Rams 'actively' trying to re-sign WR Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What the hell's going on? Cap didn't increase THAT much. It's one thing for potential star's salaries increasing faster than the cap - but freaking role players?

I have to be honest I've never heard of Ryan Grant - even had to Google the dude to find out who the heck he was!! 84 career receptions for 985 yards and six touchdowns in four seasons - ohh yes, he's worth $29m dollars?!?! What are the Ravens thinking???

It's crazy.

Robert Woods contract average $6.8MM/yr, for perspective.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Good lord, Chiefs went all in.

We’ll see how this turns out but it’ll be good for Mahomes’s development. The ceiling of those playmakers look Super Bowl calibur but then you have Andy Reid, who is known for late or postseason meltdowns.

Psycho_X

Legend

Yeah we'll see after our own free agency is done but it's looking good. The first thing I think of when I consider that we'll possibly have two extra 3rds next year is if there is a LT prospect Snead and McVay like that we'll have a lot of trade up ammo to use next offseason. Watkins and Tru might set us up to nab Whitworth's replacement. Either way, more ammo for a dealer like Les is always a great thing.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah we'll see after our own free agency is done but it's looking good. The first thing I think of when I consider that we'll possibly have two extra 3rds next year is if there is a LT prospect Snead and McVay like that we'll have a lot of trade up ammo to use next offseason. Watkins and Tru might set us up to nab Whitworth's replacement. Either way, more ammo for a dealer like Les is always a great thing.

Peter cost was a 2nd next year & Sammy a 2nd this year. So it’s almost a wash , except The get cap space.

Quinn a 4th ? Tre a 4th
Talib cost a 5th. More cap saving.

Joyner next year will get Compt?

Shields might be a steal , & imo NRC was a huge signing again. He is the one getting The Rams off the field on 3rd & 5 ‘s

WestCoastRam

Legend
I mean, I don't even think the richest contract the Rams would even consider would even be in that ballpark. That's funny money.

And I don't think there's any ambiguity about it, that's a 3rd round compensation pick right there with that contract unless we go insane in FA from here on out.