PREGAME Rams at Packers NFC Divisional round matchup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Exactly how I feel! I didn't think we'd make it this far, much less dominate the Seahawks. I wouldn't know what to do if this team beat the Packers on Saturday.

If the Rams beat the Packers, then Pray for the Saints to lose to Tampa Bay. If it ended up being the Rams and Saints we would here about the notorious pass interference non call for a week.......and not a peep about having to overcome fans with whistles in New Orleans.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
^ Divine Intervention, like we face Brady again and succeed finally. Yeah that would work for me! I'm already HAPPY after SEA, nothing will bring me down for awhile I didn't even text or talk shit to what SEA friends I had, they never gave a congratulations. Fuck those #12's I've taken many since Saturday.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'm going to sketch a Chef Ramsey fit for tshirt. I got dibs. Props to Chris Farley. ROD said so.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
_1-jpeg.42814

I think the obvious one.

:horns:

That one is “killer”. :D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
First Look: Rams head to Green Bay to take on Packers in divisional round

The sixth-seeded Rams are Green Bay-bound to take on the top-seeded Packers on Saturday at Lambeau Field in the divisional round of the playoffs, in what will be just the third-ever postseason meeting between the two teams in series history. Kickoff on Jan. 16 is scheduled for 1:35 p.m. pacific time on FOX.

In advance of the contest, here is your first look at Rams-Packers, including notable Packers additions, Green Bay's top performers in Week 17 and key storylines:

Notable Packers additions

Claimed DL Damon Harrison off waivers from the Seahawks on Dec. 31. The nine-year veteran was brought in to bolster Green Bay's run defense, and while he only played 12 snaps in his Week 17 debut against Chicago, he still made an impact in limited action in the eyes of his new teammates and coaches.
Drafted running back A.J. Dillon in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft. While the Boston College product has been behind Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams in the running back rotation, he's the biggest of the bunch at 6-foot, 247 pounds and worth keeping an eye on.

Top performers in Week 17 (Green Bay had a first-round bye)

QB Aaron Rodgers completed 19 of 24 pass attempts for 240 yards and four touchdowns in a 35-16 Packers win over the Bears which clinched the NFC's No. 1 seed.

Jones led Green Bay's backfield with 11 carries for 42 yards and one touchdown, also finishing with four receptions for 43 yards.

WRs Marquez Valdes-Scantling (two receptions, 87 yards, one touchdown) and Davante Adams (six catches, 46 yards, one touchdown) did the most damage in the passing game. TEs Robert Tonyan (two catches for 18 yards) and Dominique Dafney (one for 13) were on the receiving end of Rodgers' other two passing touchdowns.

LB Krys Barnes led the Packers' defense with 14 total tackles, while S Adrian Amos added nine plus an interception. CB Jaire Alexander chipped in a forced fumble and OLB Rashan Gary a fumble recovery.

On special teams, K Mason Crosby made all five of his extra point attempts, while P JK Scott averaged 43.5 yards per punt on two punts.

Early storylines to watch, and what they mean for the Rams

The Packers present a formidable challenge for the Rams this weekend. They won six straight games to close out the regular season and earn the top seed in the NFC, produced the league's highest-scoring offense in 2020 and have the NFL-MVP front-runner in quarterback Aaron Rodgers under center.

While Green Bay has looked virtually unstoppable and commands the respect it deserves, its three losses offer clues for how Los Angeles can increase its chances of winning.

In losses to the Buccaneers (Week 6), Vikings (Week 8) and Colts (Week 11), the Packers were out-gained in rushing yards and lost the turnover battle. Put another way: Tampa Bay, Minnesota and Indianapolis found ways to either keep Rodgers and Green Bay's offense off the field, or come up with enough timely stops and takeaways to win those games.

Of course, checking any of those boxes is easier said than done. The Packers committed the fewest turnovers (11) of any team in the league during the regular season and had the NFL's No. 8 rushing offense, so they're plenty capable of avoiding mistakes and controlling the clock themselves (as their 13 wins might indicate).

That being said, if the Rams can lean on Cam Akers and their run game, and their No. 1-ranked defense can create takeaways that lead to points either directly or by the offense, then their chances of success on Saturday will get a boost.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Green Bay defensively ranks #17 in yards per rush attempt. Yummy.

Hell yea Im excited...Akers has looked great lately and with Whit and Evans on the left side we should be a lot more physical in the run game. Play good D and run the ball well and we can beat them.

Defensively if we shut down the run like we have been lately and Ramsey can hold Devante in check...we have a legit, legit chance of beating them. I never bet on my own teams but +7 juicy.

oldnotdead

Legend
I want the Rams to walk into the Super Bowl through the front door. That means beating the best to get there. I always assumed that the Rams would be playing the Packers at some point. Right now the weather gods are favoring the Rams. Saturday's forecast is about 32 degrees with winds 10-15 mph, overcast, chance of some light rain. That is about as good as you can hope for in December in GB.

If the Rams can win this game outright, the Aints or Bucs don't scare me at all. The Aints have a decent defense but the Packers beat them. The Rams beat them in 2019 with a team not nearly as good as this years. NO allows limited fan attendance. I would expect about 20K for a Rams playoff game. That's a lot but not nearly what it was in 2018.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Live in the now. When's Saturday around 2pm AZ time again. Not soon enough, once again. Let's fucking GO Rams. Nothing but MJ. It's ok

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great defensive football hasn't exactly been entrenched into Packer culture for awhile now. The last time they fielded an elite"ish" D was 2010 when they won a super bowl.

IMO they haven't really taken advantage of Rodgers career in terms of winning titles because they've been unable or unwilling to build a championship caliber defense.
They really havent added much on offense either, exception of course being Davante Adams.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would be a nice time for our first three game winning streak of the season

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams beat the Packers, then Pray for the Saints to lose to Tampa Bay. If it ended up being the Rams and Saints we would here about the notorious pass interference non call for a week.......and not a peep about having to overcome fans with whistles in New Orleans.

I think the Saints are a tougher test, but I'd rather play them. If we lose to Drew Brees, I can accept him going to the Super Bowl. He's reportedly about to retire, and I have worlds of respect for him (even if I hate Asshole Face). I don't want Brady to have any chance to go to another Super Bowl.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I want good and fair officiating, if we win on a bad call I don’t like that or Vica versa. I want it to be good.
Ok.

Looks like we get Ron Tolbert.

The crews are suppose to be re worked and well graded for the playoffs, but I still didn't want Boger.