The media is wondering why no pressures and sacks. But the reason is obvious, when the CBs are 10 yds off the LOS the QB can get rid of the ball in 2 seconds or less with no worries. If the offense doesn't make a mistake they are almost guaranteed 3 points at the minimum and control of the TOP.

On offense, getting guys healthy is the key. McVay learned nothing from Todd Gurley. Gurley is 6'1", he was 222 lbs when drafted, and ran in the 4.4 range. If you are going to run with only a single RB with no lead, you need a big tackle breaking power RB with 4.4 speed. All these smaller elusive types aren't going to cut it with less than dominant OLs. Either use a FB or get a big, fast power RB in the draft. RB is the easiest position for a rookie to start in the NFL. Look at the guys that McVay drafted since Gurley. Elusive smaller backs who struggle to break tackles. McVay let the only grinder of a RB walk when he allowed Michel to leave. That proves how little he's concerned about the run game. The biggest obstacle in the run game is Sean himself. I mean it when I say if he spent as much time on the run game as he does in the passing game it would work. But even with Gurley, it was a simplistic outside zone almost on every run. He made it all too easy to defend when they know what you are going to do. Once they lost their dominant OL the run game evaporated. Small RBs like Williams are nice but without either dominant OL blocking or a lead FB don't expect much. McVay needs to understand he needs to scheme for these smaller RBs, in the same way, he schemes his WRs open or he needs to invest in his OL. Their starting OL would be okay if they simply had a legit lead blocker, not named Skowronek.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Anyone know if the Rams have, reached out to Eric Fisher OT?
Makes 100% sense to do so,

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Whatever they do...the draft will be huge. They have to make better choices. Too many misses. This team will have to rely on young players to fill the holes and they need hits.

yeah it seems to me that so many of our picks replace pick from 2 or3 years ago and these picks will probably be replaced in 2 or 3 years.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
yeah it seems to me that so many of our picks replace pick from 2 or3 years ago and these picks will probably be replaced in 2 or 3 years.
Happy Thanksgiving iamme33,

I would also agree with you on Joseph Noteboom too. JN has been in the NFL for 5 years during this time he has been on the injured reserve FIVE times. As a beleiver & fan of JN's pass protection talent I am sorley disappointed now with him & how his early career has played out. His IR events are more than any other Ram currently under contract, a 3-year, $40 million contract with $16.5 million fully guaranteed.

JN
has yet to play over a half seasons worth of snaps. JN has never finished more than 5 games as a starter. As a Ram top OL'er who has a long injury history in a very short period of time its certainly right to question his position with this team going forward.

When we are having discussions on the "Ram's future" JN's injury history has to be included in the topic for discussion. Ram Org paid JN $25.5 million in 2023. The real returns on that investment certainly have paid no dividends. An "Achilles complete tear" is serious for an LT. It would be just plain silly not to have high concerns over his capability to recover to continue his NFL career.

The UDFA former backup LT A.J. Jackson (also on the IR), outplaying him this season, less than a year after making JN the highest FA priority. When JN was starting his performance was nothing more than 37 yr old well-traveled Ty Nsekhe level. Caused McVay :lying:to have to answer the press questions on AJ Jackson being a much better starting LT prospect than JN.