Rams Future??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

808RAMS

Rookie
Name
Spencer
It's obvious that we need a capable back up qb behind Stafford if McVay is going to keep Stafford at qb. Stafford is up there in his mileage as a qb in the NFL, so it only makes sense to get a backup capable of taking over if Stafford goes down. Wolf is not the guy. Sorry, but truth hurts.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
—Brussss is a BUST!! From what I saw in training camp. He wouldn’t have done much better & A’Jackson at RG has looked good. Then he had to be moved to LT.
Heavily disagree. I respect your camp reports, So, but Bruss is an offensive line rookie. Like defensive line and receviers, you can't judge O-linemen until the third year; these guys often have to gain strength in the weight room, often have to learn technical skills from coaches.

You can't judge these kinds of players; ADs and Cooper Kupps are literal unicorns, and they're often better in later seasons than their rookie years.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Heavily disagree. I respect your camp reports, So, but Bruss is an offensive line rookie. Like defensive line and receviers, you can't judge O-linemen until the third year; these guys often have to gain strength in the weight room, often have to learn technical skills from coaches.

You can't judge these kinds of players; ADs and Cooper Kupps are literal unicorns, and they're often better in later seasons than their rookie years.

Agree, but IMO AJ Arcuri could be the better player of the 2.

A’ Jackson showed what can happen in between 1st & 2nd season.

Bruss had all the pressure taken away from him his first season. Austin Corbett looked good as a Ram vs being a Brown.You never know for sure.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like PARAM said, we have high draft picks. Don't spout that media bullshit, we know better.

McVay's first year we would have had a top 5 pick but it belonged to the Titans, who drafted Corey Davis. We came out of that draft with some dude named Cooper Kupp.

McVay is going to be PISSED after this season....we have most of our picks next year and all the year after. This OL is going to get massive reinforcements back in the form of injured players and we will add to it as well. This team will be back on top next year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"50 thou a year, will buy a lot of beer. Things are going great, and they're only getting better...." ~ @OldSchool

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cornerstone positions are QB, LT, Blindside Edge, and CB. Currently...

QB: Showed he can do the job but he's up there in age and his OL sucks ass.

LT: We were thinking maybe Jackson's a windfall but we may still need this filled.

Blindside Edge: We have a late round rook with some upside and a whole lot of disappointment.

CB: Ramsey still has game but he's not quite as fast or quick as he once was. This is probably a need, though behind the others due to Ramsey being in place as well as a couple rooks added this offseason.

Every one of those positions can be found mid to late rounds but generally speaking you find the difference makers at those spots early in the draft. 2/4 are filled with older veterans. 2/4 are highly questionable.

Then of course the OL as a whole unit is a problem. Backfield is a problem, as we lack explosive threat. Wideout probably needs speed that isn't micro sized. TE is a pile of feces. And so on.

Defensively safety also looks bad. This feels like a 2 year rebuild though I think with McVay maybe they can rebound in one offseason but it's going to be tough.

This is why I think the Amazon offer this offseason is going to have a lot of allure for our superstar head coach. Why hang around when he can take a break, connect with his young bride, maybe start a family, and do something he will be outstanding at. I'm real concerned about that but am hoping he still feels like he has unfinished business.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Cornerstone positions are QB, LT, Blindside Edge, and CB. Currently...

QB: Showed he can do the job but he's up there in age and his OL sucks ass.

LT: We were thinking maybe Jackson's a windfall but we may still need this filled.

Blindside Edge: We have a late round rook with some upside and a whole lot of disappointment.

CB: Ramsey still has game but he's not quite as fast or quick as he once was. This is probably a need, though behind the others due to Ramsey being in place as well as a couple rooks added this offseason.

Every one of those positions can be found mid to late rounds but generally speaking you find the difference makers at those spots early in the draft. 2/4 are filled with older veterans. 2/4 are highly questionable.

Then of course the OL as a whole unit is a problem. Backfield is a problem, as we lack explosive threat. Wideout probably needs speed that isn't micro sized. TE is a pile of feces. And so on.

Defensively safety also looks bad. This feels like a 2 year rebuild though I think with McVay maybe they can rebound in one offseason but it's going to be tough.

This is why I think the Amazon offer this offseason is going to have a lot of allure for our superstar head coach. Why hang around when he can take a break, connect with his young bride, maybe start a family, and do something he will be outstanding at. I'm real concerned about that but am hoping he still feels like he has unfinished business.
He has unfinished business.....
It's just not on the football field....

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I know they can’t and they won’t, but….if Kupp is out for the year, I wish they’d just sit Stafford, AD, and Ramsey with bogus injuries the rest of the way. There’s only 1-2 more years left with this core group after this season. Why put unnecessary mileage on their tires? Quite frankly putting Stafford back out there behind this line feels like an unnecessary dice roll.
Yeah, I'm sure the season ticket holders would love that.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Rams were positioned before to have a run at a dynasty sort of run with Martz after their first Super Bowl win.
But, it fell apart due to mismanagement and coaching malpractice.
I really, really hope history is not repeating.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
With their very disappointing current season and the lack of high draft picks what are your thoughts on the Rams future (Next Few Years)?

