Rams ban Dickerson from sideline privileges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

Rams COO Kevin Demoff reached out to Eric Dickerson earlier today, but hasn't been able to speak with him. Dickerson expressed anger earlier in saying that somebody from upper management told him he made the players uncomfortable with his comments toward the team and that he wasn't allowed on the sidelines. Demoff said that took him by surprise. "I just didn't understand where things had gotten lost in translation or who Eric had spoken to with the organization. I reached out this afternoon to try to get clarification, and hopefully we'll be able to figure this out and move forward."

Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

More from Rams COO Kevin Demoff, on Eric Dickerson feeling unwanted: "He's always welcome at practice, he's always welcome at games. There's never been any message to the contrary. ... Anybody who's in this business has to have thick skin to understand that when you lose there's going to be criticism. ... I'm hopeful that this is a bump in the road, however it occurred, and we're able to move past that. I know the organization values Eric, values his opinion, and wants him to be part of what we're doing."

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
The new age...Constructive Criticism hurts feelings...Shame.
Not to worry, I'm sure we can find Fisher a safe space free of bullying with plenty of hot cocoa, blankets, and trees to hug.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Yep sounds like Eric and his drama BS again. Cry to the public so they feel sorry for you. Looks like he was never even told that from the Rams

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

So thats a wrap it was all

a0de7d4f6db65059ed6b8482b29ade7a.1000x978x1.jpg

Bruce2980

Starter
So thats a wrap it was all

a0de7d4f6db65059ed6b8482b29ade7a.1000x978x1.jpg
Or it was all lies on EDs part, or Fisher's. Sounds like the ship is breaking apart and ED doesn't want Fisher to be the coach anymore either. It's OK for this forum to call and wish for Fisher's demise, but when ED does it it's different? If Kroenke won't listen to the 80,000 fans at the stadium I bet he heard about the discontent from ED. Maybe he is the one that will help put the fork in Fisher or at least get help for the offense?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Or it was all lies on EDs part, or Fisher's. Sounds like the ship is breaking apart and ED doesn't want Fisher to be the coach anymore either. It's OK for this forum to call and wish for Fisher's demise, but when ED does it it's different? If Kroenke won't listen to the 80,000 fans at the stadium I bet he heard about the discontent from ED. Maybe he is the one that will help put the fork in Fisher or at least get help for the offense?

Possibly the final straw. Or they are sitting next to eachother pounding cold ones and laughing at us. Who knows its a freaking teams worse nightmare.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Calm down ED! At least you made it 11 games before getting kicked out! They would've 86ed my ace 11 minutes into game one! :yess::rolllaugh:

Bruce2980

Starter
Possibly the final straw. Or they are sitting next to eachother pounding cold ones and laughing at us. Who knows its a freaking teams worse nightmare.
Funny, you sound like me. I try to look at all possibilities and keep my mind open to everything. I know nothing, but I have a ton of questions.
But this team is very silent and they have Fisher as the only guy giving out info, which is almost nothing. Living in AZ, the GM and team are very open giving info on their attempts to put out the best product on the field. Even if it's BS, it still comes as a breath of fresh air compared to the secret society in LA Rams Members only Club.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Even though I think Dickerson is being over dramatic and brought this on himself I can't get mad it him. Public sentiment will definitely be on Dickerson's side and anything that pushes Fisher farther out the door is fine with me.

Psycho_X

Legend
200_s.gif

Seriously wtf, this organization is reeling out of control suddenly, at least image wise. Someone needs to take control of it. I can't say I've ever liked ED as a personality. so I'm not sure what to believe here. I can see Fisher doing something like that but I can also see ED taking some minor comment and blowing it out of proportion to get attention. Very strange and doesn't sound like it's going to subside.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Three things occur to me here.

1) This is a PR hot mess that the Rams can ill afford given their disappointing '16 homecoming season.

2) Unless ED is found to be lying (something that I seriously doubt), Fisher has probably burned his last bridges with Kroenke, FO, players, and fans. Doubtful now that he makes it to game '16. He's made himself radioactive by antagonizing a hometown HOF Ram hero. Geez, how dumb is that?

3) Such a fubar can be toxic to team and player chemistry. We've already seen hints of player vs player dustups in Donald and Ogletree. Fisher vs GW. Players seemed to give up in 2nd half of last week's game, too.

This won't end well for Fisher. Mark my words.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
If we let old retired players dictate how the franchise should be ran just because they feel entitled for having a 'gold jacket' then we have a bigger problem in our hands.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I watched ED run wild in the Coliseum for a few years & man he was something to see. My son would stand up & yell, Go Dick Go.

Aw c'mon now, you really didn't just write you watched ED run wild in the..."Coliseum" did you? :palm::unsure:

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dickerson is a living legend who bleeds blue and gold. Fish tried to muzzle him, and it was a mistake. Bottom line is the Rams are the ones who need to have thicker skin when they're the ones fielding the losing team. And now that Eric's taken it to this level the dude can't back out, it's a done deal.

Make no mistake dudes... This is a massive PR disaster for the Rams. I guarantee they're upset over it and this might tip that firing forward, because they are sensitive about how the LA fans perceive them. Fish was already gone after the season for sure, and I figured they'd fire him with at least a month left in the season at this point. But this just about cements a change at head coach. It's a big deal when a HoF RB who is plugged into the LA scene like no other has a meltdown on the team when they're trying to win fans back.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams are too young, and have too many easily influenced players to stand the likes of ED.....Fish is wise to do this....one of the few wise things he has done this year/