Rams at Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Well one could say anyone blaming Goff has not watched one down of this game. Im sure any other QB would be doing just fine with no time to do anything.
Which is probably why we should maybe run the ball with the highest paid RB in the world.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Reminds me of Martz rams downfall. 15-20 yard routes don’t work when you have zero pass protection. But that’s all on the front office. They thought these guys were good. No. They suck.

KayJay

Starter
Ppl disliking any Goff criticism probably never played a down of football in their life. Gtfoh.
Okay, I get that you guys are passionate, I understand we aren't playing great. Goff isn't playing his best for sure. But don't ignore two drops by Gurley, a drop by Kupp, a Wood's play that didn't land in bounds, and terrible O-Line play. If you are going to blame one player in a team game, you aren't going to get very many people agreeing with you at all. In fact up to this point over half of the criticism has been rudimentary conjecture.

So lets try this, until Goff gets any kind of protection, he is largely useless. Oh shit wait, that's every quarterback though right? They are missing guys on an offensive line that wasn't very good in the first place. We aren't very good right now. But no matter how angry anyone gets with our QB, McVay isn't going to make a change unless its to protect Goff in the first place. And considering we are only a touchdown away from tying the game, I doubt he makes that decision.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
It says think before you post. Well, I think or better yet, I know that Goff fumble was the wrong call. Complete horsebleep!

I agree. Total BS call. IMHO, Goff started off shaky but settled down. But he cant overcome the putrid OL and he's getting no help from anyone outside of Reynolds and Everett.

This offense is a mess. Goff aint the big problem

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Officiating has been horrid since the bogus Redder call on the first play.

McVay appears to have a problem adjusting his offense as well.

I don't know what adjustments we can make at this point. There's not much you can do when your OL is playing this poorly.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
At what point does Mcvay realize there is nothing to save Gurley for if the Rams lose this game? It's time to unleash Gurley and win now.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I really thought Goff was gonna come out angry after the “Country Club Goff” comments, instead he is playing into those comments hands.

The comment basically said: If you pressure Goff up the middle and make him throw quick, he’ll throw it to you, oh and he plays bad in chilly weather.

Truly good QBs make adjustments in these kind of situations, they get sick of it and play differently.

He’s forcing the ball down field, hopefully he is smart enough to realize he doesn’t have time for that behind this line. Gotta play smarter Jared, even if coach wont stop calling down field passes, you gotta throw the ball quick and you gotta get off your mark and make those d-line men chase you so they start to empty their tanks a bit. I was so hoping he was gonna show growth today.

ugh what an annoying half. He can still grow today!

jec1521

UDFA
As bad as the line is mcvay can't abandon the run so quickly. It would help the oline if the dline couldn't pin their ears back every play.

Ellard80

Legend
Okay, I get that you guys are passionate, I understand we aren't playing great. Goff isn't playing his best for sure. But don't ignore two drops by Gurley, a drop by Kupp, a Wood's play that didn't land in bounds, and terrible O-Line play. If you are going to blame one player in a team game, you aren't going to get very many people agreeing with you at all. In fact up to this point over half of the criticism has been rudimentary conjecture.

So lets try this, until Goff gets any kind of protection, he is largely useless. Oh shit wait, that's every quarterback though right? They are missing guys on an offensive line that wasn't very good in the first place. We aren't very good right now. But no matter how angry anyone gets with our QB, McVay isn't going to make a change unless its to protect Goff in the first place. And considering we are only a touchdown away from tying the game, I doubt he makes that decision.

It's not all Goff's fault... but saying every qb needs prime pass protection is simply not true.

what's glaringly true is that this offensive line and Goff together are looking pretty damn bad right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reminds me of Martz rams downfall. 15-20 yard routes don’t work when you have zero pass protection. But that’s all on the front office. They thought these guys were good. No. They suck.

There's no winning. They're squatting on the short routes. They're playing M2M to take away quick throws. They're sniffing out the screens. The OL is either going to step up and provide some modicum of protection, or we will lose.