I am not trying to be pessimistic but with the lack of high draft picks, some key health issues and free agency do the Rams have the ability and resources (Money, etc) to get the Rams back in contention?

Hope I am wrong but it definiely seems like a major task/challenge for McVay and Snead!!!

But, At least the Rams have the Super Bowl Title from last season that nobody can take away!!!

We have the core pieces to be a great team next season. We just got ravaged by injuries but in the NFL, that happens.

dang

Legend
Rams tried twice to get an elite Edge this year. While they didn’t get it I believe they will prioritize that for next year. If they fix OL they can draft an RB and team him with Williams that can succeed. Look at the NFL track record for rookie RBs. You don’t need a high priced FA to fill that position.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rams tried twice to get an elite Edge this year. While they didn’t get it I believe they will prioritize that for next year. If they fix OL they can draft an RB and team him with Williams that can succeed. Look at the NFL track record for rookie RBs. You don’t need a high priced FA to fill that position.
The Edge is the most expensive piece out there for them.. and they'll trade future picks for it... IF, imo... they fix all the other shit.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
After that it gets iffy. Donald will be 33 in 2024. Wagner 34. Floyd and Ramsey will be in their 30's. So will Kupp and Robinson. I think for at least a couple years they should be holding on to their picks. They likely won't be in a position where they just need one missing piece like last year.

i agree we need some young cheap players. i don't know about just keeping draft pick for a couple years because stafford might need replaced by then. of course, we could trade away our top picks for an old veteran qb but then we would be back in same situation were in now i would rather use high picks on a young qb

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

yes sometimes players get better after a few years but often times they get worse as in evans and edwards also they are about dew for a new contract and often they get worse after they get that contract.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Right now, I’m betting the Oline to start next season is Noteboom, Jackson, Allen, Bruss and Havenstein.
I’m being optimistic on Bruss… but the other 4 are the best lineman currently on Rams, health notwithstanding.
With health? I think that could be a decent line.
We’ll see. It could be Anchrum or Brewer or a draft pick at RG.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Donald should retire. He's checked out. Free up that cap. Cut Robinson and admit dumb move. Build the O line. Get a "REAL" backup QB. Get rid of AKers. Let Hendo go.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Right now, I’m betting the Oline to start next season is Noteboom, Jackson, Allen, Bruss and Havenstein.
I’m being optimistic on Bruss… but the other 4 are the best lineman currently on Rams, health notwithstanding.
I think this board would go ballistic if that were the plan for 2023.

Major question marks for most of those guys:

Noteboom-- inconsistent when healthy, injury prone, and how will he look after Achilles reconstruction (given how Cam seems to have lost explosiveness after the same surgery)?

Jackson-- what's up with his health?

Allen-- what's up with his knee? And is he big enough anyway?

Bruss-- HUGE question mark. Looked absolutely awful in preseason.

I expect the Rams will invest FA money in at least one starter on the OL. Hard to imagine them going into 2023 with basically the same group.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think this board would go ballistic if that were the plan for 2023.

Major question marks for most of those guys:

Noteboom-- inconsistent when healthy, injury prone, and how will he look after Achilles reconstruction (given how Cam seems to have lost explosiveness after the same surgery)?

Jackson-- what's up with his health?

Allen-- what's up with his knee? And is he big enough anyway?

Bruss-- HUGE question mark. Looked absolutely awful in preseason.

I expect the Rams will invest FA money in at least one starter on the OL. Hard to imagine them going into 2023 with basically the same group.

I think with Boom .. the Achilles issue isn’t as big for a “non-explosive” position.
All your concerns are valid.. but I don’t see a financial path to much different.

Yep.. definitely some projecting and hope.. I expect 2 OL draft picks… but don’t think my scenario is at all outlandish.

Drafting doesn’t always equal new starters.. look at Bruss.

fearsomefour

Legend
Agree, but IMO AJ Arcuri could be the better player of the 2.

A’ Jackson showed what can happen in between 1st & 2nd season.

Bruss had all the pressure taken away from him his first season. Austin Corbett looked good as a Ram vs being a Brown.You never know for sure.
The sample size is way too small on either player.
We've also never seen either against an NFL starting defense.

fearsomefour

Legend
Shelton is under contract for another year.
Allen and Shelton will 100% man two of the inside spots.
Edwards likely to leave via FA.
Inside I could see Allen and Shelton with the other G spot coming down to Bruss, Brewer (who played solidly before getting injured) and a new addition.
Outside Hav is the RT. I think LT will be open between Jackson and Noteboom.