Rams Approved To Relocate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
There is always that possibility. Probably a little less than there was the possibility that spending $700 million in St Louis with no equity to show for it would have been a risk. But there is always going to be risk on projects of virtually any size. That is why these guys are referred to as risk takers.

See the problem I have here is that while I was not wanting them to move for the fans sake in the Lou, now that they have been cleared to move, I am going to hope for the best outcome for the RAMS - my team for 47 years. Them failing in LA is not a best outcome so I am not going to be nice to that argument just for the sake of placating those that want to see Stan fail for what he did to the city of St Louis.

I understand the ire of the fans there. I just don't buy the script going on there that there is one man responsible for this; he planned it all along; Georgia would have never done it; Khan would have never done it; some other business man would have never done it; the CVC was right to not keep to the top tier provision; on and on.

I would not really want to be in your shoes right now as I have in the past. :cool: Kudos to you and all the mods and admins here. Just saying..

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's obvious now that when Stan bought the land two years ago, his intent was moving the Rams.

He needed to make that decision then, because he had the opportunity to do so.

I keep hearing all these things about how remarkable it is that STL pulled a proposal together in "such a short amount of time" - but by the time they started, Stan had already gone down this path.

The only thing STL fans should really be upset about is that he didn't come out and say "we're going to move to LA if it's approved" - but there is not a soul on the planet that would have done that. It would've lost money, and considering it wasn't a certainty that the other owners approve it, it would've been just plain stupid.

Really nothing to be angry about here IMO. Sad? Sure...it sucks that you won't be able to see the Rams play.

This will likely serve as a message to people in local cities - support your team even when they suck or they will move - although that's always been common sense to me.

The people that went to every game, you did your part. Other people didn't. Excusing it by saying "the Rams sucked" is beside the point. That city officials brought up that point in their defense was laughable to me. There's no agreement that says the team has to win. The city got to have the NFL experience, and now they don't. The people of the city chose that.

From Kroenke's time with the Rams, he's shown that he is willing to spend money. That's all I really care about in an owner.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I think it's obvious now that when Stan bought the land two years ago, his intent was moving the Rams.

He needed to make that decision then, because he had the opportunity to do so.

I keep hearing all these things about how remarkable it is that STL pulled a proposal together in "such a short amount of time" - but by the time they started, Stan had already gone down this path.

The only thing STL fans should really be upset about is that he didn't come out and say "we're going to move to LA if it's approved" - but there is not a soul on the planet that would have done that. It would've lost money, and considering it wasn't a certainty that the other owners approve it, it would've been just plain stupid.

Really nothing to be angry about here IMO. Sad? Sure...it sucks that you won't be able to see the Rams play.

This will likely serve as a message to people in local cities - support your team even when they suck or they will move - although that's always been common sense to me.

The people that went to every game, you did your part. Other people didn't. Excusing it by saying "the Rams sucked" is beside the point. That city officials brought up that point in their defense was laughable to me. There's no agreement that says the team has to win. The city got to have the NFL experience, and now they don't. The people of the city chose that.

From Kroenke's time with the Rams, he's shown that he is willing to spend money. That's all I really care about in an owner.

Apparently he hasn't spent the money wisely. Just saying. lolol

Edit.. I mean on the team here.. :)

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Just adding something. But how long before they move again? Is LA permanent? When Stan dies, will the next owner try to move them back to STL? What if Stan overestimated the LA market and only 20,000 fans show up to the games? I just feel like there's a possibility this blows up in his face. I wonder what will happen.

I'm pretty sure you're never going to see the Rams move back to STL. (there's no way I'm alone with such a statement) I'm pretty sure you're also going to see the Rams do very well in the LA market, for a long long time. Even though it's heart breaking for fans in St Louis, the facts are it was a GREAT business decision and will help the Los Angeles Rams become a better team on the field, and worth so much more $$$.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would not really want to be in your shoes right now as I have in the past. :cool: Kudos to you and all the mods and admins here. Just saying..
To be honest Dag - while we were worried about how bad it was going to get, I have to say that the members here on ROD have shown why this is such a great site to not only be a member of but to moderate. Even as heated as this thing is and though we have had to show a few members the door, most everyone has debated the issues surrounding the move with pretty damn good self moderation. I don't think for a second that several would not like to just cut loose on all of us and I appreciate that they have kept their cool for the most part and respected the fans not attached to the Lou.

To be honest, and I can only speak to the work I have had to do here, as the others have been on high alert as well, but I have had to do less moderation on the fans in the Lou than just a couple outside of it - oddly not even from LA if I recall right.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Just adding something. But how long before they move again? Is LA permanent? When Stan dies, will the next owner try to move them back to STL? What if Stan overestimated the LA market and only 20,000 fans show up to the games? I just feel like there's a possibility this blows up in his face. I wonder what will happen.

