Rams a top-10 offense in 2024?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If all of them can run the complete route tree which includes going deep and can be where they are expected to be so Stafford can rely on them then you don't need different types of receivers. In fact when personel doesn't give away tendencies and the rams plays all start out looking the same or at least you can run any play from any formation and motion then the D is in a real pickle. Now we have our RBs and WRs all with similar skill sets. I like it.
You’re preachin’ to the choir.

When I was a kid playing pop warner, I took a back seat to the coach’s son at QB. He couldn’t throw, so we installed a double reverse pass that I threw as a wingback. After a TD in the first 2 games, I couldn’t step on the field without hearing, “ watch the reverse pass.” It didn’t work so well after that.

I have always felt needing a specific player or personnel group to run playsets is finite. I regularly rewatch Rams highlights and I can see why the number one reason McVay is revered as a playcaller is because so many plays start out looking the same.

This is why the run game is critical to this offense. There are so many plays the Rams run where they fake a handoff to the left and roll right—with a jet sweep possibility in motion.

Thanks for mentioning this. It has always been a peeve of mine—seeing certain players in for obvious plays.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think a healthy Rams offense is a top 5 offense, for sure. I'm just curious how much they'll lean on the run game.. not because they can't pass the ball.. but because they'll have the ability to dominate on the ground.

That beefy fucking line... along with 2 RBs.. maybe even 3 with Boston Scott.. will just move people, imo. And the RBs.. much like the WRs.. are all similar enough that they aren't "tells" to the defense, just like the @majrleaged and @fanotodd were just mentioning.

Dominating in the run game can only have good implications for Matthew Stafford and his health, imo.

But.. yeah.. the O should just kick ass from go this year.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
It is a good question. There is no doubt mcvay wants to pass. He has spent way more time designing his passing attack. What i hope is, that when the running attack is working he rides it. I dont need to see a balanced attack. I need to see an attack that reads the room and when the opposition is on the ropes the play calls are to put the game away not keep the lead.

oldnotdead

Legend
This offense is going to force a lot of teams to keep up to stay in the game. That is going to put a lot of pressure on the opposing OC. It may seem paradoxical but that could play into the Ram's defense's hand. They are built to attack on all levels. QBs and RBs might be pressing and that is when mistakes happen. Williams fumbles happened when he was pressing.

With the kind of pressure the D front can bring QBs will be looking to pass quickly perhaps not taking the time to read properly. A pass or two could be off target as a consequence giving the secondary opportunities. The Ram offense and defense IMO are complimentary. They both are built to attack the opposition and take them out of their rhythm. Morris played to wait for mistakes instead of trying to create them. That was what both Phillips and Staley brought to this defense. It's why the Rams defense was ranked in the top half of the league where as under Morris the D sank to the bottom half by playing passive.

Shula has the guys to play aggressively, especially in the front 7 (or 6 when in nickel). It's why I think Tyler Davis could become an important rotational DT. He plays with more aggression than Brown and I think Davis will bump Brown down the depth chart by the end of the season. He's in a contract year and hasn't shown enough which is why they drafted Davis who appears to be an upgrade.

Limmer and Leveston look like they can provide quality depth for the interior OL. The player to watch is Blake Larson an UDFA OT. He reminds me of Alaric Jackson who was also an UDFA. It's hard to tell but it looks like Larson has the feet to play both sides. He definitely has the length. He will need this year to strengthen and work on his technique. One thing that kind of stands out about him is that he looks comfortable playing in space, something that Jackson even now does not always look like he is likewise comfortable. I see him on the PS this year but he's a guy IMO to watch.

The reason I'm making a lot of the OL is because in past years the Rams had poor depth so any injury was a big deal.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This offense is going to force a lot of teams to keep up to stay in the game. That is going to put a lot of pressure on the opposing OC. It may seem paradoxical but that could play into the Ram's defense's hand. They are built to attack on all levels. QBs and RBs might be pressing and that is when mistakes happen. Williams fumbles happened when he was pressing.

With the kind of pressure the D front can bring QBs will be looking to pass quickly perhaps not taking the time to read properly. A pass or two could be off target as a consequence giving the secondary opportunities. The Ram offense and defense IMO are complimentary. They both are built to attack the opposition and take them out of their rhythm. Morris played to wait for mistakes instead of trying to create them. That was what both Phillips and Staley brought to this defense. It's why the Rams defense was ranked in the top half of the league where as under Morris the D sank to the bottom half by playing passive.

