Rams 'actively' trying to re-sign WR Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can we sign Sammy + DT (Poe, Richardson, Star) or ILB (Zach Brown/Bowman) ??

I think this would be best and then draft two stud edge rushers and OL backup.

nighttrain

Legend
Can we sign Sammy + DT (Poe, Richardson, Star) or ILB (Zach Brown/Bowman) ??

I think this would be best and then draft two stud edge rushers and OL backup.
we can if we sign AD for 20 mil, cause we will have 31 mil in cap money, to sing our own and a few others
train

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This is how I feel about Sammy...set him free, and if he doesn't come back...

crossers-pair.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/12/jaguars-show-interest-in-sammy-watkins/

Jaguars show interest in Sammy Watkins
Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2018

The Jaguars would like to keep receiver Allen Robinson. And maybe they’re squeezing him by looking around at other options.

Via Mike Kaye of First Coast News, the Jaguars have shown interest in receiver Sammy Watkins.

Watkins, like Robinson, is an unrestricted free agent who was not tagged. Unlike Robinson, Watkins was a top-four draft pick, acquired by the Bills after they gave up two first-round picks and a fourth-round selection to get him.

Both have red flags. Watkins has never lived up to his potential, and Robinson suffered a torn ACL in Week One last season.

Whatever Jacksonville does, they have the money to do it, thanks in part to the decision to keep Blake Bortles at $18 million per year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some team gonna be offering stupid money. Rams won't be able to match it. I want him back but will be very surprised if they get it done.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, I'm not optimistic that we can sign him. We're not as desperate at the position as some other teams are. Someone's gonna pay him what he wants. I think if we can't bring him back we need to look at defense. Especially edge rusher and ILB. I know they like guys like Longacre, Littleton and Ebukam. But are they ready to be starters with more snaps?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I’m trying to talk myself down, but the thought of losing Watkins worries me.

I can’t get our pre-2017 WR groups out of my mind and... we don’t need to put that kind of pressure on Goff’s development. Our WR Corp proved very capable in 2017. Why mess with that?

Get it done, Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m trying to talk myself down, but the thought of losing Watkins worries me.

I can’t get our pre-2017 WR groups out of my mind and... we don’t need to put that kind of pressure on Goff’s development. Our WR Corp proved very capable in 2017. Why mess with that?

Get it done, Rams.
This is the time of overpaying...Just freakin' accept it, and DO IT! It's like waiting to do Christmas shopping until Dec 24th, and you see the one gift that you know will be the perfect gift, even though its double what you were planning to spend. YOU waited too long to have other choices and are now limited. Buck up and do it!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's like waiting to do Christmas shopping until Dec 24th,
That’s a yearly ritual for me and my brother. Something we’ve been doing for years just cuz and of course for the entertainment of watching all the panicked faces. Ah yes... good times.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I am starting to prefer... and hope, that Josh Reynolds can step up and take his role and or a speedy rookie can also be used to stretch the field. Then get the 3rd round comp pick in 19' for Watkins. Would give them three 3rds next year, which would be helpful since they traded their 2nd.

I understand that it puts a lot on Reynolds, but that's what you drafted him for.