Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a feeling the one person I ignore on this board is being himself.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No it doesn't. I really am sounding like a broken record here but listen to McVay's presser from this week. He addresses all these coaches and goes into detail on Lake.

THANK YOU “OLD SCHOOL “ The Voice of REASON!!

Lake was hired because of his relationships.

Add when Mike LaFleur was hired he talked about learning at a young age from Morris with Mcvay & his brother.Those are relationships priceless.Ram Fans can BAG on whoever they want,but I enjoy feeling the HEART BEAT of the team.
Mcvay has gone through a lot of different coaches & it’s to see the coaching tree around The NFL.
The mentoring of Young Possible DC’s or HC is cool. Shula & Henderson both had interviews this offseason.They both took turns calling plays in the preseason & expect the same.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It means the polar opposite
Assistant head coach is a puff piece title, it holds little weight. He might be higher on the chain of command in regards to being asked to get McVay a cup of coffee than Morris, but thats about it.
That’s funny,but then again he will have a big part at putting the defensive (looks)plays in each week.
Question is will he have anything to do with calling plays in the preseason?
—Going to training camp over the years in the So. Cal area.
Aubrey Pleasant is One of the most Vocal coaches.He is always talking & calling out plays.I really think Sean Mcvay missed his energy.He was very good with Talib & Peters.I think he was also part of why they knew it was time to move on from them.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Really Dude?
He’s probably so wasted he doesn’t remember typing it.

I’m amazed he isn’t on some staff in the league, apparently much brighter than his writing skills let’s on.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Morris lovers can suck my balls then (just kidding if I'll be banned).

When you have damn near EVERY talking head, former players and announcer talking about how piss poor your scheme is and how bad it is playing so far back and soft in coverage. You need to change it or just be done.
Sure that’s why he got a HC interview that last 3 weeks & 3 meetings.
Funny Jalen Ramsey has given him support & now he is the one who is gone.
Tell Sean Mcvay that. THEY ALL NEED BLAME HIM!! Lmao - just silly. Seems like The Rams have been putting a SOLID COACHING STAFF together 2023.This thread is about the new coaching staff.
Go to The Post to RANT!!

Wonder how Andrew Carter will do.He should have an excellent resume working with The Rams coaching staff. Eric Henderson imo is one of the best DLine coaches in The NFL

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure about that, I used to think that too, however, IMO, McVay will be leaning on Lake while also putting Jimmy in areas where issues arise. Last season, good example, where McVay moved Thomas Brown back to the RB room ,where issues rose.

All in All adding Lake is a plus IMHO and I look at Raheem Morris differently then others as his defense is predicated on putting pressure on the QB. My biggest issue with the defense last year was how Kendrick was giving playing time over other CB's that were better cover guys IMO. Hopefully with the addition of Pleasant and I'm sure Lake is going to be involved in the Secondary along with Chris Beake as the Rams will be breaking in younger players because it appears Ramsey will be not be donning horns in 2023.

-LMAO early on Kendrick-joke

Whatever Lake does I can’t see him taking over as a position coach like Thomas Brown. He was put there because Sample took a position in college.The Rams season was finished at the time basically.
—Kromer assistant offensive coach took over TE’s because he was the next coach up?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Morris lovers can suck my balls then (just kidding if I'll be banned).
Preemptive removal of insult built in to the comment. Impressive. Might start using that myself. :laugh3:

Tano

Legend
Tell Sean Mcvay that. THEY ALL NEED BLAME HIM!! Lmao - just silly. Seems like The Rams have been putting a SOLID COACHING STAFF together 2023.This thread is about the new coaching staff.
Go to The Post to RANT!!

Wonder how Andrew Carter will do.He should have an excellent resume working with The Rams coaching staff. Eric Henderson imo is one of the best DLine coaches in The NFL
Actually a lot of us who do not like his defensive scheme think he would be a much better HC than DC.

