Rams Beat Vikes CELEBRATION THREAD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
That's not what I saw on that page. I didn't see much of a fatalistic response.. I saw people responding to the product on the field, which showed a recurrence of issues that have been catastrophic to this team this season.

Stafford making really bizarre decisions/throws.
McVay getting pass happy.

I think I saw one person say Goff is better than Stafford, which, I'll agree, is silly.

I would say that a lot of the criticism comes from people with a great deal of confidence in what the Rams *can* do, if they play smart and stick to a solid approach.

So, I'll disagree with the overall assessment of the people criticizing the Rams on that particular page of the thread.

I saw things like McVay can never win a super bowl.... shit about Goff... morris..

It wasn't one of the worse game threads I never saw - but its a really common theme.

When things start going south - a group of posters will always start jumping to some dramatic conclusions about everything.

She when we were 7-4 the sky was falling for some many people - and all it takes is a couple turnovers and then there they are again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stafford killed my fantasy team during a championship week. Ugh. But at least we got the win.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
OKwF.gif

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, I've been hard on him all year but props to Hekker. Two punts, 54 yards a punt and both fair caught.

Gay was great. Kick coverage was great. Executed the dropkick kickoff to perfection, and obviously the return TD.

The most dominant special teams performance since 2017 I think.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I saw things like McVay can never win a super bowl.... shit about Goff... morris..

It wasn't one of the worse game threads I never saw - but its a really common theme.

When things start going south - a group of posters will always start jumping to some dramatic conclusions about everything.

She when we were 7-4 the sky was falling for some many people - and all it takes is a couple turnovers and then there they are again.
Fair enough.
I just hope all criticisms aren't lumped into that .
I'm a big critic of turnovers and when McVay goes pass happy. I don't think you win in the playoffs with either of those things.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
My favorite are the silly stuff like fire Morris or DeCamillis and bench or cut this or that player. Just childish, voice your displeasure at a play but calling for somebody to be cut is just beyond bad. Aside from the fact we're needing every body we can get this time of year the fact that they won't cut somebody for something like a missed block, dropped pass or intereception is just bad.
Well, reality is DeCamillis likely won't be back. And Stafford made this game much more difficult than it needed to be.

So if you can't watch a game and hear legit comments about poor play or play calls then join a cheerleader group or pep squad.

Ellard80

Legend
Well, reality is DeCamillis likely won't be back. And Stafford made this game much more difficult than it needed to be.

So if you can't watch a game and hear legit comments about poor play or play calls then join a cheerleader group or pep squad.

some are legit comments for sure.... but some of the comments are just over dramatic crying.

Some people really just cant mentally handle things when they go wrong,

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's not about being off target...its about bad decisions. He is making more bad decisions than Goff had, he just has more talent, so it's maddening.

If he drops the hero ball and just throws those passes away this is a comfortable win. You can't get away with that in the playoffs and I fear he will be more amped up to force big plays when nothing is there come playoff time.
I will say that him vs Goff is no contest IMO. He is a much better QB than Goff. But he's a gunslinger and has games where he goes apeshit trying to force throws and McVay needs to keep that stuff contained.

Whether he's going to be able to win us a Super Bowl, we will see. But I suspect that some fans, to include yourself, will feel like we won it in spite of Stafford even if we get it done. So once again will simply agree to disagree with you.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Thing is if not for some of those repeated mistakes this team would be 12-3 or 13-2 right now and sitting as the predominant favorite to go to the SB. Instead it's fighting for the 4 seed and will be faced with possibly beating GB and Tom Brady on the road and still might be playing all road games as a 5 seed.

That's a huge difference in the chances for obtaining the ultimate prize in this "all in" season we signed up for.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Why won't DeCamillis be back?
Looks to me like they had plenty of personnel challenges on STs, possibly.
As rookies get more experienced and the roster gets healthier.. his teams are improving.
They finally found a return guy.. and the blocking and coverage are improving.

They're nowhere near as bad as last year, imo.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
As rookies get more experienced and the roster gets healthier.. his teams are improving.

Not sure if one PR makes up for a season full of poor play and mistakes.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

hahahaha

How is DeCamillis likely not being back any kind of reality?

As for your second comment that's so far from any kind of reality it's fucking comical. @Merlin see! Another genius saying I'm too positive and can't handle criticizing players and coaches. Sunshine and unicorns only for me ROFL. You can't make up comments like this it's pure gold!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hahahaha

How is DeCamillis likely not being back any kind of reality?

As for your second comment that's so far from any kind of reality it's fucking comical. @Merlin see! Another genius saying I'm too positive and can't handle criticizing players and coaches. Sunshine and unicorns only for me ROFL. You can't make up comments like this it's pure gold!
Homer.
~ @Loyal

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still dying laughing over here it's just priceless entertainment around here. Not sure what's funnier though if people honestly think some of the idiotic comments in the GDT are honest criticism because they sure come off like my 16 year old niece in one of those teen girl moments :D

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm glad the shit I yell at the TV doesn't end up in the GDT. So in general I at least try not to criticize the insanity lol. We all lose our shit I am sure watching the games from time to time.

Ellard80

Legend
Thing is if not for some of those repeated mistakes this team would be 12-3 or 13-2 right now and sitting as the predominant favorite to go to the SB. Instead it's fighting for the 4 seed and will be faced with possibly beating GB and Tom Brady on the road and still might be playing all road games as a 5 seed.

That's a huge difference in the chances for obtaining the ultimate prize in this "all in" season we signed up for
All teams make mistakes - there isn't any team in the nfl that hasn't lost games because of "mistakes"

There is one QB in the NFL that doesn't turn the ball over at times - Aaron Rodgers. That is it One out of 32. So turnovers are going to happen sometimes, you do what you can to play aggressive but also not make mistakes.

Brady won the NFC championship throwing 3 Int. So yeah Stafford had a bad game - and we could lose a playoff game because he has a bad game - but you could say that about every team.

The main thing is - our team has a legit chance to contend and not every team can say that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah the over reaction to the ST is pretty absurd around here some times. Last I checked, kicking was part of special teams and Gay is 31/32 in FG, and 43/44 on XP.
So lets look at today's tape:
Buddy Howell returns a punt for a TD
Gay goes 6/6 on kicks
Hekker drops another one inside the 20 while averaging 54 yrds
Vikings only avg 5 yards per KO return
But I guess the ST were awful because they tried a pooch kick? Gimme a break....
Only coaches not coming back next year are guys who get promotions elsewhere