Rams a top-10 offense in 2024?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

swmizzou83

Starter
I think Kupp will be much improved this year and at least close to back to his peak. He mentioned in a recent podcast that he came into the season last year really banged up and never could recover from it. He said he feels the healthiest he has in years coming into this year.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think Kupp will be much improved this year and at least close to back to his peak. He mentioned in a recent podcast that he came into the season last year really banged up and never could recover from it. He said he feels the healthiest he has in years coming into this year.

If the Rams stay healthy, I don't see why the offense isn't dominant.

The defense has some questions but still, I think the defense will be decent with the possibility of being really good if the drafts picks work out.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
As long as McVay does not get cute we will be fine. Too many times last year we gashed teams in the running game down the field. Only to try and pass it in the end zone and end up with a FG attempt.
And with a lame kicker too !
Run,run and take deep shots IMO.
We will pummel teams in 2024.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As long as McVay does not get cute we will be fine.
What I'd really like to see is some posts about him getting too cute when they score a TD by passing the fuck out of the ball. Seriously. Because philosophically if you want to complain about him getting too cute in the redzone then complaining about the calls regardless of the outcome should be important.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
What I'd really like to see is some posts about him getting too cute when they score a TD by passing the fuck out of the ball. Seriously. Because philosophically if you want to complain about him getting too cute in the redzone then complaining about the calls regardless of the outcome should be important.
I am not going to complain about getting a TD anyway we get it.
But we all seen it last season. Run it down their throats in chunks. Get inside the 10, 1st and goal. Then 3 passes that require timing, more things to go your way to work. Then kick a FG.
A simple run play only needing short yardage requires far less things to go your way than any pass play. Most of the time in life if you need something simple, a simple solution is the easiest way to get it.
Throw it around down there when we already have a nice lead I say.
Or pass it down there when its a "surprise" because we usually run it in so much.
Martz did that all the time. 1st and goal sort yardage he just let Faulk run it in most of the time. When he threw it many times it was to a wide open guy because they were thinking Marshall ,Marshall , Marshall !

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not going to complain about getting a TD anyway we get it.
But we all seen it last season. Run it down their throats in chunks. Get inside the 10, 1st and goal. Then 3 passes that require timing, more things to go your way to work.
I don't disagree with the fact it is annoying as shit to see us run the ball down the field then change in the redzone and get all passhappy. McVay certainly does that. But I just try to check myself on that perception. Fact is we don't remember the times the passhappiness results in scores. We remember and focus on the missed opportunities.

It's a fan thing with playcalls. Any play that doesn't work it ends up being something we vent over. But sometimes it's also about the players. Did Stafford get through his reads correctly, or check us into the best option. Did the line execute their blocks well. Was everyone where they were supposed to be and doing what they should have been doing for that call and check. And so on and so forth. Still ends up being on the coach, as it is his offense and he is ultimately responsible, however awareness of this is something, again, I try to keep in mind at least as I'm throwing shit at the TV and laying blame during stalled drives.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I don't disagree with the fact it is annoying as shit to see us run the ball down the field then change in the redzone and get all passhappy. McVay certainly does that. But I just try to check myself on that perception. Fact is we don't remember the times the passhappiness results in scores. We remember and focus on the missed opportunities.

