Rams a top-10 offense in 2024?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
When you and Old-Not-Dead talk about 'keeping Robinson' and 'moving Tutu' do you mean prior to this year?

Because, they are both going to be free agents after 2024. Either (or both) could be re-signed but a trade after the season is not an option. Their contract will have expired.
I was just responding to OND about his thoughts on what we would get for Tutu.

I guess it would have to be this year and if so - maybe before the trade deadline.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you and Old-Not-Dead talk about 'keeping Robinson' and 'moving Tutu' do you mean prior to this year?

Because, they are both going to be free agents after 2024. Either (or both) could be re-signed but a trade after the season is not an option. Their contract will have expired.
In reality, the time frame doesnt even matter as neither Robinson nor Tutu have been worth a day 2 pick, it's a laughable contention. Considering Keenan Allen (4th rounder), Dionte Johnson (6th rounder) and Jeudy (5th rounder) came nowhere near day 2, these guys would be lucky to earn a late round pick swap if anything at all

Tano

Legend
In reality, the time frame doesnt even matter as neither Robinson nor Tutu have been worth a day 2 pick, it's a laughable contention. Considering Keenan Allen (4th rounder), Dionte Johnson (6th rounder) and Jeudy (5th rounder) came nowhere near day 2, these guys would be lucky to earn a late round pick swap if anything at all
Yeah I had my doubts

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't realize that Demarcus Robinson was drafted in 2016 by the Chiefs -- in fact he already has 1 ring.
He's 6-1+change, 4.59 40, and seems to be very similar to what we already have, both in terms of size, talent & age -- only Puka is the youngest in our crew.
But maybe that's the plan? interchangeable WR's that can all play the same role. Because him, Whittington, Puka & Kupp all seem very similar to me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the second time in a week I have seen Jordan Whittington's name associated with speed. So I went and checked some stats and the only thing I could find was a 4.68 forty-yard dash on his pro day. I also heard he had some kind of injury that day. So I checked out some of his highlights from Texas and I do not believe he has "speed". I loved the pick, however, and believe he could definitely find a place in this offense. He reminds me of Dweebo in that he is big and strong and runs like a RB. But I also believe he may have trouble separating from speedy cornerbacks. We shall see.
Speed is more than how fast they run in their underwear. The Rams realize this and draft those kind of players.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Will McVay try to push the ball in the end zone with Williams and Corum running behind that huge and revamped offensive line?
I blame McVay for at least 2 losses last year. One was the Cincy game where he installed a turnstile at LT when AJ went down. One could also argue that he is to blame for having Brett fucking Rypien as our backup option. That packer game was as ugly an offensive effort as we have seen since Rob BoreUs was holding the call sheet....

... and finally there was the Raven game. They ran the ball at WILL all the way down to the goal line only for McVay to outsmart himself with 3 straight incompletions in the hardest area of the field to throw successfully. He did that multiple times late in the season and it was infuriating. I wouldn't trade our coach for any other, and I expect him to learn from that shit and be even better this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I blame McVay for at least 2 losses last year. One was the Cincy game where he installed a turnstile at LT when AJ went down. One could also argue that he is to blame for having Brett fucking Rypien as our backup option. That packer game was as ugly an offensive effort as we have seen since Rob BoreUs was holding the call sheet....

... and finally there was the Raven game. They ran the ball at WILL all the way down to the goal line only for McVay to outsmart himself with 3 straight incompletions in the hardest area of the field to throw successfully. He did that multiple times late in the season and it was infuriating. I wouldn't trade our coach for any other, and I expect him to learn from that shit and be even better this year.
Or maybe this year when he calls passes in the redzone the players will execute them and score. It isn't only the calls themselves that matter. Players have a say on both sides of the ball.

By the way I agree on that drive you referenced. However if the boys had scored there would be zero complaints on the play calls.

That Fudgepacker game was the angriest I have been in years following a loss. That one really got under my skin but it may pay dividends with McVay learning from it. I'd say we are in much better shape now at QB2. Night and day.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
This is the second time in a week I have seen Jordan Whittington's name associated with speed. So I went and checked some stats and the only thing I could find was a 4.68 forty-yard dash on his pro day. I also heard he had some kind of injury that day. So I checked out some of his highlights from Texas and I do not believe he has "speed". I loved the pick, however, and believe he could definitely find a place in this offense. He reminds me of Dweebo in that he is big and strong and runs like a RB. But I also believe he may have trouble separating from speedy cornerbacks. We shall see.

Saw something post drafting of him that said he was running a consistent 4.4 in warmups and tweaked his leg before his official “pro day” run. Which he ran a 4.6.

Didn’t believe it based on his highlights, but I don’t think speed really matters with his play style

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I didn't realize that Demarcus Robinson was drafted in 2016 by the Chiefs -- in fact he already has 1 ring.
He's 6-1+change, 4.59 40, and seems to be very similar to what we already have, both in terms of size, talent & age -- only Puka is the youngest in our crew.
But maybe that's the plan? interchangeable WR's that can all play the same role. Because him, Whittington, Puka & Kupp all seem very similar to me.
If all of them can run the complete route tree which includes going deep and can be where they are expected to be so Stafford can rely on them then you don't need different types of receivers. In fact when personel doesn't give away tendencies and the rams plays all start out looking the same or at least you can run any play from any formation and motion then the D is in a real pickle. Now we have our RBs and WRs all with similar skill sets. I like it.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Or maybe this year when he calls passes in the redzone the players will execute them and score. It isn't only the calls themselves that matter. Players have a say on both sides of the ball.

By the way I agree on that drive you referenced. However if the boys had scored there would be zero complaints on the play calls.

That Fudgepacker game was the angriest I have been in years following a loss. That one really got under my skin but it may pay dividends with McVay learning from it. I'd say we are in much better shape now at QB2. Night and day.
The Cincy loss pissed me off the most.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Spot on. I blame him for the loss to the Patriots in the Super Bowl in 2018. It was predictable that Belichick would run the same defensive scheme that gave the Rams fits all season. McVay had all season to come up with an answer. He was so convinced that it was all about execution of his 11 personnel scheme.

That being said. I wouldn’t trade him for any other coach in the league. Sure everyone praises Reid as the best coach in football, but he has Mahomes. He wasn’t nearly as successful with his Eagles teams.

The Packers game was infuriating, because McVay ran with some shit backups for several years, and finally moved on from them. I thought he should have learned a lesson. I know he thought he had a backup in Stetson Bennett, but when Bennett disappeared was Bret Rypien really the best/only option available? And why even go into the season with a fourth round rookie and Rypien. Bennett was far from a sure thing.

I guess no coach is perfect.