Rams Beat Vikes CELEBRATION THREAD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Happy Golden Girls GIF by TV Land
Favourite post of the week, every week.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Alaric Jackson's diet may turn out to be one of the most consequential factors in the Rams roster construction, moving forward.

He had leaned up in college, going full Vegan, if I read correctly.

But when he hit the Rams, he realized he needed more weight and that he needed to work meat back in. He's a big, fucking boy. He moved people in the run game. I don't know what his upside is.. but he's an interesting prospect, for sure.

I hope he's for real, having him and boom waiting in the wings is things teams dream of.

Hendy's knee "bend" didn't look good to me. I fear we'll find out he's out at least 3 weeks.

I think he's fine. He was laughing on the sidelines didn't look like he was in any pain and I saw no ice. I'm sure they're just being cautious.

Q729

Legend
I understand that people vent in game threads - ive been there done that.

But some of the comments get laughable.
And that's what you have to do. Just laugh it off and stick around for the people who just want to comment about the game as it happens.:clinkingbeer:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I hope he's for real, having him and boom waiting in the wings is things teams dream of.

I think he's fine. He was laughing on the sidelines didn't look like he was in any pain and I saw no ice. I'm sure they're just being cautious.
And how about Shelton??? Guard and center!!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Stafford had an off day.

Imagine how good this team will be when he is on fire.

This is a mother fucking superbowl team.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Stafford had an off day.

Imagine how good this team will be when he is on fire.

This is a mother fucking superbowl team.
I agree he had an off day, but also some of the fault lies on McVay for forcing the pass for most of the game. @Vkingsfan warned us Zimmer would try and take away a key component (intermediate and deep passes).

JRobinson

MiLB
Stafford forcing passes. That’s just what you get with a gunslinger. Glad we won, but far from a complete effort

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This team is on a hell of a character building/revealing streak.
Getting through this adversity... "next man up" really getting the job done... new players stepping up to make huge contributions toward wins...

HELL OF A WIN STREAK.

The Defense and Special Teams seem to be improving by the week.. and the run game and Michel are doing the same.

LOVE IT.

Tano

Legend
I agree he had an off day, but also some of the fault lies on McVay for forcing the pass for most of the game. @Vkingsfan warned us Zimmer would try and take away a key component (intermediate and deep passes).
Yeah when we only had one player within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage on a 3rd and 2

I know OBJ was open on that play but for some reason Stafford wasn't very accurate on passes longer than 20 yards today.

I think the pass to Kupp was in the air only at most 15 yards past the line of scrimmage.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice win fellas. We decided to make it messy and you guys pulled out the win anyways. Can't believe we got 3 picks and still lost.

Don't look to close at Matt's game today. We've been terrorizing Mathew Stafford for over a decade, we knew exactly what to do and he still hung in there and got it done when it counted. That's what ya gotta do. They dont have to be pretty.

Good luck, hope you knock the Packers out.
All kinds of respect coming in before the game and right after a tough loss. You know where we are, stop by some time. What's a Vikings board to browse?

MachS

Hall of Fame
One other thing that needs to be acknowledged, is McVay's play calling the last few weeks. For a coach that takes a lot of flack for not running the ball enough, he has been pounding the rock for the last month. When we had Gurley and a healthy Akers we would have games like this of just pounding away. If McVay trusts the RB in the backfield he wont hesitate to run the ball.

Vkingsfan

UDFA
That's always been the book on Matt. You can try to blitz all the time him but he'll eat you alive. The best way is to blitz sparingly, mask everything presnap to take away his presnap reads, drop 7, cover, and wait till Matt gets frustrated. If you can do that he'll start forcing throws.

unfortunately that meant a soft front that Sony Michel feasted on. They need to get over trying to be some brilliant passing offense and get balanced cause trust me, every opponent you'll face will see this game film.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Someone referred to page 25 on that thread being a lot of over-the top complaining.. looked dead-on, to me.
That was the poster Ellard80; and he was right.

