Rams Celebration Thread!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
kvfsmkmg0tc8foyoa7z8.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think this offense is going to need some games to peak. I really do think they're gonna get better as Stafford settles in and some of the guys like Michel and Harris settle in and get fully comfortable in the offense. Stafford seemed to get better as the game went on, you could see him controlling shit with his pre-snap reads even a drive where he took over protections and immediately led us to that TD. Point is I don't think this is them hitting on all cylinders and how fucking exciting is that. Also Allen is going to learn a lot snapping to a QB like that.

Last two seasons it seemed like a holding call basically was a drive stopper. Tonight we saw a drive for a TD where they overcame 2 holding calls. The Bears seemed to be playing desperate too btw, like they knew it was a blowout waiting to happen. They were never really in this game IMO because by opening things up more the Rams would have been able to answer on anything they did.

McVay is going to need to adjust to Stafford in his play calling. You don't need to get fucking cute with 9 back there. If it's a passing down just drop him back and let him do his thing. Every time you call a schemed throw you're taking away from a possibility of your QB dropping that shit in the endzone for a long TD. I really think he's still in a conservative mindset and that he will adjust to the QB difference over time and make this offense more dangerous as well.

Just really happy right now though. Felt good tonight like they were in control, even when they gave up some long annoying drives to include that second TD. Just felt like the Rams would respond and boy did they. Here's hoping that defense gets online here soon and if so even in this tough NFC West we're gonna be extremely hard to beat.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Last two seasons it seemed like a holding call basically was a drive stopper. Tonight we saw a drive for a TD where they overcame 2 holding calls.
Great post and this part can't be said enough. Any 3rd and long situation we have a very good chance of converting now. One thing I noticed was how effective Staff's hard count was. I thought Goff did a good job getting people offsides, but Stafford uses it to collect information. A number of times he used his hard count 2 or 3 times before he changed protection or audibled. As others have said, the command he showed already is extremely impressive. It should only get better as he settles in.

TheBunk

Rookie
I'm not even worried about the defense and the defense definitely wasn't worried about the Bears offense with Dalton in there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing I noticed was how effective Staff's hard count was. I thought Goff did a good job getting people offsides, but Stafford uses it to collect information. A number of times he used his hard count 2 or 3 times before he changed protection or audibled. As others have said, the command he showed already is extremely impressive. It should only get better as he settles in.
Yes indeed. He caught them in at least a handful of blitzes with it. :thumbsup1:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Oh, and now I'm cool with the Rams signing Stafford to a five year extension for a bazillion dollars. I've seen enough.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I can't wait until McVay and Stafford get on the same page on roll outs. How sick would that be?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
it was great to see fans in the stands again , stadium sounded pretty loud on the TV

oxqfx5yczzmuuvl0i5tl.jpg

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fans were awesome.

Pass protection - man, it was almost perfect. The one sack we gave up was a coverage sack.

Let's give Havenstein some love - went from being the guy who Rams fans mocked in trades to shutting down Khalil Mack.

So happy to see the run game get going.

Stafford, Kupp were amazing.

But - this team has some AWFUL CBs and a poor OL. Next week will definitely be a bigger challenge and we need the defense to tighten up a bit.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
But - this team has some AWFUL CBs and a poor OL. Next week will definitely be a bigger challenge and we need the defense to tighten up a bit.

"this team" = the Bears?

Has to be.
If I wasn't on the liquorship to Gettinshittysberg, I probably wouldn't need to ask, but yeah...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"this team" = the Bears?

Has to be.
If I wasn't on the liquorship to Gettinshittysberg, I probably wouldn't need to ask, but yeah...
That's how I took it. Doesn't make sense the other way lol.