Let his OC and DC call the plays and let him coach the team and I think he would do good as long as he allows the DC to put in his own scheme.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Actually a lot of us who do not like his defensive scheme think he would be a much better HC than DC.
Many of us have communicated that very post, however, what if it was the Rams Morris became Head Coach of?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Let his OC and DC call the plays and let him coach the team and I think he would do good as long as he allows the DC to put in his own scheme.
I guess from what I gather when he was looking to become HC.The question would have been who would have been The Rams DC ? I don’t want to think about that question.

I’m ECSTATIC Raheem Morris he is The Rams DC.Would have been Through The ROOF if he got the HC job. A COMP Pick would’ve been nice.
The Rams coaching staff on DEFENSE have qualifications move up the COACHING RANKS!.

—Whatever your thoughts are is cool,but The Rams are in a better place having Morris back because of his LEADERSHIP(mentoring)& Knowledge.Sean Mcvay Trust in him.
Sort of silly saying I don’t look at results or stats.I just don’t like the way his defense looks.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I guess from what I gather when he was looking to become HC.The question would have been who would have been The Rams DC ? I don’t want to think about that question.
Eric Henderson and you still don't have to think about it.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Go to The Post to RANT!!

Mike McCarthy got hired by GB from SF even after he had a BAD year coordinating.

I didn't care for Morris in the first 2/3 of the 2021 season UNTIL he tightened up the defense and really started getting aggressive to end the season and in the playoffs. And then I loved him as DC.

But then he did the soft shell shit and every game we heard about how it's killing us and he needs to get more aggressive. And didn't.

Pleasant and Lake seen to be more aggressive, man up and be physically dominant at the LOS with WRs. So MAYBE that'll be what Raheem starts doing.

If he can get the DBs up to the LOS, do better disguising and play physical. Then I'm good with him.

The ONLY DC in coaching who can get away without disguising anything because there defense is going to hit you in the fuckin mouth and dominate all game is the MAN Phil Parker, the DC at Iowa.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mike McCarthy got hired by GB from SF even after he had a BAD year coordinating.
Have to put this to rest, McCarthy was hired by the 49ers because he had done an outstanding job for several years in New Orleans. He only had one year in San Francisco & they were not a good team, so he was not hired for the job he did in San Francisco, he was hired for the job he did in New Orleans with Aaron Brooks and that is why the Packers hired McCarthy as their Head Coach.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Have to put this to rest, McCarthy was hired by the 49ers because he had done an outstanding job for several years in New Orleans. He only had one year in San Francisco & they were not a good team, so he was not hired for the job he did in San Francisco, he was hired for the job he did in New Orleans with Aaron Brooks.
Frankly, I didn't know he was in NO. I just remember being younger and seeing he got hired by GB and just looking at his SF track record.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Frankly, I didn't know he was in NO. I just remember being younger and seeing he got hired by GB and just looking at his SF track record.
Packers QB Coach in 1999, went on to coordinate the Saints Offense under Jim Haslett from 2000-2004 the Saints with Aaron Brooks defeated the Rams in the playoffs in 2000.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Packers QB Coach in 1999, went on to coordinate the Saints Offense under Jim Haslett from 2000-2004 the Saints with Aaron Brooks defeated the Rams in the playoffs in 2000.
Well that makes A LOT more sense then. Thanks for the info! I genuinely had no idea!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Packers QB Coach in 1999, went on to coordinate the Saints Offense under Jim Haslett from 2000-2004 the Saints with Aaron Brooks defeated Az Hakim fumbling away the game vs the Rams in the playoffs in 2000.
*Fixed
Agree on the McCarthy stuff though
Similar to McCarthy was GB going to the well again, hiring LaFleur as Head Coach even though he had an unimpressive year as OC for Tennessee before being named HC

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Speaking of LaFleur if Green Bay starts Love McVay may get his OC back. :horns: :biggrin: :horns: