Rams Back up QB 2023

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With free agency approaching, do we sign someone from this list?

Or, what will be our strategy?

Hard to imagine drafting one early in this draft, so… it feels like McVay will pick someone more proven?

What do you think?

RankPlayerStatusAge'22 Team'23 Team
FREE AGENT QUARTERBACKS - 2023​
1​
Franchise​
26​
BAL​
2​
UFA​
32​
SEA​
3​
Released​
31​
LV​
4​
UFA​
31​
SF​
5​
UFA​
25​
NYG​
6​
Released​
30​
WAS​
7​
UFA​
25​
CAR​
8​
UFA​
30​
MIA​
9​
UFA​
27​
LAR​
10​
UFA​
35​
NO​
11​
Released​
29​
ATL​
12​
UFA​
27​
NYJ​
13​
UFA​
29​
WAS​
14​
UFA​
26​
PHI​
15​
UFA​
37​
KC​
16​
UFA​
26​
LV​
17​
UFA​
27​
MIN​
18​
UFA​
27​
SEA​
19​
UFA​
36​
SF​
20​
UFA​
29​
DET​
21​
UFA​
29​
DAL​
22​
RFA​
25​
BAL​
23​
RFA​
28​
CAR​
24​
RFA​
27​
LAR​
25​
UFA​
35​
BUF​
26​
UFA​
27​
PIT​
27​
UFA​
30​
CLE​
28​
UFA​
38​
NYJ​
29​
UFA​
27​
HOU​
30​
UFA​
29​
JAC​
31​
UFA​
36​
LAC​
32​
UFA​
33​
TB​
33​
UFA​
30​
CIN​
34​
UFA​
29​
HOU​
35​
RFA​
26​
DEN​
36​
UFA​
27​
ARI​
37​
ERFA​
26​
LAR​
38​
UFA​
27​
LAC​
39​
UFA​
28​
CHI​
40​
Retired​
45​
TB​

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If the Rams had a few more higher end draft picks, I'd be looking at Stanford's Tanner McGee. Since Mayfield is likely too expensive to hang onto, should New England, as expected, release old man Brian Hoyer, then I'd try to sign him to a 1 year contract.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Of those available, only Mayfield and Mariota move the needle IMO. I have said it before that I would like to see what McVay could do with Mariota. We got a glimpse of what Mayfield could do in this offense.....and that was with our 3rd and 4th WRs...

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Preferably Mayfield signs with us on a friendly deal. If not, I’d take Lock or Minshew over what the Rams have right now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Jets will take a huge cap hit to acquire Rodgers, and wont be able to add the cap hit they'd take if they dump Wilson as well. They'll sell it that he can learn from Rodgers, but we all know that dog wont hunt
Possibly and I don't even know if I like the idea of him. But with the trade this topic will come up again. For the record his base pay is only $950k in '23 with a $3 million roster bonus.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That list of washed up/ never good QB's doesn't inspire me. I'd rather get a kid in the later rounds to develop. Maybe we'll find a 5th round Tom Brady2.0.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possibly and I don't even know if I like the idea of him. But with the trade this topic will come up again. For the record his base pay is only $950k in '23 with a $3 million roster bonus.
Yup, roughly 4 mill in 23 and 5.5 mill in 24, all guaranteed
If the Rams can afford that for a backup Qb, I think there are better options.
Cant lie though, the kid has so much talent, I'd love to see what a McVay could do with him

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Yup, roughly 4 mill in 23 and 5.5 mill in 24, all guaranteed
If the Rams can afford that for a backup Qb, I think there are better options.
Cant lie though, the kid has so much talent, I'd love to see what a McVay could do with him
That's it with me and the same thing I said going into last year with Fields. I'd like to see what he could do with those physical gifts. Paying for either seems unrealistic but they'd be interesting.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to see Minshew brought in. He and McVay seem like a nice fit.

Also try to get Corral on the cheap then IR him to save the roster spot while he learns.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That list of washed up/ never good QB's doesn't inspire me. I'd rather get a kid in the later rounds to develop. Maybe we'll find a 5th round Tom Brady2.0.
Living life through rose colored glass- @Loyal . Says the color blind guy @Neil039

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Guys we could sign to be our back up and possibly still be able to win some games if Staff goes down:
Darnold (probably too much $)
Baker (same)
Mariota
White
Minshew
Rush?

That said, with the cap how it is, I can only imagine they are thinking draft for a back up. Far and away will be the cheapest option and potentially could hit on someone. I'm not in love with the later round QB's. Tune could be worth a try, Bennett is a winner if nothing else, and kind of interested by Dorian Thompson-Robinson from UCLA

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Cooper Rush and Gardner Minshew are starting level talent.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also try to get Corral on the cheap then IR him to save the roster spot while he learns.
Why would Carolina sell him on the cheap, or give up on him at all? His contract is peanuts, non guaranteed as well. Cost them a 3rd rounder last year and surely would be worth having on their bench if the rookie is struggling