Understand and even share the anger and frustration but that's football. There are no easy wins. Teams, players, coaches are not always going to perform at their best. The opponent has players and coaches too ... and they are also trying their best. It's a battle and it's not always pretty or easy. Experienced fans should know that. Just my opinions.

I will add that there are some fans who lack confidence in their team, and/or don't think that highly of specific players and coaches. That's OK. What is not OK (in my opinion) is when some fans seem to take pleasure from being correct with their opinions, at the cost of their team's failures.

There have been many times when I have lacked confidence in the Rams' ability to win a game, or a player's skill-set/ability; and I am thrilled when I am wrong.

Example:
August 1999. I wake-up to the news that the Rams' Trent Green has suffered a season-ending injury. I am crushed and despondent. My new bride who does not follow football (yes, I still married her) asks about the Rams' back-up QB. I answered that he was a nobody named Warner. My wife sweetly suggests that "Maybe he will be good".

I dismiss her ridiculous comment, and explain to my wife that it never works that way.

I was dead-wrong and I was an idiot; and I could not have been happier and more grateful.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I
Love
Our
Rams.

It was beautiful to watch this team win a hard-fought game without needing Stafford to carry them.

Stafford was frustrated with his play today, but he balled out when the chips were on the table.

happy-holidays-gif.gif

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Played a shit game with those egregious turnovers and still pulled a win out of our asses. I’ll tolerate it now but this is a cause for concern heading into the playoffs; those teams will punish you turning the ball over like that.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That was the poster Ellard80; and he was right.

Understand and even share the anger and frustration but that's football. There are no easy wins. Teams, players, coaches are not always going to perform at their best. The opponent has players and coaches too ... and they are also trying their best. It's a battle and it's not always pretty or easy. Experienced fans should know that. Just my opinions.

I will add that there are some fans who lack confidence in their team, and/or don't think that highly of specific players and coaches. That's OK. What is not OK (in my opinion) is when some fans seem to take pleasure from being correct with their opinions, at the cost of their team's failures.

There have been many times when I have lacked confidence in the Rams' ability to win a game, or a player's skill-set/ability; and I am thrilled when I am wrong.

Example:
August 1999. I wake-up to the news that the Rams' Trent Green has suffered a season-ending injury. I am crushed and despondent. My new bride who does not follow football (yes, I still married her) asks about the Rams' back-up QB. I answered that he was a nobody named Warner. My wife sweetly suggests that "Maybe he will be good".

I dismiss her ridiculous comment, and explain to my wife that it never works that way.

I was dead-wrong and I was an idiot; and I could not have been happier and more grateful.
That's not what I saw on that page. I didn't see much of a fatalistic response.. I saw people responding to the product on the field, which showed a recurrence of issues that have been catastrophic to this team this season.

Stafford making really bizarre decisions/throws.
McVay getting pass happy.

I think I saw one person say Goff is better than Stafford, which, I'll agree, is silly.

I would say that a lot of the criticism comes from people with a great deal of confidence in what the Rams *can* do, if they play smart and stick to a solid approach.

So, I'll disagree with the overall assessment of the people criticizing the Rams on that particular page of the thread.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That's not what I saw on that page. I didn't see much of a fatalistic response.. I saw people responding to the product on the field, which showed a recurrence of issues that have been catastrophic to this team this season.

So, I'll disagree with the overall assessment of the people criticizing the Rams on that particular page of the thread.
Think you missed the point my friend. NOT the 'page' ... the Thread.

The Thread had a ton of negativity. Ellard80, on page 25 of that Thread was critical of the negativity.

I was agreeing with Ellard in his criticism of that negativity

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Think you missed the point my friend. NOT the 'page' ... the Thread.

The Thread had a ton of negativity. Ellard80, on page 25 of that Thread was critical of the negativity.

I was agreeing with Ellard in his criticism of that negativity
I see what you're saying. Got it, I see what you're referring to now that he was pointing it out on that page.

My bad.