Pretty unlikely given that he'll own the stadium and the land, and will pass that on to his children.. It could happen, but as long as they're making money from the area, and indications are they'll make a lot of money for a long time, there probably wont be any reason to move. In terms of only getting 20,000 fans or something ridiculous like that, also very unlikely. The Kings could draw 17,000-18,000 fans before they a top NHL team, and LA is not a traditionally strong hockey market. UCLA and USC are drawing 75-85,000 fans regularly and the NFL will draw fans easier than they both do. Dodgers average the most fans in MLB, Clippers are 100%, Lakers are 99.8% despite being a bottom team, the Kings are over capacity (obviously they're a top team now), I don't see that as being very likely.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Does anyone have any details on the stadium, as far as, will it be real grass? How many seats? etc.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To be honest Dag - while we were worried about how bad it was going to get, I have to say that the members here on ROD have shown why this is such a great site to not only be a member of but to moderate. Even as heated as this thing is and though we have had to show a few members the door, most everyone has debated the issues surrounding the move with pretty damn good self moderation. I don't think for a second that several would not like to just cut loose on all of us and I appreciate that they have kept their cool for the most part and respected the fans not attached to the Lou.

To be honest and I can only speak to the work I have had to do here, as the others have been on high alert as well, but I have had to do less moderation on the fans in the Lou than just a couple outside of it - oddly not even from LA if I recall right.
OFF TOPIC!! Your Avatar, bragging about that picture huh!?! NICE!!(y):rolllaugh:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Does anyone have any details on the stadium, as far as, will it be real grass? How many seats? etc.
Last I heard it will be artificial turf (bummer) and the regular season seating will be 70,000. They can add 30,000 standing room only seats for big events such as Superbowls and World Cup.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OFF TOPIC!! Your Avatar, bragging about that picture huh!?! NICE!!(y):rolllaugh:
It's funny you mention it. I was torn.. I didn't want to replace my other avatar as in it I was wearing my Half Fast Walking Club shirt given me by our friend Thordaddy (miss you Rich). But this picture was taken at the game where we all got together to remember Rich so I felt it was a fitting transition.

But yeah - pretty cool pic - eh? I think I can brag a little with it. And @kdemoff is the man.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

To be honest and I can only speak to the work I have had to do here, as the others have been on high alert as well, but I have had to do less moderation on the fans in the Lou than just a couple outside of it - oddly not even from LA if I recall right.

That's good to hear man. I differ a little bit from most fans in the 314/636/618 as I have been a fan since 72. I can understand what we just went through. Glad to hear they are showing class. Really sad, but happy for the die hard Ram fans in LA. I have said it before on here, that if they did move, better to go back to LA instead of London, and etc. I just didn't like the way this whole thing was handled. It reeked and lacked class by the NFL. One needs to treat people as they want to be treated. Don't lie to anyone.. That's the golden rule.. Wait.. We don't own the gold.. The NFL owns it. He who owns the gold makes the rules. :cool:

Regardless, kudos to you all who moderate this place. Sad we never had a beer together at the last event. Peace man.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
True, but how many Stanley Cups have the Blues won? Seriously, they play great hockey during the regular season, but come playoff time they are like a John Deer tractor, they come with an automatic choke.

The St. Louis Cardinals are a different story, they win consistently and have the most World Series besides the evil empire in New York.

Hmmmm.. John Deere tractors have built and fed this country now. Great work horses. Come out to the Midwest and see. ;) The Kings have only won Stanley cups because of some serious chippy play. They remind me of the NE Patriots of hockey.. ;) I'm just razzing you brother. I don't use blue fonts. :)

That said, was Enos Slaughter even around when JR came into the league? I'd have to google, but damn he had to be at the end of his career if he was around when JR came in? I may be wrong..

Yep it was in 1947. I was wrong. :)

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's funny you mention it. I was torn.. I didn't want to replace my other avatar as in it I was wearing my Half Fast Walking Club shirt given me by our friend Thordaddy (miss you Rich). But this picture was taken at the game where we all got together to remember Rich so I felt it was a fitting transition.

But yeah - pretty cool pic - eh? I think I can brag a little with it. And @kdemoff is the man.
I too will always remember 'Thordaddy' Fondly!! Boy! would he have ever had a lot to say about recent goings-on!!:rolllaugh::D

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I too will always remember 'Thordaddy' Fondly!! Boy! would he have ever had a lot to say about recent goings-on!!:rolllaugh::D

His daughter texted me Tuesday night after the decision came in. I felt like Rich was speaking to me through her.

I told her that he would have been a big help to all of us going through this whole thing. I really miss him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hmmmm.. John Deere tractors have built and fed this country now. Great work horses. Come out to the Midwest and see. ;) The Kings have only won Stanley cups because of some serious chippy play. They remind me of the NE Patriots of hockey.. ;) I'm just razzing you brother. I don't use blue fonts. :)

That said, was Enos Slaughter even around when JR came into the league? I'd have to google, but damn he had to be at the end of his career if he was around when JR came in? I may be wrong..

Yep it was in 1947. I was wrong. :)

Kings the NE Patriots of Hockey? You're killing me Smalls;)....Only reason I know about the Slaughter incident is because I watched the move "42" about 42 times.:cool: Great to correspond with you brother.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Kings the NE Patriots of Hockey? You're killing me Smalls;)....Only reason I know about the Slaughter incident is because I watched the move "42" about 42 times.:cool: Great to correspond with you brother.

You ever watch the HBO flick... Soul of the Game? Not a bad movie at all. And back at you on corresponding my friend. :)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You ever watch the HBO flick... Soul of the Game? Not a bad movie at all. And back at you on corresponding my friend. :)

Great Movie...If it's a historical true story movie I'm in and when you add sports that's the trifecta for me!