PREGAME Rams at Packers NFC Divisional round matchup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
If the temp in Green Bay is in the mid twenties, then it’s a gift. Goff will wear one of those hand warmer muff things with a chemical heat pack in it. He will tough it out and be ... fine.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
The team can absolutely leave Lambeau with a win, especially since there's no such thing as home field advantage this year (though the cold weather does favor the Pack), but the team has to stop making boneheaded decisions and hoping for the best. Only having 1 healthy quarterback last week was a huge and completely unnecessary risk - and one of the dumbest decisions I've seen in a long time. And while Goff eventually made a couple of throws late, don't ignore the fact that for the majority of that game not only was he a detriment to the team from a performance perspective, but a number of his throws put his teammates at physical risk, as well. The team was lucky a receiver wasn't injured because he hung some of them out to dry in very bad situations a few times.

The playcalling for the majority of the game was also highly circumspect. Very predictable (1st down, run between the tackles, 2nd down probably a pass right, 3rd down wildcard play) and not at all effective until Woods got involved.

Fact is, if the defense didn't play absolutely on its head (can usually count on them to play really well, but last week was an inspired performance you can't count on every week), that game is completely different.

I'd say something about special teams, but thankfully Green Bay's aren't anything to crow about, either.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
If the temp in Green Bay is in the mid twenties, then it’s a gift. Goff will wear one of those hand warmer muff things with a chemical heat pack in it. He will tough it out and be ... fine.
The dude has guts.

It took broken bones, 3 pins and a hand surgery to keep him out of his first game and then he comes back and wins a playoff game 12 days after surgery.

That's why I don't worry about his mental toughness to keep improving his game in the future by limiting his turnovers or continue playing competitive despite a turnover or two.

Goff is Ram tough.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I def don't want Goff playing in this game. A hurt thumb in 26 degree weather. The ball gets rock hard and his thumb is gonna be sore AF. Its gonna be real hard for goff to get a good grip on that ball. Sounds like The Wolf should be ready to go

I'll let McVay make the call. He knows Goff's health and how he looks throwing the football with the injury. It may improve a lot in a week. It may not. Goff sees the field better than Wolford, so the question to me is if he has the ability to throw the ball accurately with his thumb.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
Yeah but lets not end it with some phantom sackage.
wasn't that the game against Frisco? We were up 3-0 and one of our WR's (can't remember who) torched Lonnie Rott and either the ball was over thrown, or it was called back?...either way we were on our way to a 10-0 lead....I think we lost 30-3 no?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Ramsey takes out Adams, will be interesting to see where Rodgers goes

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Ramsey takes out Adams, will be interesting to see where Rodgers goes
From what I’m reading Ramsey has no shot at covering Adams because he’s hands down better than Hopkins and all other WR.

Also we might get a sack or two if we get lucky. It’s amazing reading these guys talk shit about us.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what I’m reading Ramsey has no shot at covering Adams because he’s hands down better than Hopkins and all other WR.

Also we might get a sack or two if we get lucky. It’s amazing reading these guys talk shit about us.

Yeah, some of these Packers fans are wildin'. I don't think they realize how elite our defense is. Or they just think their offense is that good. Either ways, I hope we bring our A game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, some of these Packers fans are wildin'. I don't think they realize how elite our defense is. Or they just think their offense is that good. Either ways, I hope we bring our A game.
Yeah it also looks like Hill and Williams are going to be abused as well even by guys who can’t catch the ball.

Oh and their TE is Kittle or better level.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has Ramsey gone against Adams yet?
Not sure and I don’t ever count on a WR being totalling shut down. They’ll get theirs, but when Ramsey can shift their offense even a little away from what makes them lethal that’s a win. If Adams can’t convert a handful of third downs that changes the Packers offense massively in our favor.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
At the beginning of the year, I picked a Rams/ Bills Super Bowl. Yeah, was being a homer but hey, it could happen. No knock on Goff but with his thumb and cold weather, I think Wolford should start. I’m thinking Goff would be more effective and motivated coming off the bench in the middle of the game. Hope they are using frozen balls in practice this week to help Akers, Webster, Jefferson, and the boys to practice holding on to that slippery rock. That’s the main thing that could detail our train, turnovers.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Wolford’s running ability seems to be a better matchup for the GreenBay game imo.

Also our Linebackers have to show up to this game. Aaron Rodgers will be trying to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible to try and cancel our pass rush. Linebackers will have to cover well and make tackles.

It does sound like McVay already knows who is starting and just won’t say it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah, I've been surprised at how cocky they are. I guess they think with our QB situation that we don't stand a chance. They might end up being right.

You're right, it could end up being not our best game, but keeping it close and sticking with the run is key. Hopefully Akers is healthy & Brown can add something too because it's going to take AHOD. (All Hands on Deck).

Tano

Legend
wasn't that the game against Frisco? We were up 3-0 and one of our WR's (can't remember who) torched Lonnie Rott and either the ball was over thrown, or it was called back?...either way we were on our way to a 10-0 lead....I think we lost 30-3 no?
It was a 50 yard pass from Jim Everett to Flipper Anderson that Everett threw about 5 to 10 yards short to a WIDE open Flipper Anderson that would have made it 10-0 when Ronnie Lott ran about 15 yards across the field to barely tip the ball away at the very last second.

It changed the entire momentum of that game and SF went on to win 30 - 3.

They probably still would have won but momentum is a funny thing.