Shula has the guys to play aggressively, especially in the front 7 (or 6 when in nickel). It's why I think Tyler Davis could become an important rotational DT. He plays with more aggression than Brown and I think Davis will bump Brown down the depth chart by the end of the season. He's in a contract year and hasn't shown enough which is why they drafted Davis who appears to be an upgrade.

Limmer and Leveston look like they can provide quality depth for the interior OL. The player to watch is Blake Larson an UDFA OT. He reminds me of Alaric Jackson who was also an UDFA. It's hard to tell but it looks like Larson has the feet to play both sides. He definitely has the length. He will need this year to strengthen and work on his technique. One thing that kind of stands out about him is that he looks comfortable playing in space, something that Jackson even now does not always look like he is likewise comfortable. I see him on the PS this year but he's a guy IMO to watch.

The reason I'm making a lot of the OL is because in past years the Rams had poor depth so any injury was a big deal.

WOW !! Your talking ROOKIES!!

As FAR as I see,Ram FANS that question Bobby Brown will eat a lot of (CHIT) CROW!! Tyler Davis was just a quality pick. If your saying he was drafted because of or replace Bobby Brown is LAUGHABLE!

As far as ROOKIES again,let’s see what they can do,but 2 of the 3 might make the 53 ? This big dude that was undrafted though.GET OFF Fantasy Isaland. The backup center spot is up for grabs.Limmer is a stud.Now how well he plays & smart is what he needs to show.

Leveston might be another Les Sneads steal ? What’s going to happen to Warren & Logan?

Blake Larson though? Get real!! At what point can he hold Joesph Notebooms jock? Bobby Briwn is another Ram that just does the work.The work is the work & what makes The Rams Franchise special under Sean Mcvay.

Rookies once again have a long way to go,but Jared Verse has that first round talent.Fiske or Davis is a good little battle.Both have solid motors.Suze is the question

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
There is no doubt mcvay wants to pass. He has spent way more time designing his passing attack.
I wonder how much McVay has been storing up some game planning for the running game. He seems to be a guy that wants to flip things on its ear in order to keep the defenses guessing. Now he potentially has THE absolute most balanced offense in his tenure. I have to think there are some tricks he's been holding onto until he felt he had the guns to pull them off with the ability for the run game to take over a game. I hope I'm right here because I would absolutely love a few games where we maul teams with a great running game and make teams so fearful of that idea that they can't stop either the run or pass. :hope:
but that could play into the Ram's defense's hand.
I agree with most of what you were saying. This though is something I've harped on for quite some time.

A great offense can make a defense look both good and bad. Stats are always misleading.

We could kill it with a defense ranked no better than last season. Especially if our offense is as balanced as I think they will be.

Fun times to be a Rams fan. 56 years in and this is the best regime overall I have ever seen.

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
Totally agree. I suspect our D ranking will a suffer due to our "O"" being so dominant.

Tano

Legend
WOW !! Your talking ROOKIES!!

As FAR as I see,Ram FANS that question Bobby Brown will eat a lot of (CHIT) CROW!! Tyler Davis was just a quality pick. If your saying he was drafted because of or replace Bobby Brown is LAUGHABLE!

As far as ROOKIES again,let’s see what they can do,but 2 of the 3 might make the 53 ? This big dude that was undrafted though.GET OFF Fantasy Isaland. The backup center spot is up for grabs.Limmer is a stud.Now how well he plays & smart is what he needs to show.

Leveston might be another Les Sneads steal ? What’s going to happen to Warren & Logan?

Blake Larson though? Get real!! At what point can he hold Joesph Notebooms jock? Bobby Briwn is another Ram that just does the work.The work is the work & what makes The Rams Franchise special under Sean Mcvay.

Rookies once again have a long way to go,but Jared Verse has that first round talent.Fiske or Davis is a good little battle.Both have solid motors.Suze is the question
Blake Larson if he is any good will make the practice squad.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
This balanced offense should give McVay an opportunity to work on two of his coaching weaknesses, clock management and timeout usage. I foresee this offense dominating "time of possession".

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Blake Larson if he is any good will make the practice squad.
— well he is a big dude.The preseason for The Rams this year could be The Best team he has had on the Grass.

Blake Larson wouldn’t even start IMO!!! How he does is anyone’s guess.

Oldbutnotdead makes it seem like he is some next player up & on the Cusp of being a starter.
LMFAO !!! Seriously this is what he brings to the post. JAKEBONG(hit) creates these ideas,but the reality of it is(can) be far fetched.

Zach Evan’s is going to have a chance to run the ball with a solid cast of backups. I expect Jimmy G to get some early snaps with Bennett get a lot of work .Dresser Winn trying to hold on to victory.