It's a fan thing with playcalls. Any play that doesn't work it ends up being something we vent over. But sometimes it's also about the players. Did Stafford get through his reads correctly, or check us into the best option. Did the line execute their blocks well. Was everyone where they were supposed to be and doing what they should have been doing for that call and check. And so on and so forth. Still ends up being on the coach, as it is his offense and he is ultimately responsible, however awareness of this is something, again, I try to keep in mind at least as I'm throwing shit at the TV and laying blame during stalled drives.
Merlin, many times the Rams have been in something like 3rd and 1 and it was a critical play. I am clamoring to run it ! Then we pass it for 25 yards (or a TD) and I calm down. That happened quite a bit.
Still, the odds are for a simple run.
A pass play. The center-QB exchange needs to happen, O line needs to hold their blocks longer, QB has to complete his drop back, identify receiver, receiver needs to get off the line and into his route without being knocked off, get open, QB has to throw a catch-able ball, receiver needs to track the ball and catch it.
And ll for naught if the pass rush gets there or the receiver drops it, pass tipped.
Short run play, center-QB exchange needs to happen, hand off completed, O line needs to just block the guy in front of him for a split second and the rest is the RB instincts.
Thats a big difference in the amount of things that need to go your way.
But you know all that stuff.
Don,t get me wrong. I luv it when we roll teams up throwing it around. Like seeing Rams atop the passing and receiving stats too.
But I have seen it before. I want the best of both worlds. When we had a dominate run game in the 70s and 80s we did not win it all. With SJ either. Did not have the right coaches back then too.
We do now and have won it all. Have a older QB that can still sling it we need to keep upright.
I want it all. Impose our will, bludgeon teams. And still have the players with the ability to go pass happy if we need it or we just want to "practice" it after we have some team demoralized running it down their throats.
Their are a lot of cards lining up for this season and I want a epic one.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Remember in Late December and January "DE-offense" wins championships". ~ @Loyal

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Merlin, many times the Rams have been in something like 3rd and 1 and it was a critical play.
I concede that being able to run the ball on 3rd and 1 with a chance to actually get it is important. When I watch playoff games that is one element I strongly value because being able to dictate in the trenches is such an enormous advantage.

Also I'm completely happy with a win that includes a 3-0 victory margin and us running the ball whilst playing great defense. I'm a huge fan of the run game. But I have to also admit that since we won a title without the run game that the general rules sort of go out the window with McVay. Hopefully though we'll have a dominant run game this year and everyone will be happy. Because when McVay's offense has a run game they are unstoppable.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I concede that being able to run the ball on 3rd and 1 with a chance to actually get it is important. When I watch playoff games that is one element I strongly value because being able to dictate in the trenches is such an enormous advantage.

Also I'm completely happy with a win that includes a 3-0 victory margin and us running the ball whilst playing great defense. I'm a huge fan of the run game. But I have to also admit that since we won a title without the run game that the general rules sort of go out the window with McVay. Hopefully though we'll have a dominant run game this year and everyone will be happy. Because when McVay's offense has a run game they are unstoppable.

Like I posted in the other thread, KW has vision + an ability to stutter, cut, and burst that I haven't seen in a while. I'm also excited about Blake, both these kids have vision + burst, plus who's this new (old) Boston Scott kid?? he's got some wheels + can return kicks & punts. A bit small-ish but could be a nice fastball to compliment the change-ups & downright knuckleballs that KW & BC bring to the field. I hear good things about the others in the RB room but here's hoping they don't see the field. But overall I've got as good a vibes about our RB room as I have had in an while, at least since pre-knee Gurley.
So I think McV just might have that run game he's been looking for to help balance his attack.
LOVE your new avatar btw. What a great tribute to 99. That jersey # is gonna get hung in the rafters soon. Great discussions in this thread.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm extremely excited about Corum. Williams is excellent but he's not a bell cow. Corum should rectify the issues we've had in that regard since Gurley declined. We should have options for the first time in a long time in that backfield.

Might even see some 21 sets with both those boys in the backfield. Imagine KW moving around and threatening on jet sweeps with Corum as the run threat. :startstruck:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm extremely excited about Corum. Williams is excellent but he's not a bell cow. Corum should rectify the issues we've had in that regard since Gurley declined. We should have options for the first time in a long time in that backfield.

Might even see some 21 sets with both those boys in the backfield. Imagine KW moving around and threatening on jet sweeps with Corum as the run threat. :startstruck:
And if Evans has improved (and yeah, I know you're not an Evans fan, Merlin, but he has natural talent) as much as Coach Gould says he has...we could have a hell of a backfield.