Rams Draft Developmental QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point was those guys were drafted with that in mind, but they just became the starter much sooner.

Wilson beat out the newly signed Matt Flynn.

Prescott took over for an injured Romo immediately.

And of course Brady waited a yr, when an injury to Bledsoe put him in the line up.
None of those were in the guise of having the guy sit a couple years though, to be "developed", Brady merely replaced the JAGs in front of him, Prescott was drafted because the Cowboys knew they were going to need a new QB, Seahawks had no QB
Back when all those guys were drafted, teams kept 3 QB's on the roster, nowadays it's pretty rare when teams do.
Point is, there is no sit a couple years deal, rookie contracts are 4 years and if the QB lasts longer than 2 years on the bench, he's likely being replaced after year 3

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
If Penei Sewell is on the board at #4 there's no question that the Falcons have to take him.
If he's gone then they should trade down and fix their defense.
Drafting a QB when Ryan is still putting up decent numbers is not the way to go, imo.

~ArkyRamsFan~

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
None of those were in the guise of having the guy sit a couple years though, to be "developed", Brady merely replaced the JAGs in front of him, Prescott was drafted because the Cowboys knew they were going to need a new QB, Seahawks had no QB
Back when all those guys were drafted, teams kept 3 QB's on the roster, nowadays it's pretty rare when teams do.
Point is, there is no sit a couple years deal, rookie contracts are 4 years and if the QB lasts longer than 2 years on the bench, he's likely being replaced after year 3
Disagree. None of those guys were expected to start right away thus they were drafted to be groomed. Anything beyond that is just semantics.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree. None of those guys were expected to start right away thus they were drafted to be groomed. Anything beyond that is just semantics.
Not semantics, just isnt what you are implying. QB's dont sit on the bench for several years being "groomed" it just doesnt happen

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
If Penei Sewell is on the board at #4 there's no question that the Falcons have to take him.
If he's gone then they should trade down and fix their defense.
Drafting a QB when Ryan is still putting up decent numbers is not the way to go, imo.

~ArkyRamsFan~
Matthews is a good LT. I’m betting they trade down to 8 or 9 and take the best defensive player especially if it’s a pass rusher. That defense gets no pressure.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would have no problem if they draft a QB....in any round really. I happen to believe this roster is pretty well stacked from top to bottom, with a few weak points(not holes).

If McV loves a QB coming out i'd be disappointed if they didn't go after him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would have no problem if they draft a QB....in any round really. I happen to believe this roster is pretty well stacked from top to bottom, with a few weak points(not holes).

If McV loves a QB coming out i'd be disappointed if they didn't go after him.

I don’t understand this discussion at all. If you look at this QB draft class
it is & will be washed out. How many of these 1st rd picks FAIL ???

What about Bryce Perkins ??

Delven Hodges has NFL starting experience??

I don’t see The Rams moving backwards or get any younger than they are right now.