Rams extend Cooks through 2023

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
news-graphics-2006-_625661a.gif

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
I showed a group of millenials at work the killer rabbit scene from the Holy Grail, and they all fell out laughing. There's still hope for the future...;)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I showed a group of millenials at work the killer rabbit scene from the Holy Grail, and they all fell out laughing. There's still hope for the future...;)

I'm a millennial, and I loved that scene. I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail a lot when I was a kid.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But it's just a little bunny rabbit.

Say..... WTF was this thread about?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is true. Slot CBs are much easier to find than outside guys who can draw top matchups. Safeties as well are easy to find outside of the truly elite types who bring range/hitting/ballhawk type abilities. Box types are easier than the deep middle types to find as well, but I think barring an elite skill set at the position many teams are electing to put their money elsewhere.
He got killed as a slot CB because of his size.
How Jeff Fisher did not see that & not try Joyner as a FS at the very least ? Joyner is a solid tackler & gives full effort.He also has good football instincts, takes good angles & covers a lot of ground.
When The Rams franchised Joyner they did not have much as far as DB’s.The Rams could not take a chance of him leaving.

TJ McDonald was not all that solid.Tru cost to much. Peters & Talib fit in great & he’s cover CB’s are hard to replace. How The Rams scores 2 ofnthe best in the NFL is amazing & can’t be stated enough.
The fact is The Rams turnover(takeaways) & sacks will go up this season because of the improvement from the new additions at CB

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Not to split hairs (I agree Watkins was completely ineffective in the playoff loss) but I think the key reason we lost offensively was that our kid QB's inexperience showed in a huge home game. They took away Gurley and it was over for the offense.

Jared's growth with another camp under McVay plus Cooks' addition plus hopefully an improvement at TE should result in a much stronger passing game and one that might better handle Gurley being taken away in a playoff environment.

More like one of McVay’s very few poorly called games.

Gurley was taken away by his own head coach, when he was averaging over 7 ypc and the game was never out of hand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Gurley was taken away by his own head coach, when he was averaging over 7 ypc and the game was never out of hand.
My opinion too. It appeared to me that the offense and special teams were nervous, timing of the passing game was off, and McVay didn't give them a chance to settle down. Letting Gurley take the ball down the field would have fixed that. Instead McCoy was overeager to throw the ball. I think it was a lack of understanding by McVay of how to lead a young team dealing with the intensity of their first playoff game.

jap

Legend

It is Sean's green kryptonite, which he shares with Mad Mike Martz.

Sean: "I must . . . resist this . . . terrible passion . . . to always . . . throw the rock! I must . . . feed our . . . speedy . . . Battering Ram . . . tailback! But the . . . sheer agony" . . . to resist . . . raining footballs . . . all over the field . . . is so excrutiating!!!!"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cooks is just an insanely good fit with McVay. He is going to have a lot of play design built around his deep speed/threat capabilities.

I feel the same.

I can't think of a time a player signed where I felt as certain about the fit of the new player.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel the same.

I can't think of a time a player signed where I felt as certain about the fit of the new player.
If normal WR's were anti-tank shells that only bounce off the hulls of enemy tanks in a war. Cooks in McVay's system is the shell designed to penetrate and kill tanks....and the enemy doesn't know we have them/him and it's a war changer..

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

It is important to note that Atlanta did take away the screen game, and that might be what @Merlin was referring to.
That was the case.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Walter's Football did a grade on the Cooks re-signing and gave it a C- . The main reason for the low grade? He claims that Cooks is a locker room cancer. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I haven't. I wonder where he got that info.

Also .. if you want to compare Cooks to someone, Look no farther than Antonio Brown. Everything from his measurables, his stat lines, etc.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Walter's Football did a grade on the Cooks re-signing and gave it a C- . The main reason for the low grade? He claims that Cooks is a locker room cancer. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I haven't. I wonder where he got that info.

Also .. if you want to compare Cooks to someone, Look no farther than Antonio Brown. Everything from his measurables, his stat lines, etc.
That's surprising. My antenna were up and listening his being anything like a "locker room cancer," and I never heard it. When all of the "experts" were talking about the signings this offseason, they mentioned Suh, Peters and Talib as being a deadly mixture....but nothing on Cooks in that way.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i think he started having a little bit of a whinge in new orleans when games would go by where he wasn't targeted once. that's probably where that rumour comes from.