Rams a top-10 offense in 2024?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan

Others catching on to what the Rams have done this offseason. The brief mention of "bolstering the O-line" doesn't give it justice to how big this is, getting Jackson & moving Avila to C, long our weakest spot on the line. KW & BC could be the best RB duo in the league this year. Adding that TX kid (Whittington?) will give us deep speed with size (sorry Tutu) we haven't had in a while. Tutu is no slouch, and neither is D-rob, who is also a great "deep speed with size" target. Honestly, Puka's got wheels too -- he could even be better this year, and durable? yes, so far, plus he's got the size to be durable. Just gotta keep Staff standing up & we got a chance to live up to that #4 rank IMHO.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the second time in a week I have seen Jordan Whittington's name associated with speed. So I went and checked some stats and the only thing I could find was a 4.68 forty-yard dash on his pro day. I also heard he had some kind of injury that day. So I checked out some of his highlights from Texas and I do not believe he has "speed". I loved the pick, however, and believe he could definitely find a place in this offense. He reminds me of Dweebo in that he is big and strong and runs like a RB. But I also believe he may have trouble separating from speedy cornerbacks. We shall see.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
1719857306883.png

1719857329772.png

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, it makes sense. Arguably the best QB in the NFC. A running back who led the league in rushing yards per game. A record setting rookie performance from Puka gives us a top tier WR1 or WR2 depending on what Kupp's role will be. With Kupp the only question mark is health. If he stays healthy he is still a premier receiver. Robinson is a solid WR3. Tutu is the speed guy to stretch the field. An improved and bulked up line. No reason to think this team can't put up 30 points numerous times this season. Keep an eye on Davis Allen and Colby Parkinson. They are both athletic enough to make plays.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is the second time in a week I have seen Jordan Whittington's name associated with speed. So I went and checked some stats and the only thing I could find was a 4.68 forty-yard dash on his pro day. I also heard he had some kind of injury that day. So I checked out some of his highlights from Texas and I do not believe he has "speed". I loved the pick, however, and believe he could definitely find a place in this offense. He reminds me of Dweebo in that he is big and strong and runs like a RB. But I also believe he may have trouble separating from speedy cornerbacks. We shall see.
Ya decided to fact check, and I think you're right, not very flattering profile but neither was Kupp's:
I guess we'll get the ball in his hands & see what he can do. He may also be slotted for PR duties? gunner?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Top 10??? Hell If this line is as dominate as we think and can be this could be the number 1 offense. The only way I see us out of the top 5 is if our running game is so dominate we don't have to pass much and we just don't need to put up as many points as we grind the clock.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We have everything but speed outside the hash. So yeah barring injury this should be a top 10 offense. Maybe top 5 if the line keeps 9 clean.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Whittington is our Benny Skow replacement. I don't think he will affect Tutu's touches.
Whittington is a bit of that, yeah, but unlike Skowronek, he can return punts. If he makes a Skowronek rookie impact (getting starter snaps, making the most of his opportunities, key third down YAC catches), I’ll be pleased as punch.

Honestly, though, I think he could take the third receiver spot, as well as return punts.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were 8th in scoring last year so I dont see why anyone would think they'd go backwards

nantucket9

UDFA
Name
nantucket9
The big issue which is noted elsewhere on this thread is Kupp. His he elite still? Maybe not. But the Rams have to hope he's
very good this year. Without Kupp being close to what he was at his peak, our lack of depth at WR is going to be very telling.
Our starters will be mediocre, barring a trade of some sort. And in McVay's offense with Stafford at QB; it's a Cardinal sin not to have really strong WR's. Kupp is THE biggest and most important question mark for the Rams heading into the season.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
That offense had better be around #4 (at least) to support the young defense.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I don't see Whittington getting much playing time beyond ST. If he does get more meaningful PT that will likely mean Robinson and TuTu are underperforming or someone is injured. Whether you like TuTu and DR or not we want them to perform at their expected level.

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO the Rams hope Whittington can replace Robinson at X next year. Or they keep Robinson and look to move Tutu. They can probably get a second day pick for him. Or they can simply hang on to Tutu as an injury replacement.

This team is primed this year to make the SB run I felt they would in 2024 and beyond. IMO this team has a 3 year window to make a SB with pretty much the roster they have.

I think a lot of prognosticators are coming around to just how good the offense looks. With their current OL this will be a dangerous inside run attack offense. Williams and Corum have the same type of skillset. I would be shocked if they don't finish in the top 10 on offense. I think Jimmy might stick around after this year because he can add a 3rd ring and maybe a 4th ring.

IMO it's the defense that will surprise people. I don't see them finishing outside of 12th on D. In 2025 this defense will be a top 10 unit. As I've always said you can't replace AD but you can replace his production. With Verse and Fiske they have done that. Verse has all the talent to be the Ram's version of Von Miller with Young easily replacing or exceeding Floyd in this D. With Young and Verse on the edge and Turner and Fiske inside this will be a very good 4 man rush. I would expect Shula to return to a single gap penetration style they played under Phillips. I think we will see more man and zone match coverage (Staley).

They will have good boundary CBs with White and Williams with White being a bridge for Durant. Durant coming into the NFL was not looked at as a zone coverage CB. IMO that is why playing to his strength will allow him to blossom. Lake looks good at SCB which is more about the DB's ability to read and align properly more than pure speed. Lake has enough speed to play the position. In fact Jason Taylor is another safety/CB hybrid with the length and speed to play multiple positions. He could potentially overtake Tomlinson as the 4th CB on the depth chart while also providing depth at safety.

Brown is going to have to flash to hold off Tyler Davis as the rotational NT. Davis has a very good first step and he's very strong and when he is healthy he's a very good rotational player with starter potential should he be needed.

This is an excellent roster on both sides of the ball.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would agree that the Rams should have a top 10 offense. But will they be better in the red zone? That is what hurt them in the playoffs. Will McVay try to push the ball in the end zone with Williams and Corum running behind that huge and revamped offensive line? Or will he try and use 6'7" Colby Parkinson or 6'6" Davis Allen matched up against smaller linebackers or safeties? I think if the Rams can find the end zone easier than they did in 2023 we should be all set.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Looking at past trades, I say a day 3 pick at best - maybe 5th or 6th but I even doubt that.
When you and Old-Not-Dead talk about 'keeping Robinson' and 'moving Tutu' do you mean prior to this year?

Because, they are both going to be free agents after 2024. Either (or both) could be re-signed but a trade after the season is not an option. Their contract will have expired.