RUMOR Rams/Cowgurlz Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Appreciate this is the positivitity thread and I am hugely positive. Thought we were excellent overall and the final score was closer than it should have been.

Only slight concern for me was the red zone efficiency which has always been an Achilles heel of McVay's. We need to do better with the ball in the redzone.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
FWIW Brown was hitting them much faster, Akers looked tentative and maybe because he was thinking more about ball security, then hitting the hole.
Yeah, and that Dallas D was hitting right on the ball. Plenty of times I was surprised there wasn’t a fumble because of the placement of the hit.
But I am SO impressed about how Akers and Brown avoided those negative runs that plagued Gurley. Neither are peak Gurley, but those negative runs last year (not all Gurley’s fault of course) really hurt.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm really impressed with Staley's adjustments after an abysmal first half; I can see why McVay chose him to replace Phillips. Looking forward to seeing how he play calls next game.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
One has to like the efficiency of his plays to pressure ratio so far.
Would expect to his snaps increase.

I got to say, outside of his sack on the last drive...I kind of see what Bear fans had to say about Floyd....honestly doesn't look explosive off the edge on every play. ....

There's an opportunity for Polite to get snaps I think

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most of the defense was abused most of the game..... until they weren't. I'm not sure you could point out a defensive player that didn't get abused but also make some plays. Overall, I thought he flashed well for a rookie.
Yeah not to mention it's tough to get good looks at the secondary on the base telecast.

All 22 is invaluable for that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I got to say, outside of his sack on the last drive...I kind of see what Bear fans had to say about Floyd....honestly doesn't look explosive off the edge on every play. ....

There's an opportunity for Polite to get snaps I think
Agreed and after the way Obo was mostly invisible I'd think they might start working Polite in there more.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Agreed and after the way Obo was mostly invisible I'd think they might start working Polite in there more.

Yes. Obo looked a little over matched when I noticed him yesterday. We may see Natrez Patrick on the active roster at some point as well.

Psycho_X

Legend
To be fair to Obo I think he was mostly rushing against Tyron Smith so that's not an easy task for anyone. But definitely wanted to see him be more effective yesterday even if it was just one or two flashes like Polite had.

Philly's o-line is a disaster at the moment so next week should be a good game to assess our pass rushers and their effectiveness.

Stump23

Rookie
First game with the new defense, you know they'll get better.

OL first game this unit has played together ever, they'll get better.

Sloman survived the call to cut him after one miss and had a good game. He's a rookie kicker and will miss things but he was solid today in all aspects. He will get better.

We got some young guys snaps in the secondary today and they got better as the game moved on. They will all get better.

First game for that front 7. Saw stuff I didn't like saw stuff I did. They'll get better.

Staley and McVay's first game calling this year and it was O'Connell's first game working with Goff. They will get better.

Goff and his WR/TE/RB had some great plays and had some breakdowns. They will get better.

Akers had some tough runs there late after some rough ones early. I hope McVay uses him differently and maybe puts a screen pass or two in there for him. The RB all will get better.

Notice a theme with me? They will get better.
Good points, but if I nitpick a little bit, Sloman needs to kick the ball to the end zone every time. Huge weapon to mitigate kickoff return potential. I'd rather have teams starting drives on their own 25. Agree, a bit worried about Run D but it came together nicely. Did miss Littleton's speed. Kiser is tough but not as fast. Floyd will be a very serviceable replacement for Fowler.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Sloman needs to kick the ball to the end zone every time.
Disagree with a lot of that but if your coverage team is good you kick it around the goal line let them run it out and pin them around the 20 with good coverage. Touchbacks are far from necessary and aren't always the best thing.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was hoping we would see more from Akers but he was noticeably getting the "rookie greeting" form the Cowboys. They were punishing him in hopes they would get a fumble out of the deal. That's the most important thing that didn't happen. He didn't cough up the ball. I'll take that for the first game. I think he'll make us very happy as the season progresses. And Brown was outstanding!

Stump23

Rookie
Disagree with a lot of that but if your coverage team is good you kick it around the goal line let them run it out and pin them around the 20 with good coverage. Touchbacks are far from necessary and aren't always the best thing.
Said i was nitpicking, not complaining.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

While that is true with some coverage teams, the Rams always seem to not pin a team back. Against Dallas for example, the two kicks that did not result in a touch back, where the ball would be placed at the 25, ended up on the 28 & 33 yard line respectively. Now, again, if you can tackle them before the 25, that's great, but I never give up a sure thing for a possibility.

Stump23

Rookie
While that is true with some coverage teams, the Rams always seem to not pin a team back. Against Dallas for example, the two kicks that did not result in a touch back, where the ball would be placed at the 25, ended up on the 28 & 33 yard line respectively. Now, again, if you can tackle them before the 25, that's great, but I never give up a sure thing for a possibility.
That was what I was thinking when i posted.....you make it sound better!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Sorry but no sure thing exists :) Believe me I get the point you two are trying to make but there's no sure thing whether it's kicking it deep or letting them return it. They could take it to the 28 or 33 or 13 and they could also fumble the return when hit.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sorry but no sure thing exists :) Believe me I get the point you two are trying to make but there's no sure thing whether it's kicking it deep or letting them return it. They could take it to the 28 or 33 or 13 and they could also fumble the return when hit.
Or take it to the house but they could also get a block in the back flag. I always rather our guys not return it but I don’t mind seeing a return every once in awhile. I don’t want to see Kupp returning though, just fair catch it.