PREGAME Rams at Packers NFC Divisional round matchup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m more scared of you guys than New Orleans. I bet New Orleans gets beat next week.
You should be confident it's all good. You have Aaron Rodgers running our offense lol.

We are just fortunate that our defense should be able to counter him a bit. But even then the dude is so good that nobody would be surprised if he just goes off and buries us.

Either way looking forward to this one. :beer2: :biggrin:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hey Mr. Rodgers...

tenor.gif

Packfan18

Rookie
You should be confident it's all good. You have Aaron Rodgers running our offense lol.

We are just fortunate that our defense should be able to counter him a bit. But even then the dude is so good that nobody would be surprised if he just goes off and buries us.

Either way looking forward to this one. :beer2: :biggrin:
We have had a history of choking in the playoffs since our SB win in 2010. Rodgers is 6-7 in the playoffs since we won the SB in 2010. I’m worried about that too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Division Round Preview: Los Angeles Rams at Green Bay Packers

Date: Saturday January 16 at 4:35 p.m. ET

This matchup is already shaping up to be a classic, pitting the Packers’ top-ranked scoring offense against the Rams’ league-best scoring defense. Rodgers is the presumptive MVP favourite and Davante Adams rightfully earned a first-team All-Pro selection, while Donald should lock up his third Defensive Player of the Year award, as Jalen Ramsey and the Rams’ secondary will be swarming for turnovers. Simply, this is the type of game we’ve been waiting for all year.

Rodgers doesn’t need much external motivation but was reportedly incensed when the Packers selected quarterback Jordan Love in the first round of the 2020 draft. Instead of brooding, Rodgers submitted one of the greatest seasons of all-time — his 2011 MVP campaign is the only one in his catalogue that’s comparable — throwing for a league-best 48 touchdowns against five interceptions, while forming the NFL’s most dangerous QB-WR combo with Adams. Marquez Valdes-Scantling emerged as a solid No. 2 option, while tight end Robert Tonyan posted 11 touchdowns. Rodgers also benefited from playing behind the NFL’s best offensive line, featuring first-team All-Pros David Bakhtiari and Corey Linsley.

It’s not the juiciest storyline, but how the Rams’ defensive line fares against the Packers’ offensive line may dictate this matchup. Donald is an otherworldly force, but he will undergo an MRI on a rib injury incurred against the Seahawks, and though it would take a season-ending ailment to keep him out, his effectiveness may be diminished. Although the Rams’ secondary will be tested by Rodgers, who is at the top of his game, it’s a deep unit well-equipped to slow the Packers down. Ramsey will likely shadow Adams, Darious Williams — who was arguably the best player on the field against the Seahawks — will take Valdes-Scantling, while safeties John Johnson and Jordan Fuller are quietly among the best tandems in the NFL.

Jared Goff returned to action after John Wolford was taken to the hospital Saturday with a neck injury. Goff underwent thumb surgery on Dec. 28 and in an ideal world shouldn’t even be playing, but he rallied his team to a 30-20 victory. Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp are two of the best receivers after the catch and knowing that Goff’s velocity is significantly diminished, the Packers will be able to mix up man and zone coverage as freely as they’d like. Cam Akers rushed for 131 yards and a touchdown against the Seahawks, and could loom large for the Rams again, but they’ll have to get the passing game going to keep pace with Rodgers.

Packers vs. Rams: Tale of the Tape

CategoryGBLAR
Record13-310-6
Head-to-HeadN/AN/A
Points For (per game)31.823.3
Points Against (per game)23.118.5

Packers will win because
Rodgers is playing the best football of his career, and his lone comparable season was a decade ago. The MVP favourite desperately wants a second Super Bowl to add to his legacy, and the Packers have proven all year that they can scorch opponents at will. Adams scored a league-best 18 receiving touchdowns and is simply unstoppable against single coverage. Goff is playing through an injury, and second-team All-Pro cornerback Jaire Alexander will erase either Woods or Kupp, rendering the Rams’ offense predictable.

Rams will win because
The NFL’s best defense could flummox Rodgers, and if they neutralize Adams, the rest of Rodgers’ weaponry looks pretty unremarkable. Donald is the league’s best player and could live in the backfield, while the Rams’ loaded secondary can erase Rodgers’ second and third looks all game long. Akers is determined not to be a one-hit wonder, and a robust rushing game could offset Goff’s diminished throwing ability long enough to hold off the Packers in an upset.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's funny about the Rams this year is the constant sense I had of a shitter game coming up whenever we started to roll. That feel, it was like well the Rams have to get it out of their system and then they'll be themselves for a game or two. I don't have that feeling now, it's almost like the team has completed its change into a ball control unit with a great defense (and accepted it if that makes sense) and everything is looking good.

BUT...

If this season's trend were to apply here I'd say sitting on two playoff-level wins in a row and the team rolling and all of us seeing what they are capable of is the arrival of that time window where we'd get that shitter game.

So anyway. I think a switch has flipped with this team. But then again I'm a sucker for a Rams success story so...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cody Benjamin at CBSSports says the Pack should be sizable favorites for reasons including:

Has to be the worst take I've seen for 2021

Today's media lol. It's painful. So much ignorance they don't even care half the time if they can quantify shit they claim.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Cody Benjamin at CBSSports says the Pack should be sizable favorites for reasons including:

With so much media coverage, there are many commentators and writers who have no greater qualifications than the most average of fans.

Sometimes I take a minute and look for a bio of the writer/commentator.

The writer here is Cody Benjamin. He graduated from college in 2016. He has no real experience or background to qualify as knowledgeable NFL commentator.

He may be bright. No way to know if Cody Benjamin knows his stuff. He’s no more qualified than anyone on this forum to opine on the NFL.

In fact, given his age, the vast majority of us have seen a ton more football than Cody Benjamin.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW

I read this today as well and I laughed out loud! What a joke!

That said, I worry about Wolfie's play as we don't know if he will protect the ball and how the cold will effect him. So to me both of our QBs have questions going into this game.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I really do enjoy eBay, now I don't know which one. I think the obvious one.

Attachments

• $_1.jpeg
    $_1.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 313
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 53